"Great setting in the JT Highlands. Minutes from the Park Entrance and other attractions. Amenities are accurate. The outdoor bathtub is heaven. Some improvements would help.
- Best view in the JT Highlands! The queen room side gets the sunrises, the king room side gets the sunsets
- The king bed is firm, the queen bed is firmer - we tried both and had good sleep. Pillows are soft and fresh linens
- The front door sitting area provided a great spot to view the city lights and stars at the same time
- Houses in proximity (~100 yards) but still felt secluded,
- Great array of wildlife visible from the house (coyotes, quails, rabbits...)
- Kitchen is stocked and offers great space and equipment for preparing meals, fridge makes great ice
- The outdoor bathtub is heaven, this helped us cool off tremendously, along with the constant breeze
- The bathroom has a great big tub and sink, towels were fresh and soft, water pressure and temps were good
- Windows and glass surround the house, great for views of the vast desert
The Not-So-Good (reasons for the 4 stars):
- The weather was peaking upper 90's to 100's. The swamp cooler and ceiling fans tried their best, but the house only got cooled to about 85's even at night. Perhaps providing electric fans in the bedrooms can help especially during summer.
- The kitchen didn't have a microwave so we just used the toaster oven to reheat foods
- The winds do pick up at night, the king room screen door is loose and it does keep banging against the door and frame, making it a little difficult to sleep.
- The Wifi is only about a 2Mbps speed (may not be enough for Netflix, etc..), but we didn't mind too much
- The hammock and reclining outdoor chair on the pictures were not present on our visit - perhaps they broke?
- The JT Highlands roads are not paved. A standard car/truck/suv will do fine, but sports or lowered vehicles will have difficulty.
- With AT&T we got about 1-2 bars inside the house
- PioneerTown and the Giant Rock in Landers were nearby and are great attractions. Due to perhaps the hot weather, we were alone at these sites - kind of eerie but a great experience at the same time.
- We didn't get to try any due to timing, but Jeff provided a great list of eateries and attractions, will definitely try them on our next visit.
The Adobe House provided what we were looking for - a relaxing weekend with a little adventure on the side. Will definitely be back.
Guest: GINNO C.
Date of Stay: July 2016
Review Submitted: August 2, 2016