Secluded Lakefront Chalet: 2.8acres, Dock, Kayaks, Pet Friendly, Wifi(20 Reviews)
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:Chalet
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 bedroom/2 bath lakefront chalet on a secluded private cove. Kayaks included.
- Watch your kids and friends swim from the porch.
-Grill out on the commercial grade gas grill listening to your tunes on the Bluetooth sound bar, while you forget your cares and make new memories!
-- Gather around the bonfire sharing stories of a day on the lake and looking at the extensive views of the water and national forest.
- Fish from the dock, or take a kayak or your boat down the nearby Elk River. Skiers and wake boarders can easily ski from the cove on some of the least trafficked parts of the lake (not that ANY part of the lake is crowded!)
The house is easily accessible and easy to get to from 321! The driveway is private and level (optional locking gate), no four-wheel drive is necessary.
• PRIVATE Dock (not community)
• Bring your own Boat: Boat launch within walking distance!
• 2 Kayaks
• -VERY PRIVATE: you have over 200 feet of private lakefront with only one other neighbor in sight that shares the private cove.
2 Bedroom/2 Bath:
• Bedroom 1 (upstairs): 1 Queen bed, private full bath with large Jacuzzi jetted tub
• Bedroom 2: 1 Double with full bath (double luxurious shower heads) and ample space
• 2 Bathrooms, one with a double shower head, the other with a jetted whirlpool tub for two!
Living room as a futon/double bed that sleeps 2 adults. All bedding is new, the queen is a premium pillow top mattress, the double has a new memory foam topper.
• Pet friendly, $50 Pet Fee
Other House features:
• Satellite wireless internet (300MB per day included, option to purchase more data). Internet is reliable and works well for SD streaming.
• Roku TV with included Chalet Netflix Account. You are welcome to add other channels, however, HD streaming is not reliable.
• Classic Movie DVD library.
• Bluetooth SoundBar for the TV or your own music library.
WHY VISIT WATAUGA LAKE?
Watauga Lake is one of the most beautiful and clean recreational lakes (3rd cleanest in the country) on the eastern seaboard. It’s located in the Cherokee National forest with 105 miles of shoreline. More than half of the lake is bordered by undeveloped national forest. Watauga lake is great for boating, jet-skiing, tubing, skiing/wakeboarding, fishing, swimming, kayaking etc.
You can easily take day trips to whitewater rafting, a local winery, hike the Appalachian trail or Roan Mountain (known for gorgeous views, rhododendron forests, and cross country skiing) or find a secluded waterfall (we’ve got maps at the chalet). Drive to the thriving college town of Boone, NC 45 minutes away (check the concert schedule!), or visit the popular Banner Elk and Blowing Rock, NC.
The summers are sunny and warm during the day with no mosquitoes (incredible, but true!), and the evenings cool off in the 60’s – making the nights extremely pleasant. Autumn brings beautiful fall colors with even better views. In the winter time, skiing is a popular option at nearby Beech Mountain. Lake Hideaway Chalet is truly a wonderland of recreational activity!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Member since: 2016
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- All linens, blankets, and bath towels are supplied. Downstairs bedroom is smaller with a double bed, end table with lamp, large double hung window, full size closet, and dresser with mirror. Upstairs loft bedroom (with door) is accessed from a spiral staircase. Its larger with a queen size bed, end tables, lamps, full size double hung window, skylights, and open shelving for clothes storage. The full closet is in the bathroom upstairs. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
No cable or networks. Roku TV with Satellite Internet (SD only recommended) streaming. We have no troubles with Netflix in SD, however other channels (HD) may present issues due to internet speed....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 3 - Mar 31, 2017
1 night min stay
May 21 - Sep 5, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50
- Cleaning $85
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 14%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2016
About the owner: Karen Lally: As an Asheville, North Carolina native, I love all things outdoors, great food, and craft beer. I am an avid cyclist turned crossfitter. We have 3 dogs and two cats, and love to get the dogs into the woods as much as possible. We always gravitate to home rentals for our vacations extensively throughout the US and Europe, as we love the personal touch and non-touristy feel. Therefore, we know what makes a good vacation rental! I am an avid foodie, and appreciate a little luxury as the years go by! Kim Watson is co-owner of the Lake Hideaway Chalet. She is responsible for all details and finishing touches—if you find a special detail or something you love when you stay at our rental, she is responsible for making it happen. If I’m not available, she will most likely take care of your needs.
Why the Owner Chose Butler, TN, USA:
This property is our dream home! We have camped on Watauga lake for many years, boating by lakefront properties and dreaming big. We have worked hard to make that dream become a reality with this house, and are excited to share it with you! When we found this house we knew we had to own it: it's private, it's gorgeous, and it's right on the lake. Everything we wanted in a Lake house! Watauga is like no other-- warm during the days, cool evenings, no mosquitoes and relatively uninhabited. Boat traffic is minimal during all parts of the day, and the lake is huge!
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
Gorgeous Views, easy lake access, private and secluded with no noisy neighbors or shared lake access. The solitude is dreamy. The interior of the chalet has a lake house get-a-away cabin feel, with tons of wood, a big bright interior with lake views from everyroom, and skylights!
- Primary: +
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - See what's been happening at the lake!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Large deck with table for 4-6 and Sun Umbrella and Commercial Propane Grill
Afternoon sunlight - excellent views of the lake, sky, and stars.
Large dock, plenty of fun!
Two kayaks come with the house for exploring 150 miles of National Forest.
Main living area of lower level and loft
Dining area can seat up to 8 people
Downstairs bedroom with double bed and memory foam topper
Downstairs full bath with double shower heads.
Alcove off the master bedroom
Spiral staircase leads to the loft with master bedroom and bath
Lake fun in your private cove - no boat traffic to worry about!
Winter view from your deck- only one neighbor in sight.
Stairs down to the lake with the dock.
Tranquility of AM sun, paddle boarder in the distance left from the dock.
Kitchen has dishwasher, microwave, programmable coffeepot and crockpot.
Relax in the cozy TV area with a Roku TV, DVD Library and lots of board games.
Downstairs bedroom has closet and full size window.
Master bedroom with Queen Pillow top mattress
Master bath upstairs
View from the balcony all the way to the lake
This listing was first published here in 2016.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.