Waterfront Cottage on Candy Point: Family-Friendly and Dog-Friendly!(20 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedroom, 1 Bath Waterfront Cottage
you'll feel like you are back at summer camp in this peaceful cottage with beautiful original pine walls and tall ceilings. Its cozy porch faces directly onto Rogers Creek, with views of the Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay.
We call this cottage "The Little House" because it is the smaller guest house on the property-- the "Big House" is nearby across the yard. Just down the hill is our sandy beach.
Both the kitchen and bathroom were updated in 2014. The cottage has central air conditioning and heat plus ceiling fans in every room.
Lie in the hammock to watch both spectacular sunsets and sunrises. Great star gazing.
For your use find beach chairs, beach umbrella, noodles, inner tubes, coolers, fishing gear, sand toys, bikes, a fire-pit, and a paddle board in the garage.
Sleeps 4 in two bedrooms, one with queen bed and one with twin beds. The bathroom has a shower, no bathtub.
Kitchen has electric stove, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and refrigerator with freezer. Wireless internet service, no TV. Painted floors, hooked rugs, quilts, and lots of charm throughout.
Member since: 2015
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The Queen bedroom has a view up the Potomac River with a comfortable bed with a white headboard made from an old shutter. All the furniture is painted blue. There is a ceiling fan, a white noise machine, a clock, 2 bedside tables with lamps, and a green rug on the floor. Colors are pastels-blue, green and yellow. There is a dresser for folded storage and hooks on the back of the door for hanging storage. You can lie in the bed and look at the Potomac River which is 10 miles wide there. There are black out shades for taking naps or sleeping late. The twin bedroom has extra long twin beds, a hooked rug, quilts, a small washstand dresser, a bookshelf stocked with children's books, and an amazing handpainted armoire for hanging and folding storage. Extra blankets in here for actual use or to use for building forts! Ceiling fan.. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- House cleaning is included in the fee. When booking CLICK ON BEFORE 1 PM OR AFTER 12 PM ONLY IF YOU WANT TO PAY FOR AN EARLY CHECK IN OR LATE DEPARTURE!! Several vineyards nearby with tasting rooms, the Dog and Oyster Vineyard, (Irvington) and Athena on Rt. 218 are two of them. Map of vineyards in cottage. Stratford Hall, birthplace of Robert E. Lee is in Montross 45 minutes away. Irvington is half hr away, home to The Hope and Glory Inn, The Tide's Inn, and the Trick Dog restaurant which is highly recommended. Reedville, 15 minutes away, is a destination itself, steeped in the history of the menhaden fishing industry. Its Millionaire's Row of Victorian-era mansions in the Reedville Historic District and two of the Fishermen's Museum's watercraft are listed on the National Register of Historic Places....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided:
Large open space includes a bar area, 2 large sofa bunks, plenty of chairs for dining. Painted celadon green wooden floor. Oriental rug. 2 ceiling fans. Many windows to see the view. Black out shades...moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
White cabinets. Trash can, recycling can, trash bags & cleaning supplies under the sink. Lots of counter space including the eat-in breakfast bar with stools on the living room side. Chalk board. ...moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50
Renters must be at least 25 years old.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The cottage's zip code locates it in Heathsville, Va. but it is about 9 miles from Heathsville, on the Potomac River in Edwardsville, Va. It is a very rural, peaceful spot with big open water views (Potomac River is 10 miles wide here). Perfect spot for fishing, sunbathing, kayaking, boating, biking, and sightseeing in nearby small towns.
Year Purchased: 1981
About the owner: We are native Virginians and live in Alexandria, VA. The property includes 2 cottages, a garage, 1/3 acre, and a dock. It's our family's favorite place and we've been restoring and upgrading it for the last 35 years. I love painting furniture and floors and anyone can see I have been very busy with my projects!
Why the Owner Chose Heathsville, VA, USA:
Definitely its proximity to the water. Candy Point is practically surrounded by water... you can hear the waves at night. Visitors feel like they are on a boat because the house is up on a hill and you see water everywhere you look!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
In the spring you can watch ospreys ( just back from their winter journey to Argentina) building their nests. Bald eagles soar above the creek. We have bluebirds and hummingbirds too. It is a very quiet setting --at night you hear the waves and the frogs across the creek at Froggy Bottom. Plus the star gazing is amazing!
Links to more information:
One of the amazing sunsets --our view up the Potomac River
View of the Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay
view down the creek
Bar set up on handpainted vintage table
Kitchen counter with bar stools; entrance door from porch
View from twin bedroom to queen bedroom
Twin bedroom with extra long twin beds. Children LOVE this room!
paddle boarding and kayaking in the creek
Back of the LITTLE HOUSE with sign
Exterior of Little House Screened porch facing water
Dock and view up the Potomac River
dining table looking out to porch and Roger's Creek
View of water from queen bedroom
Bathroom towel shelf
View from queen room into the hall
Armoire in twin bedroom
View from the road, note 1058 on telephone pole, LITTLE House first house
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.