"We rented this great house for 4 nights for an extended family rendezvous that included 5 adults and 3 boys between 5 and 7. It worked out perfectly, as the "kids room" has a bunk bed and a twin, so the cousins were able to have a slumber party, while the adults each had their own room. The house was basically exactly as the pictures look. We had a great experience with the property and would definitely stay here again. Our favorite parts included:
- a nice big kitchen and open floor plan so we could cook and socialize and snack and drink wine on the deck right outside the door
- the backyard has a great swingset/jungle gym as well as a little play house. it's fenced in and a great space for kids to run around and play without me worrying about them!
- the washer/dryer ended up coming in handy
- location worked easily for going to sea world, airport, etc. there was a great grocery store close by
- kerry was awesome! my parents got there first and she got them all oriented, pointed them to the store, was super responsive by email to make sure we had what we needed
Two items to mention that I remember wondering about myself so in case you have same questions!
- the house does NOT have air conditioning. For us in mid june this was just fine. there was a closet full of fans (enough for every bedroom) and it's cool enough at night that honestly I preferred the fresh air so it worked out great (and the neighborhood is quiet so that wasn't an issue).
- the main floor you enter on has most everything (3 of the bedrooms, the living room, kitchen, dining) and then a great deck at that level that overlooks the backyard. then there is a "mother in law suite" downstairs with a separate entrance that is basically a 1 bedroom apt. The house is on a hill that slopes from front to back. My aging parents don't deal with stairs very well, so i was kind of imagining they would stay upstairs and probably jsut hang out on the deck rather than come down to the yard, but we were pleasantly surprised to discover that there is a ramp that goes down the side of the house ! mom can handle a slight hill better than a flight of stairs, so as it turned out, it was easy enough for her to just go out the front door and around the side of the house to enjoy the great shaded patio and watch the kids play. worked out even better than I thought it would when we chose it!
Guest: Tiffany F.
Date of Stay: June 2016
Review Submitted: July 2, 2016