Welcome to North Captiva Island, a private, bridge-less island accessible only by boat. North Captiva was separated from Captiva Island by a hurricane in 1921 which created Red Fish Pass. The lack of a bridge made development of North Captiva difficult and has resulted in an "Island Paradise", with a feel similar to Florida in the 1940's. North Captiva is noted for uncrowded, un-restored beaches with excellent shelling. The south two-thirds of the Island is a state wildlife area, while the north one-third is lightly developed with homes. "Island Time" is observed once you step off the boat onto the island!
Please do not miss Gulf Dreams's drone video. You can access it in our pictures. Many of our pictures are reproductions of comments and drawings Gulf Dreams's guests have left in our Guest Book.
IMAGINE... a beach vacation at a house that’s like your very own luxury beach resort called Gulf Dreams on-the-beach. The deed to this luxury beach house states that the property’s west boundary is the Gulf of Mexico. The house has 75 feet of private, white sand Gulf beach for your pleasure, easily accessed by the only private, elevated walkway on the island.
IMAGINE... keeping your own or rental boat at Gulf Dreams on-the-beach’s private 85-foot dock (lot is fenced with private locked entrance) on a private canal located 1,000-feet east of Gulf Dreams’s beach house. This dock can also be used for fishing.
You will be greeted upon your arrival on North Captiva by Gulf Dreams's managers. These managers are full-time residents of the island, will transport you and your luggage and groceries to Gulf Dreams (unless you requested the kitchen be pre-stocked), will familiarize you with Gulf Dreams amenities, as well as the island, and will be a phone call away during your stay to meet your needs.
IMAGINE... a secluded luxury beach house four stories tall accessed by a long, lavishly-landscaped driveway providing privacy from golf cart traffic and neighboring houses.
IMAGINE.. a bright and airy 4-story beach house with vaulted ceiling heights of 10 to 14 feet throughout, 2 large screened-in lanais with expansive views of the pool and Gulf of Mexico (one where you can eat all your meals outdoors, the other where you can play ping-pong and board games).
IMAGINE... a large, 4th-floor master suite, with spectacular 360-degree views of the Gulf and bay sides of the island, a gourmet, fully-equipped kitchen with granite counters and high-end appliances, travertine and granite bathrooms.
IMAGINE... having one of the only privately-owned heated swimming pools and pool-side gazebos on the island located on a beach dune, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and a remote controlled waterfall.
IMAGINE... the only private white-decked raised walkway that provides access to Gulf Dreams's private beach while assuring complete privacy for the pool and Gulf Dreams.
IMAGINE... your own beach picnic table, 12 beach chairs and 6 umbrellas. Six kayaks (4 single and 2 tandem) make going to the "island" (an exposed sandbar) 1/3 mile offshore a great family shelling adventure. Six fat tire bicycles (4.5"tires) allow you to explore the wildlife preserve on the south 2/3 of North Captiva, and makes it easy riding on North Captiva's sand roads. Two golf carts are provided. A private volleyball court will be set up for guests, upon request, for entertainment on Gulf Dreams's beach.
Let’s get into the details of the pleasures that await you:
• lounge chairs around pool beneath the umbrella of a mature, fragrant frangipani (plumeria) tree.
• 34 ft.x 14 ft. heated swimming pool with remote controlled waterfall & salt cell purification system
• covered, lighted gazebo with table and chairs
• covered, brick-paved porch with stereo, table and chairs
• brick-paved pool deck
• outdoor shower
• landscape lighting surrounding pool for evening ambiance
• private, raised, lighted walkway with white decking surface leading to beach and beach picnic table, and volleyball court.
The newly renovated poolside bedroom is airy and light, has a king bed, and a new, spacious luxury travertine and granite bathroom. It has a drink-sized refrigerator convenient for keeping cold drinks near the pool deck and a large ice maker to supplement the ice maker on the third floor.
• paving stone driveway
• 2 golf carts for exploring the developed portion of the island and taking the short drive to Gulf Dreams’s private dock.
