*Discounted rates for unbooked days through end of Summer*
Beautiful private LAKEFRONT Chalet on 2.8 acres on Watauga Lake. Gorgeous lake access and views of lake and mountains from every part of the house. Step out onto the porch with morning coffee or an afternoon cocktail to relax in privacy with breathtaking views. Cozy home with jetted tub and fully stocked kitchen. Walk down the steps to your secluded cove (with only one neighbor) to jump in the 3rd cleanest lake in the country! Your private cove is separated from the main lake by a private peninsula and other houses are miles away. Paddle one of the chalet’s kayaks from your private dock to fish, view the bald eagles nest or simply explore the 105 miles of national forest that border the lake.
- Watch your kids and friends swim from the porch.
-Grill out on the commercial grade gas grill listening to your tunes on the Bluetooth sound bar, while you forget your cares and make new memories!
-- Gather around the bonfire sharing stories of a day on the lake and looking at the extensive views of the water and national forest.
- Fish from the dock, or take a kayak or your boat down the nearby Elk River. Skiers and wake boarders can easily ski from the cove on some of the least trafficked parts of the lake (not that ANY part of the lake is crowded!)
Boat & paddleboard rentals are available at the local marinas, or you can use our BOAT LAUNCH RAMP to launch your own boat- tie it up to the dock, or pontoons can beach right across from the Chalet.
The house is easily accessible and easy to get to from 321! The driveway is private and level (optional locking gate), no four-wheel drive is necessary.
• PRIVATE Dock (not community)
• Bring your own Boat: Boat launch within walking distance!
• 2 Kayaks and 1 17ft Canoe
• VERY PRIVATE: you have over 200 feet of private lakefront with only one other neighbor in sight that shares the private cove.
2 Bedroom/2 Bath:
• Bedroom 1 (upstairs): 1 Queen bed, private full bath with large Jacuzzi jetted tub
• Bedroom 2: 1 Double with full bath (double luxurious shower heads) and ample space
• 2 Bathrooms, one with a double shower head, the other with a jetted whirlpool tub for two!
Living room as a futon/double bed that sleeps 2 adults. All bedding is new, the queen is a premium pillow top mattress, the double has a new memory foam topper.
• Pet friendly, $50 per pet
Other House features:
• Unlimited wireless internet.
• Roku TV with included Chalet Netflix Account. You are welcome to add other channels, however, HD streaming is not reliable.
• Classic Movie DVD library.
• Bluetooth SoundBar for the TV or your own music library.
WHY VISIT WATAUGA LAKE?
Watauga Lake is one of the most beautiful and clean recreational lakes (3rd cleanest in the country) on the eastern seaboard. It’s located in the Cherokee National forest with 105 miles of shoreline. More than half of the lake is bordered by undeveloped national forest. Watauga lake is great for boating, jet-skiing, tubing, skiing/wakeboarding, fishing, swimming, kayaking etc.
You can easily take day trips to whitewater rafting, a local winery, hike the Appalachian trail or Roan Mountain (known for gorgeous views, rhododendron forests, and cross country skiing) or find a secluded waterfall (we’ve got maps at the chalet). Drive to the thriving college town of Boone, NC 45 minutes away (check the concert schedule!), or visit the popular Banner Elk and Blowing Rock, NC.
The summers are sunny and warm during the day with no mosquitoes (incredible, but true!), and the evenings cool off in the 60’s – making the nights extremely pleasant. Autumn brings beautiful fall colors with even better views. In the winter time, skiing is a popular option at nearby Beech Mountain. Lake Hideaway Chalet is truly a wonderland of recreational activity!