This completely remodeled and tastefully furnished, 2,000 square foot, oceanfront, 10th floor condo has everything you need for a home-away-from home experience...PLUS MORE! Few homes are ocean-front property with absolutely breath-taking views (24/7) of the ocean AND the inter-coastal waterway.
There are very few condos in this area which offer breathtaking views of sunrises over the ocean AND spectacular sunsets over the Inter-coastal in the evening. This condo offers both (which is one of the reasons we bought it as our winter escape). Rarely will you find so much beauty, all day long! With the feel of walking into a new home, this condo has the added benefit of being on the quiet, "no-drive" beach.
The living room and master bedroom provide a 180 degree, breathtaking view of the beach, ocean and Sunglow Pier, as well as a spectacular view of the Intracoastal waterway and the ocean from the dining room and bedroom windows. Someone asked us our favorite place to go to "hang out and have cocktails." We had to answer "Pool-side while we grill our dinner...or on our back balcony, watching the sunset over the Halifax River!" Did you know that the sunset reflects a pink sky over the ocean as you face east? You rarely experience as much beauty as you will here...which is WHY we bought our "Home away from home!"...and why we LOVE to share it with like-minded guests!
We completely remodeled 1001 (which we have affectionately named "Cloud 10!") in 2016. If you have questions, please feel free to get in touch with the owners, Cheryl and John.
Walk out the front door of the building & play in the pool, walk the beach, lounge on the balcony patio while watching dolphins, surfers and the glistening waves...as well as pelican fly-bys!
Free WiFi, Smart TVs in every room, all the linen, dishes, toys, cookware, spices...and MORE...that you need are provided because this is our "home-away-from home." All we ask is that you enjoy your stay and treat the condo with the same TLC that we do!
The condo is a corner unit (the reason for its spectacular views), in an eleven story, secured, 75 unit building. It has private, secured and designated parking for one car. Additional outside parking spaces are available.
This unit rents Saturday to Saturday only except during September through January, and special events/weekends. For the comfort of all of our guests, PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED and this is a NON-SMOKING unit.
We also have a two-bedroom condo in this same building which also has been recently entirely remodeled. DO check out the reviews for that site [VRBO page 1045440] to get an even better feel for how we work with our renters/guests. We stay in both condos, depending on our family numbers...and we furnish them as if they are our home...because they ARE our retirement homes - our home-away-from home. We try to make every renter feel like they are our guests...because they are!
ALL NEW appliances: Super-sized washer and dryer; Kitchen built-ins include glass top range with convection oven; microwave; Hooded vent over cook-top; Refrigerator with filtered water and ice dispenser in door.
Kitchen: Thoroughly equipped with drip, French Press and Keurig coffee makers. All the utensils and cookware needed, including two blenders (one for take-and-go smoothies), hand-held mixer, new crock pot, and toaster. Two spacious kitchen granite-topped islands for casual dining, food preparation, playing games, etc., with seven at-counter chairs/stools plus two fold-ups, in closet.
Bathrooms: All new cabinets; Quartz countertops; Newly tiled shower surrounds and specially treated glass shower walls to prevent water-spotting; Over-sized soaking tub in master bath; Dual-head shower fixtures.
Bedrooms: Comfortable, new mattresses and pillows; Smart TVs (with cable and access to Netflix and HBO Go) in two bedrooms; and flat screen TV with cable in third bedroom. See more details on number of beds, etc., below.
Living room: 48 inch Smart TV (with cable and access to Netflix and HBO Go) and DVD player; New couch has two built in recliners; one additional recliner chair.
- Pool and beach toys, including boogie boards
- Beach towels, chairs & umbrella
- Board games & books for all ages
- Four Smart, flat screen TVs
- Cable TV with access to Netflix and HBO Go (on smart TVs)
- Landline phone providing free calls within the U.S. and Canada
The Shores Club on-site amenities & features:
- Oceanfront heated swimming pool
- Large pool deck and patio/lounging area
- Two (2) pool-side BBQ gas grills and picnic tables for ocean side dining
- Full tennis, basketball and shuffleboard courts
- Fitness center overlooking pool and ocean
- Indoor sauna
- Secured building: accessed with keyless entry
- Secure, keyless access to condo with individualized code
- Daily maintenance crew to ensure building cleanliness and efficient operations
- On-site property manager (except Sunday and Monday)
- Safe neighborhood
- Friendly occupants and renters give the Shores Club a special quality, unlike most rental places.
Housekeeping during week is renters' responsibility. Housekeeping fee for cleaning service after checkout is included in rental fees quoted.
Day trips: Disney World, Universal Studios Theme Park and Sea World are only a little more than an hour’s drive.
Within a 45 minute drive:
Blue Springs State Park and its springs: a must see.
- Refuge for roughly 300 – 400 manatees;
- Park recreational activities: canoe, SCUBA dive, kayak, fish, camp, hike, swim
Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge:
- Wildlife viewing includes alligators, turtles, crocodiles, many birds, trees and plants
NASA Kennedy Space Center
Historic St. Augustine: Oldest continuously occupied European established community in the U.S.
Closer to home:
Ponce de Leon Lighthouse and Lighthouse Point Park (5 miles south):
- Historical 1880’s lighthouse with wonderful inlet views
- “The 175 foot brick & granite structure is the 2nd tallest lighthouse in the U.S. …
- … It’s a grinding ascent, but the view … is spectacular." -- Frommer's
Lighthouse Point Park
- Two miles of stunning beaches and shoreline
- 52 acres of park land
- Fishing, nature trails, an observation deck and tower, swimming and pavilions
- Bike the shoreline for a picnic outing
Daytona Boardwalk and Pier (located seven miles north)
- Boardwalk, sandy beaches, amusement park, band shell and restaurants
Daytona International Speedway (10 miles northwest)
- Tour and admire the nation’s most renowned racetrack with its 58 year history
- Third-largest single lit outdoor sports facility in the U.S.
- Visit during one of their events – with the most renowned being the Daytona 500
Sunglow Pier (a very short distance from the condo)
- Stop for refreshment or snacks at Crabby Joe's
- Fish - rent a pole, purchase some bait, cast your line off the pier, see what bites.
- Ponce Preserve (2 miles south): Marshes, bird watching, picnic and play areas
- Kayak, Walk the boardwalks while exploring Ponce Preserve
The Marine Science Center (5 miles south):
- Refuge for injured turtles, birds and other species
- Enjoyed by all ages
- Well worth the minimal fee to visit…and for a good cause.
Deep Sea Fishing: Call Sea Spirit, Ponce Inlet
Daytona Lagoon ( 7 miles) Water park with go-kart racing, miniature golf, laser tag
Jackie Robinson Ballpark (6 miles)
Sugar Hill Botanical Gardens (4 miles) Historical Sugar mill plus gardens & dinosaurs!
Daytona Beach has been ranked in the top 15 places to golf in the nation by Golf Digest. LPGA International/Legends Golf Course, a premier Daytona Beach golf club, boasts two four-star courses as rated by Golf Digest.
Check area courses on-line for discounted fees during the slower season.
This condominium and its venue truly offer - not just something, but - A LOT of things for everyone!
Keywords: condominium, condo, oceanfront, beach, weekly rental, heated swimming pool, tennis, fitness center, shuffleboard, basketball, garage parking, Daytona 500, Bike Week, golf, nature, parks, lighthouse, smoke free, ocean view, 3 bedroom, washer & dryer, Daytona Beach Shores, Wi-Fi, Internet, cable SMART TV, vacation rental, fishing from shore, barbeque grills, on staff property management, secure building, quiet safe neighborhood, newly remodeled