2Br, 2Ba + Den In Ideal Location For Exploring The Monterey Peninsula (Sleeps 6)
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - NO cribs, playpens, high chairs or other equipmentNO cribs, playpens, high chairs or other equipment
No pets - $500 additional fee if pets brought to property$500 additional fee if pets brought to property
No smoking - Violation results in $300 additional cleaning feeViolation results in $300 additional cleaning fee
Max guests: 6 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 23
- No cribs, playpens, high chairs or other equipment suitable for infants or toddlers is available
- Charges to security deposit for permanent stains $25 towels/sheets $75 for comforters $100 or replacement cost for stains to furniture
- Charges to security deposit Repair/Replacement cost for damage to electronics or appliances Replacement cost for missing or broken items
Enhanced cleaning practices
Cleaned with disinfectant
About Bob Froese
The Gingerbread Cottage was originally built in 1937 as a two bedroom, one bath cottage which was perfect for Barrie Hart Froese's first home in her hometown of Carmel while serving as a vice principal at Carmel Middle School. She moved to San Francisco, met her husband Bob and has also lived in Barrington, IL and now in Montgomery, AL but has always kept this home as a rental.
Bob Froese purchased this Cottage in 1980
Why Bob Froese chose Northeast Carmel
As the old saying in real estate goes, Location, Location, Location. Virtually all Monterey Peninsula activities and attractions are within 10 minutes from the property conveniently located less than half a mile from the Carpenter Avenue/Highway 1 intersection. Ocean Avenue in Carmel is less than a mile away and within five miles of the home is the Lodge at Pebble Beach, the Monterey Wharf, Cannery Row and the Monterey Aquarium, and the Crossroads and Del Monte Shopping Centers. Add a few more miles heading south and you can be at the Highlands Inn or have a meal overlooking the Pacific at Rocky Point with many photo opportunities of Big Sur along the way.
What makes this Cottage unique
In 2014, the decision was made to totally renovate the house and expand it to its current configuration. All that was kept were three of the outside walls and the original roofline - and of course the gingerbread woodwork on the outside of the house. While still maintaining the cottage atmosphere, the house has all new stainless steel appliances, a full size washer/dryer and WiFi throughout.