|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
SEE VIDEO, JUST CLICK ON THE VIDEO TAB!
Top 5 Important Things To Know:
1. Convenient location, 8 mile drive to slopes,.
2. Ski Shuttle is 3 minutes walk.
3. 10% Discount on 7 nights or more. Inquire first.
4. Private hot tub.
5. We are avid skiers and the house is owner operated.
Get ready for the ulitmate ski vacation house. We purchased this house in 2006. My husband is a ski prima donna and cares about ski location, he loves Alta. I am a 'ski enthusiast' by marriage and care about comfort and convenience. We found this gem of a vacation house which has the best of both worlds and is close to all of our favorite ski resorts Alta, Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton.
Top Ten Reasons Why We (and others) love this place:
1. Location tops the list. We are approximately 7 miles away or 20 minutes away from all four major ski resorts. I need to mention the location is really strategic for some skiers because often times in the ski season, Alta and Snowbird will get enough snow that they occasionally are forced to close down the road for several hours due to Avalanche control. On these days, we make a right out of the community and ski Solitude or Brighton which is nearly the same distance, it's really cool. You are located conveniently between 4 of Utah's best ski resorts.
You are also close to restaurants, super-markets, coffee shops, therapeutic massage clinic, shopping, freeway and airport.
2. Don't want to drive the car to the ski resort? It's easy enough to take the Ski shuttle bus which is steps away from the house and cost only a few bucks. My husband's ski 'thing' is that he has to wake up at the crack of dawn to be one of the first on the mountain to make fresh tracks on the snow. Me? Forget about it, I need to have my toasted english muffin and coffee, then I'll get in the car, put some chapstick on and meet him at the resort at my leisurely pace. This is a win win situation and everyone is happy, hooray!! The shuttle takes about 20 mins to get up the mountain and drops you off right at the slopes. http://www.visitsaltlake.com/skicity/super-pass/?_ga=1.239917377.379488720.1475011452
3. Two Car Private Garage. Remote control access to your own private garage that fits two full size vehicles. It may not seem like a big deal, but when it's snowing and you have already spent several hours in the snow, it's nice to click that button, drive straight in, close the garage door, and walk straight into the dry warmth of the house. It's a bonus not having to trek through the snow and park in a communal garage or on the street.
4. At the end of a powder ski day the only thing that any skier cares about is slipping into a comfy warm bed. The bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom 1: One king - sleeps two (posture pedic mattress)
Bedroom 2: One Queen - sleeps two
Bedroom 3: Two Queens - sleeps four
Bedroom 4: Four Twins (trundle bed) - sleeps four
House is designed to comfortably sleep 8.
5. Enjoy a glass of wine in front a warm and toasty fire place.
6. Laundry room located inside the house on the 2nd floor. We recently purchased brand new large capacity washer and dryer machine.
The house is fully furnished with other fun amenities such as an Ipod Boom Box, Pool table, Ping Pong table, dart board, plenty of bathrooms for the bedrooms, tv's, cable-tv, wood burning fireplace, videos, etc...
7. Entertain or cook your own gourmet meals in a fully-equipped kitchen. Everything from wine glasses, champagne flutes, coffee mugs for hot cocoa, pots and pans, utensils, tea kettle, tumblers, coffee pot, microwave, slow cooker crock pot, dishes etc...
8. Lots of space and lots of comfort equals good vacation. Enjoy nearly 3000 square feet of vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors. Plenty of room for the children to run around, play, and make lots of noise, especially in the 4th bedroom / recreation area. This home has a lot personal charm and is fully furnished with everything that you will need.
9. Complimentary hi-speed internet through comcast cable. You can either connect wireless or connect through an Ethernet cable. Bring your laptops and get connected to the world. If you are like my husband and I, we still have to work our day jobs even on vacation. Most hotels charge $10 for every 24 hour period for internet access, so surf the web as often or as little as you want without worrying if you going to get charged $10 every 24 hour period.
10. Apres-Ski wouldn't be complete with out the ability to soak in a private jacuzzi with friends and family. This is a 5 person jetted hot tub and is located outside at the back of the house. Alternatively, you can take a quiet and relaxing bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub located in the masterbath.
The great thing about vacations is that you get to spend time with the people that matter most doing the things that you enjoy. The bummer about vacations is that they are always too short of a time span. Make your vacation arrangements in a fun, comfortable and convenient place. If our ski house sounds perfect for you and your family or friends, please email or give a call.
We would love to have you as our guest!
Keywords: ski rental, Townhome
I love traveling all over the world. I work in e-commerce and enjoy skiing at Alta and Snowbird with family and friends. Life is good here, especially when the snow is fluffy and powdery.
