Breede River Queen is a spacious and charming self-catering holiday home on the banks of the Breede River, which is one of the largest and longest navigable rivers in South Africa.
Only 250km from Cape Town or George, the house is situated in the Breede Riverine Village, 5km south of Malgas.
This 300m2 double storey house offers the ideal accommodation for friends & family gatherings, nature-loving groups, international travellers, or corporate groups.
Breede River Queen is created with a combination of rustic charm and up market convenience, tailored for entertainment and equipped to make you feel at home.
Part of the Lower Breede River conservancy and nature reserve, this holiday home is one of the few property with a swimming pool.
With 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, lounges, sunrooms, entertainment area, lush garden, swimming pool, private jetty on the river, etc…, it is a great home for sharing, having fun, relaxing, and enjoying various activities and adventures...
Breede River Queen has its own private jetty, giving water lovers access to over 50km of tidal river. Perfect for all kinds of water sports: wake boarding, water skiing, canoeing, kayaking, etc… Fishing is also very popular, as this is arguably the best fishing estuary in South Africa.
Only 25km away from the Breede river Estuary, the Indian Ocean and De Hoop Nature reserve, its unique location makes it part of the Lower Breede River Nature Conservancy, known for its rich biodiversity.
This un-spoilt piece of paradise is home to an abundance of bird species and wildlife.Part of the Cape Floral Kingdom with hundreds of varieties of Fynbos, you can enjoy various nature activities (different following the seasons) like hiking, cycling, bird watching, etc…
Breede River Queen offers the perfect location for discovering the Overberg, and some of the Cape's best kept secrets, all easily accessible after a short drive:
- De Hoop Nature Reserve (largest South African natural areas and World Heritage Site, with one of the largest marine protected areas in Africa),
- the coastal villages: Infanta and Witsand, situated at the Breede river mouth, where the river meets the Indian Ocean.
- Bontebok National park,
- Malgas pont famous for being the last hand-operated pontoon in South Africa
River Queen charges in 2017 for 12 people:
- R4000 per night on week days
- R4500 per night on saturdays and sundays.
- R3500 per night the 3rd night (not public holidays, December/January)
- R4500 to R6000: on Easter holidays, public holidays and December/January holidays.
- R250/pers extra over 12 people. Maximum 16 people.
The house is rented in its entirety on a self-catering basis.
It accommodates groups up to 12-16 people. Larger groups can be accommodated by arrangement.
We also cater for smaller or larger groups in different cottages situated in the same village: the Breede Riverine.
Minimum stay: 2 nights.
Rented on self catering basis.
Includes bedding for 5 bedrooms, firewood and all the River Queen facilities (which are LOTS!).