• pond with waterfall framed by cascading bougainvillea and palm trees
• 2 spacious bedrooms with queen beds, both with large, new luxury granite and travertine twin-sink bathroom, glass-enclosed walk-in shower, and spacious walk-in closet
•a 410-square-foot bedroom with a king bed and two twin beds. (Twin beds can be converted to a king bed). It has a new luxury bathroom with granite and travertine walk-in shower, two closets, a TV center with a library of books and DVD's and games.
• 34 ft.x 12 ft. porch (screened, with electronically-controlled hurricane shutters), ping-pong table, games table and chairs
• full laundry room with sink and Maytag washer & dryer
• all-new gourmet kitchen: granite counters and full back splashes, filtered water faucet, instant hot water faucet, 2 stainless steel sinks, each with garbage disposal, 2 French-door refrigerators with freezers, bar-sized beverage refrigerator, Electrolux 5-burner induction stove with remote exhaust fan, drawer microwave, double wall ovens, food processor, coffee maker, coffee bean grinder and other small appliances, flat screen kitchen TV, kitchen bar with 4 hand-carved Mexican bar stools
• high-end beach decor and furnishings: 2 leather sofas, leather chair and ottoman, glass and drift wood dining table to seat 6, hand-carved Mexican chairs and mirror, hand-painted Mexican tables, designer wool rugs, 55” flat screen TV with Bose sound system, Blu Ray, Netflix and Pandora
• spectacular granite wet bar with copper sink and ice maker
• marble-tiled powder room
• 40 ft. x 12 ft. dining and lounging porch (screened, with electronically-controlled hurricane shutters), wicker furniture lounging areas, 2 dining tables that both seat 6 with 6 dining chairs.
• 1,200-square-foot master suite with 2 decks
• new luxury granite and travertine bathroom with twin sinks and spacious walk-in double shower
• 2 large walk-in closets
• deck with lounge chairs and sweeping views of the Gulf of Mexico
• small deck facing east with views of the bay.
Gulf Dreams on-the beach has been completely renovated, inside and out, beginning in June 2011 and completed in June of 2014. A recent renovation added a bathroom on second floor and a totally renovated first floor poolside bedroom and bath. Guests will find it to be extremely well-equipped and furnished with high-end finishes and fixtures. The comfort of the house, coupled with the best location on the island, and the convenience of having a private dock, set the scene for a memorable vacation.
The following is a list of what's included at Gulf Dreams to aid you in planning your vacation and to assure you Gulf Dreams is well equipped.
LINENS: sheets, towels, beach towels, dish towels
PAPER PRODUCTS: toilet paper, facial tissue, paper towels, paper napkins, foil, plastic wrap, tall garbage bags
SOAPS: luxury soaps and shampoos in all bathrooms, dishwasher detergent, liquid dish soap, laundry detergent
SMALL APPLIANCES: 2 waffle irons, 2 electric griddles, 2 slow cookers, 2 multi-slice toaster, food processor, 2 blenders, two 12-cup drip-style coffee makers, electric coffee grinder.
COOKING EQUIPMENT: high end cookware, knives, and utensils, propane grill (propane supplied), charcoal grill
DISHES: more than 12 place settings of dishes and glassware and stainless steel flatware
BABY EQUIPMENT: 2 hardwood mini cribs, 1 pack 'N Play, 2 highchairs, 2 expandable baby gates, 1 booster chair, 1 inflatable youth bed
BEACH AMENITIES: 12 beach chairs, 6 large beach umbrellas, large selection of children's beach toys, wave boards, professional beach volleyball set, drink cooler
RECREATION: 6 kayaks (4 single, 2 tandem) and paddles, life jackets in assorted sizes, 6 fat-tire bicycles (4 1/2" tires), ping pong table and paddles and balls, a library of books, DVD & VHS movies, card and board games, puzzles
REFRIGERATION: 2 full-size refrigerators with freezers, 2 beverage refrigerators, 2 free standing ice makers.
2 GOLF CARTS
IMAGINE NO MORE: NOW IS THE TIME TO BOOK YOUR VACATION AT GULF DREAMS ON-THE-BEACH AND ENJOY "ISLAND TIME".