Au-Co Mai purchased this townhome in 2005
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! For the best powder conditions in the US, you have go to Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton. An easy 8 mile drive. Make a left from the neighborhood, another left up the mountain and VOILA!!! You are ready for a powder play ground.
We are conveniently located by SKI BUS SHUTTLE which is an easy peasy 3 minute walk. See http://www.visitsaltlake.com/skicity/super-pass/?_ga=1.239917377.379488720.1475011452
The house is super spacious, private, quiet, and feels really cozy. While I need my space during down time, it's the perfect house for entertaining and hanging out with friends. Also bought a new hot tub and the basement is perfect for hanging out playing billards. It's my favorite place to get away during the winter.
We had a really nice time. The condo was perfect for the number of people we had in our party. Our kids (myself included) enjoyed the game room and the hot tub was wonderful. The weather was perfect, both at the condo and on the mountain. You do a great job making sure your guests have all the information and amenities they need to have an enjoyable stay.
Our family of 7 stayed there over Christmas to be close to our daughter who lives in Salt Lake. The property is old as stated before and dirty, appliances old and beaten up. The linens in the beds smelled musty (found out later that we were the first rental of the season), nevertheless it should have been spruced up. Towels have seen better days, the kitchen rugs and bath rugs were filthy, need to be thrown in washer.There was a take out container from whole food left in fridge that was moldy, numerous empty plastic bottles left under beds, I think I counted 8 all together. The kitchen was filthy. I even found a check on the side of the bed that was written 6 months earlier! Where had the cleaning crew been? The mixer had food caked all over the bottom,( we borrowed our daughter's). Many light bulbs were burned out and the ones in the closet did not fit the lamps.. TV in basement is not hooked up to cable, so doesn't work as it is implied from the pictures. There is 3 1/2 baths, not 4 as implied. Ice on side of house by front door because of a leaking gutter and refreezing at night, was many inches thick and treacherous. We had to go out through the garage. No instruction for fireplace. Conflicting instructions on trash day. Got an email the day I left that trash day was a certain day, yet sign on fridge said another day. Thank goodness that we saw everybody's trash out and we followed suits, otherwise we would have missed it. Instructions in book are 5 years old!! It took me over a month and 2 emails, to get my large deposit back. This place needs a complete makeover. The cleaning team is obviously not doing their job. We left the place cleaner than it was, I'm sure the cleaning team was happy!!! It's too bad because it is in a great location. We also liked that shampoo, soap, and paper sundries were plentiful, not always the case in other rentals we've rented. So in conclusion I would NOT recommend this place, unless you're a bunch of guys who don't care about cleanliness and you don't intend to use the kitchen much.
Overall, we could not have asked for a better stay!
All 10 of us were comfortable and we managed to cook breakfasts, hang out in the hot tub, watch TV, and play cards in comfort!
we loved being close to shopping and skiing, would stay there again!
We are a group of 5 guys who go every year skiing at different ski resorts. We typically stay in nicely furnished homes in good locations. The location of this 2 story + basement track home was more than ideal for skiing the canyons (we skied Alta, Snowbird & Brighton and the drive was 15-30 minutes). It is also close to grocery store, restaurants, and a ski shop. We cook breakfast and a few dinners at home, and go out for dinner a few times. I'm a property manager and so perhaps somewhat picky, so I did notice the following: (1) some of the kitchen cabinet doors would not stay closed because they had no latches, (2) some kitchen utensils were old or missing, not enough serving spoons, wine opener broken & missing spatula (which was inexpensive for us to buy), however we got by with what they had, (3) the spa was older and only one seat had jets strong enough to make a difference & the temperature button on control panel was worn out & difficult to set the temperature to the desired level - after playing with it for several minutes sometimes I was successful in getting it set to the right temperature, (4) We kept the house temperature at 70 degrees the whole time. There was 1 thermostat for the entire house and for some reason the guy in the basement bedroom reported that his room would overheat at times, whereas the master bedroom on the 2nd floor was almost always 5-7 degrees lower than rest of house, especially late at night (I compensated for this by wearing wool socks & ski cap to bed!). Having said all this we would rent the house again because of the location. The owners were also easy to work with!
This condo is in the perfect location for skiing in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyons. The property is large and spacious and has a fully equipped kitchen. The unit is a little older and worn, but when considering the low price it is a great place to stay.
Wonderful condo! Absolutely perfect for our party of 6 guys. Great location between the two canyons. Will stay again next time we come to SLC.
Very nice accommodations-perfect proximity to the slopes, stores and restaurants. The owners were very responsive and a brief mix-up with the dates was quickly resolved. We hope tp stay there again. Highly recommended!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 17 2017 - Feb 20 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jan 3 2018 - Jan 18 2018
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$600|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.