Please contact us by phone so we can send you more photos of the rental property before you book (VRBO only allows us to post a few photos but we have MANY more).
1 613 888 3300 - text message or phone call :)
Please note we do not allow any pets.
The property includes the following:
Temperature controlled wine cooler
Fully stocked kitchen (coffee maker, blender, toaster and MUCH more!)
Washer & dryer
Outdoor fire pit (one at the house & one at the water)
Games area with pool table, Foosball, air hockey, shuffle board and various board games
Satellite TV and WIFI
Multiple eating areas - indoors & outdoors
Jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom
Electric fireplace in the 2nd floor bedroom
Canoe, kayak and paddle boat (spring-fall)
Bean bag toss and horseshoes games for outside
BBQ at the house & BBQ at the waterfront
Includes all blankets, pillows, sheets, and towels (shower and swimming towels).
Please note the kitchen is fully stocked with everything you will need for your stay (NO FOOD).
The sleeping arrangements are as follows:
1. One king size bed - main floor bedroom
2. Double bunk beds (twin mattresses) - main floor bedroom
3. Queen bed - second floor bedroom
4. Double pull out couch - second floor (open loft area - see photos for more details)
*We have a double air mattress as well that can be used if needed.
The waterfront is an approx 3-5min walk from the house (walk down to the end of the driveway and turn right. Walk along North Shore Road (approx 2 minutes) and take the first left hand turn onto the path down to the waterfront area.
You will walk down the hill to our PRIVATE waterfront area (see our listing pictures for more information about the waterfront area). On your way down the hill you will pass the entrance road to our neighbours waterfront property.
The road down to the water is gravel/stone and is more than wide enough to walk. It is a hill down/hill up to the waterfront so running shoes/walking shoes are suggested.
We also have an all terrain wagon at the cottage you are welcome to use to carry anything you might need to take down to the waterfront area from the house.
*Please note for safety/liability reasons we DO NOT permit any type of motorized vehicle/car to be driven down the hill/up the hill to the waterfront area at anytime.
If you have any questions about accessing the waterfront area please contact us :)
The rental includes the entire 2,600 sq feet house and attached garage. land, waterfront docks and sitting areas. The property is on an island and only accessible by ferry. The ferry runs 24/7, you can drive your vehicle onto the ferry and the ferry ride is approximately 5minutes in length.
Interaction with Guests
Either my husband or myself will be at the property to greet you upon your arrival. We will answer any questions you may have, walk down to the waterfront area with you and then leave you to enjoy your stay :)
Our primary residence is just outside of Kingston, Ontario. We are available by phone during your rental and can be on site within 1.5 hours if needed.
The house is located on Howe Island in the 1000 islands. The house is located in the high end area on North Shore Road.
Please note there are NO stores of any type on the island.
Howe Island is a 31 km island located in the St. Lawrence River in Frontenac County, Ontario, Canada. Howe Island is part of the Thousand Islands chain. It is located south of and about midway between Kingston and Gananoque.
Howe Island together with Wolfe Island and Simcoe Island are some of the oldest rural municipalities in Ontario. These three islands form the Township of Frontenac Islands.
Howe Island measures 13 km (8 mi) long and 5 km (3 mi) wide. Located in the St. Lawrence River just east of Kingston, the island forms river's Bateau Channel on the north, with the main current of the river passing to the south. Today, the island has a mixture of agricultural and rural lifestyles with a growing proportion of residents commuting to Kingston or elsewhere.
The population of Howe Island currently numbers approximately 500 full-time residents. The island's population doubles in the summer months when recreational properties are occupied. Two ferry services connect the island with mainland. A bigger 15-car ferry operates 24/7/365 on the north-west side of the island. A smaller 3-car ferry operates 18/7/365 from the most eastern tip of the island. Either ferry service runs on demand and takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes to board and cross the water.
There is no public transportation on the island so you will need a vehicle. There are 2 ferries that run 24/7 with the except of the following:
12-12:30am & pm
2:30-2:45 am & pm
4:30-4:45 am & pm
The ferry costs $6 CASH ONLY round trip.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the house, bunkie cabin or within 50’ of outdoor furniture, paddle boat, kayak or canoe. Cigarette butts must be disposed of in garbage in renters vehicle – not to be put in garage, house, bunkie garbage cans, or left on the ground.
2. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to in the confirmed booking.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m. Parties are not permitted.
4. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. All furniture must be returned to original location as when you arrived.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Be respectful of the house, property and neighbors.
8. Clean up after yourself and leave the property (inside and outside) the same as when you checked in. Failure to do so will result in the loss of damage deposit in the amount it costs to replace, repair or clean.
9. Take everything with you home that you brought (with the exception of garbage and recycling which must be emptied into the larger garbage can in the garage). We don't want leftover food/items after your checkout.
10. Outdoor small fires are permitted only in designated areas where there is a fire pit.
11. Life jackets MUST be worn at all times (adults and children) when using the canoe, kayak or paddle boat. We supply adult Life jackets but you must bring your own child/youth Life jackets to ensure a proper/safe fit.
12. No motorized vehicles to be driven down to the waterfront. Walking only!
13. Excessive complaints from neighbors in regards to guest’s behavior will result in guests being asked to leave and no refund will be issued.
14. No 4wheelers, dirt bikes, RTV’s, golf carts or any other electric or gas vehicles to be used on the property/driven down to the waterfront area.