Lake front Cabin on Okanagan Lake at LaCasa Cottage Resort - Marina/Boat Launch
About Kevin/Christry Schaupmeyer
Our family has been enjoying La Casa and all the activities and beautiful weather of summer in the Okanagan for the past 15+ years. We live in Kelowna, and have decided to rent out our cabin instead of moving out there for the summer.
Kevin/Christry Schaupmeyer purchased this Cabin in 2003
Why Kevin/Christry Schaupmeyer chose Fintry
This cottage is a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of Kelowna in the summer, while still having access to it all. Perfect for a family, or group of friends looking to spend time in the sun and sand. We have enjoyed making so many fantastic memories here and hope others can experience all the wonderful things this place has to offer.
What makes this Cabin unique
- Immediate access to marina/beach - 4 car - level driveway - No boat slip, no problem. In and out of water in minutes. 200 m to boat launch - Driveway accommodates boat trailer/truck and car - Location is cul-de-sac design, easy access for parking/turning, outdoor activities - street hockey, Frisbee, etc.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:25
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Great family getaway!
Our stay was great! The cottage was clean and well-stocked with the essentials.
The location was good, considering we wanted to spend most of our time at the lake, not the pool. The view is amazing! Being right at the turn down to the marina/beach, there is a lot of traffic around there, but despite a few noisy ATVs, it was rather entertaining people-watching from the deck!
Things to consider:
- everything is on a steep slope, so don’t bother bringing your bikes (we tried using them only once!)
- if you can afford to rent a golf cart, do it; makes getting around much easier than your vehicle
- the boat launch is not great: very narrow, shared with foot traffic and long, and you have to bring your trailer back to the cottage (which thankfully this one had lots of space to keep there) or another lot, which looks crowded; if you bring a boat and can afford it, rent a boat slip.
- the beach and first 10 or so feet of the lake have sharp rocks, so consider bringing water shoes.
We really loved the cottage and would definitely recommend it!
Okanagon summer getaway
Overall we had a great week at the lake. The cottage is located close to the marina and swim areas,so we were able to walk to these easily each day. The private boat launch is great(no waiting or line ups). The cottage has all the amenities you require for a great time at the lake. Kevin was quick to answer the few questions that we had and is very knowledgable about the surrounding area. Cottage has the million dollar view of the lake from the deck, due to its location very little traffic passes by. Overall great holiday, we are contemplating returning next year around the same time.
Chris and family from small town Alberta.