Recently renovated 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom ranch home within steps of Big Bass Lak
About Alexandra Durant
Originally from NJ, I moved into the Big Bass Lake Community in 2002. I live here full-time and take great pride in our award-winning community and what it has to offer its residents and guests. Do like me: come out and meet like-minded people, sample our amenities or just stay put, cocooned in comfort at the house. You'll see plenty of wildlife, including our local Bald Eagles. A full description of things-to-do and places-to-go (with maps) is at the house for you to peruse. And I'm only a phone call away should you need any assistance.
Alexandra Durant purchased this Cabin in 2016
Why Alexandra Durant chose Gouldsboro
Enjoy the safety and security this gated community provides. Our family-friendly and nature-loving values add to quality of life and a peaceful atmosphere. Boisterous fun and serene walks both have a place, keeping in mind respect for our neighbors and wildlife. I'd like to give you a taste of that life-style in the quieter part of the Pocono Mountains.
What makes this Cabin unique
> Within walking distance to Big Bass Lake and Beach > Pickleball, tennis, basketball, swimming, canoeing and kayaking are just some of the summer sports; swimming, game nights, movie nights, table tennis, and shuffleboard help pass the time in winter. > Movie theaters, restaurants, skiing, water park available off-facility year-round. > Be on the watch for wildlife: Monarch butterflies, deer, bears, raccoons, foxes, coyotes.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
House was nice! Hostess was great.
I thought the house was nice and also clean. The hostess met us at the house to let us in and gave us the grand tour. My only criticism is the bed in the master was very hard. Not the hostesses fault. Some people like a hard mattress but this side sleeper has a very hard time sleeping. Our kids said the other beds were very comfy. I would stay here again and would recommend it.
The property was great! So close to beach/ Lake.
We had a great time! Thank you Alex for being a great hostess of your home!
We will be back!
The house was perfect for the amount of people we had staying.
Alex was very responsive and attentive to our stay. The location of the house is very convenient. Close to the lake and the beach as well as to the main entrance. The house and the property was clean. Perfect for 6 people or less, especially having a second bathroom. The community itself offers different activities too and is very close to the Gouldsboro state park.
Thank you Alex!
Warm comfortable cottage with new everything
We were hesitant to visit this property with only 1 review expressing negative concerns, but we are so glad we did. This was a last minute Labor Day weekend visit of our family of 3.
We arrived on Friday evening and Alex met us at the house to welcome us and walk us through the house. We were a bit tired and didn't really observe some of the features. Saturday morning we actually looked for any deficiencies or concerns, but couldnt find any!
We spent Saturday, Sunday, & Monday fishing, walking, swimming, playing games at the club house, catching Pokémon with our 8 Yr old son.
We did have a small issue with the WiFi password and Alex came over right away, called her IT dept and stayed for an hour while the fixed it. She is a caring property owner and that is evident by the condition of this house. The roof is new, furnishings are new, the master bath and laundry are new! So many things have been renovated!
This property is what he hoped for and expected, don't have any hesitation renting from Alex, Thank You for working with us on short notice!
Old and Dark House with a SNEAKY Owner
Be aware of the owner , who is sneaky and will try to scam you for more money to compensate for a renovations in need since the house is old. The house is dark inside with the smell of mold , one bedroom does not even have a window!!!
I would like to clarify some points raised by the reviewer:
1.She was not the party who stayed in the house; she rented it for her out-of-town friends (1 adult, 5 children; request was for 2 adults, 4 children). She inspected the house twice prior to guest check-in & did not raise any concern & in fact complimented me on the niceness of the house.
2.The house has just been totally renovated & is new in the following ways: roof, electrical system, spray foam insulation, drywall, flooring/carpeting, painting, fans, blinds, slider door, second entry, some replacement windows, maple cabinets, granite counter tops, main bath vanity/sink, master bath addition, water filtration system, Humidex humidity control & ventilation system. There is no mold or mildew; work was recently completed (8/1/16).
3. Any house will be dark if the blinds, placed for privacy/heat control, are improperly adjusted. The walls are white in the common areas.
4. The bunk room does not have a window: It has a windowed door (safety second egress) with a storm door having a retractable screen to allow fresh air in. The reviewer was shown this & how it operated when she insisted on an early check-in.
5. Despite evidence to the contrary, the reviewer stated that no add'l people stayed in the house. The extra guest clause in the Rental Agmt allows a charge of $200/night/person. Could not confirm how many more guests stayed, so a charge for only 1 more person was imposed ($1400).
6. Upon inspecting the property at the end of the rental, the following was found: Missing: 3 bath towels, 1 flat sheet, soap, detergent, paper products (all courtesy supplies were not replaced, as listed on VRBO); Damage: Burns on vanity counter top & sink, stained beyond repair – 2 towels & bathmat, dirt smears on ceiling, scratched walls, cracked ceramic affixed soap dish, torn table cloth, torn & dislocated screen door, torn decorative pillow; Other: Excessive cleaning & garbage removal required.
7. As a result of items 5 & 6, the damage dep. was withheld. The reviewer was provided an email listing concerns & charges along with two sets of photos of discrepancies found.
8. Out of courtesy b/c she was a home-owner here, I agreed to a rental discount. Even though we have a disagreement, I returned the discounted amount.
9. Reviewer has ignored 3 invitations for further talks to bring this to a fair conclusion. Instead, she posted the review. My invitation for a resolution discussion remains open.
The Kalihari Waterpark/Resort and Mt. Airy Lodge/Casino are within a 10-minute ride south on Rt. 380. Mohegan Sun gaming and shopping complex is in Wilkes-Barre, approx. 30 minutes away.
All fishing and hunting in PA require appropriate licensing. Fishing licenses are available in town (3 min. ride).