About the property
- Townhome2720 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
3 Bed 4 Bath Mountain Home, Available for 1 to 3 Month Rental
Our home is available for 1 to 3 month short term rental lease prior to the Ski season December 15 2018.
Ideal for temporary corporate housing or family needing time to relocate to a permanent home.
Fully Furnished with utilities. We accept pets with additional fee.
Special Promotional Offers:
1. Book 7 nights for discounted rate (automatically calculated in HomeAway)
2. Summer Bookings Get FREE Late Check Out
Regular Check out: 10:00 AM
Late Check out: 1:00 PM
Updated in Feb 2018:
Continued remodeling of kitchen, bathrooms, and recreation room in the basement. Hope you all enjoy as much as we do!
The house will be available for long term rental after the ski season in complete. If you are interested please contact owner.
Updated in 2017:
While on our annual family ski vacation we decided to remodel the house and make some upgrades to the kitchen and throughout the house. New in January are granite counter tops, new stainless steel refrigerator and stove / oven. Since we love to make smoothies and juices we purchased a high speed gourmet Blender by Blendtech. I have also really been into soups and purchased an Instapot electric pressure cooker for the vacation house (I have one at home and LOVE it) might find it useful and helpful as you throw ingredients together and have the soup ready when you get home from skiing. Some of the other new things that we have done is added a mudroom since all the coats, helmets, ski boots, and accessories needed an organized place to hang. We have refreshed all linens, rugs, new furniture and parlor sport games in the house. Enjoy!
Top 6 Important Things To Know:
1. Convenient location, 8 mile drive to slopes,.
2. Walk to Ski Shuttle
3. Private hot tub.
4. Spacious home with pool table and ping pong,
5. New Kitchen
6. We have one TV that is located in the living room.
Get ready for the ulitmate ski vacation house. We purchased this house in 2006. My husband is a ski prima donna and cares about ski location, he loves Alta. I am a 'ski enthusiast' by marriage and care about comfort and convenience. We found this gem of a vacation house which has the best of both worlds and is close to all of our favorite ski resorts Alta, Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton.
Top Ten Reasons Why We (and others) love this place:
1. Location tops the list. We are approximately 7 miles away or 20 minutes away from all four major ski resorts. I need to mention the location is really strategic for some skiers because often times in the ski season, Alta and Snowbird will get enough snow that they occasionally are forced to close down the road for several hours due to Avalanche control. On these days, we make a right out of the community and ski Solitude or Brighton which is nearly the same distance, it's really cool. You are located conveniently between 4 of Utah's best ski resorts.
2. Don't want to drive the car to the ski resort? It's easy enough to take the Ski shuttle bus which is steps away from the house and cost only a few bucks. My husband's ski 'thing' is that he has to wake up at the crack of dawn to be one of the first on the mountain to make fresh tracks on the snow. Me? Forget about it, I need to have my toasted english muffin and coffee, then I'll get in the car, put some chapstick on and meet him at the resort at my leisurely pace. This is a win win situation and everyone is happy, hooray!! The shuttle takes about 20 mins to get up the mountain and drops you off right at the slopes. http://www.visitsaltlake.com/skicity/super-pass/?_ga=1.239917377.379488720.1475011452
3. Private Garage. Remote control access to your own private garage that fits two full size vehicles. It may not seem like a big deal, but when it's snowing and you have already spent several hours in the snow, it's nice to click that button, drive straight in, close the garage door, and walk straight into the dry warmth of the house. It's a bonus not having to trek through the snow and park in a communal garage or on the street.
4. At the end of a powder ski day the only thing that any skier cares about is slipping into a comfy warm bed. The bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom 1: One king - sleeps two
Bedroom 2: One Queen - sleeps two
Bedroom 3: Two Queens - sleeps up four
Bedroom 4: Four Twins (trundle bed) - sleeps four
House is designed to comfortably sleep 8.
5. Enjoy a glass of wine in front a warm and toasty fire place.
6. Laundry room located inside the house on the 2nd floor. Helpful for families with little ones or longer stays. We have laundry detergent available.
7. Entertain or cook your own gourmet meals in a fully-equipped kitchen. Everything from wine glasses, champagne flutes, coffee mugs for hot cocoa, pots and pans, utensils, tea kettle, tumblers, coffee pot, microwave, slow cooker crock pot, dishes etc...
8. Lots of space and lots of comfort equals good vacation. Enjoy nearly 3000 square feet of vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors. Plenty of room for the children to run around, play, and make lots of noise, especially in the 4th bedroom / recreation area. This home has a lot personal charm and is fully furnished with everything that you will need.
9. Complimentary hi-speed internet
10. Apres-Ski wouldn't be complete with out the ability to soak in a private jacuzzi with friends and family. This is a 5 person jetted hot tub and is located outside at the back of the house. Alternatively, you can take a quiet and relaxing bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub located in the masterbath.
The great thing about vacations is that you get to spend time with the people that matter most doing the things that you enjoy. The bummer about vacations is that they are always too short of a time span. Make your vacation arrangements in a fun, comfortable and convenient place. If our ski house sounds perfect for you and your family or friends, please email or give a call.
We would love to have you as our guest.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
About Au-Co Mai
I love playing the guitar, hanging out with family and friends, cooking and gardening.
Au-Co Mai purchased this Townhome in 2005
Why Au-Co Mai chose Cottonwood Heights
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! For the best powder conditions in the US, you have go to Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton. An easy 8 mile drive. Make a left from the neighborhood, another left up the mountain and VOILA!!! You are ready for a powder play ground.
What makes this Townhome unique
We are conveniently located by SKI BUS SHUTTLE which is an easy peasy 3 minute walk. See http://www.visitsaltlake.com/skicity/super-pass/?_ga=1.239917377.379488720.1475011452 The house is super spacious, private, quiet, and feels really cozy. While I need my space during down time, it's the perfect house for entertaining and hanging out with friends. Also bought a new hot tub and the basement is perfect for hanging out playing billards. It's my favorite place to get away during the winter.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Property was great
Enjoyed the Condo, location was great. Perfect for a large group of people . We stayed for an extended weekend of skiing and was fortunate to get a snowstorm that made for great skiing. Owners were very easy to work with. We would definitely stay there again.
Wonderful property & host!
Fantastic property at great location and with great amenities. Very professional and welcoming host!
Great place in between the canyons
The house really worked for us. It is clean and has ample space. The location is right between the cottonwood canyons. Quiet neighborhood. Hot tub is a plus. Game room was a bonus. Would definitely stay there again. Au-Co Mai is very responsive and was a great host.
Good value property for staying in Cottonwood Heights
I stayed here with five other friends for a ski vacation. The property is located about 20 minutes away from Alta/Snowbird. It was an easy drive to the mountains. The townhouse is nice and well-maintained, and it comfortably slept all of us. There is a property manager who can assist you if you need anything. The cable wasn't working when we arrived and the property manager came the next day to fix it, which was nice. The kitchen worked great, as did the hot tub and outdoor grill. Overall, would stay here again.
Close to the slopes, has everything you need. Owner easy to work with.
Unless you are staying at the ski resort, you can't get a place more convenient than this one! Getting to shopping, restaurants and ski shops was very easy. The place itself is fine. It's not top of the line, but you are not paying a top of the line price. There are some cosmetic things that could be fixed, but everything is functional and the kitchen is well-equipped. There wasn't anything that we needed, but couldn't find. We used the hot tub each night and loved it. Also played pool and ping pong, so that was a big plus. Lots of bathrooms, so that's convenient as well. Being able to use the garage was a huge plus as we saw the street parkers scraping the ice off their windshields in the morning. The owner was very easy to work with and she responded quickly to all our inquiries (and there were several). We had expected to bring my sister's boyfriend and dog, but at the last minute they were not able to attend. The owner was great about getting us a refund of the $200 pet fee even though it took some figuring out to get it done through the website. We were very appreciative of her efforts!! We would stay here again.
Comfortable accommodations and a great location
Our group of 8 stayed for 6 nights. The house was clean and the appliances and hot tub worked fine. There were plenty of hooks and ample bench space in the mudroom to dry out wet ski clothes at end of the day. The location is great, between the entrances of Big and Little Cottonwood. Grocery stores and other essentials are close by. I would definitely stay here again.