Lakeside Estate: Lodging with Stunning Event Spaces
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Redwood Valley estate description
Leonard Lake Reserve offers a beautiful, memorable and private setting for your next family reunion, anniversary party or special event.
A new stone patio with stunning views seats 50 people, making entertaining easy. Located at the end of a gravel road, behind a locked gate, guarantees 100% privacy.
Spend your days swimming, hiking, playing or relaxing in the secluded atmosphere at the lake. Leonard Lake is the largest natural lake in Mendocino County, and sits in the heart of rare old growth fir and redwood groves.
The four houses are nestled into the north side of the lake and woven amongst the old growth trees. Each house has a full kitchen, several bedrooms and fireplace or wood stove.
Miles of hiking trails criss-cross the almost 4000 acres to provide you with access to forests, chaparral, natural springs, grasslands and craggy rocks. Leonard Lake Reserve is bordered by Montgomery Woods State Park and BLM land, so there is almost unlimited wilderness access.
Keywords: Large Victorian house, Cabins
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 14 Bedrooms, Sleeps 36, Beds for 2-36
Bathrooms: 9 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Events and weddings, please inquire. Leonard Lake is a great place to get married, we have several ceremony spots, an outdoor reception area, and lodging for many. Antique furniture, a 6 burner professional quality stove and large kitchen available for large parties and get togethers. Stone patio and reception area to seat 100 people. ...moreless
- Ping Pong Table
- Free Long Distance
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- There is a beautiful trail circling the Lake, which showcases groves of old growth fir and redwood. Other trails lead you to open grasslands, and reveal remnants of bygone eras. We have canoes and kayaks to explore the far reaches of the lake, and floats for the relaxed swimmers and kids, and sunbathing chairs on the docks. Dangle your lure for small mouth bass, and watch our resident osprey dive-bomb bluegill. Or you can simply enjoy your favorite book in a comfortable hammock. For kids, we have toys, a swing set, and nets to catch pollywogs, minnows, and bluegill. At night you can stargaze with no interference from light pollution. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect intimate wedding location
Perfect intimate wedding location
We had our wedding here last fall -- about 60 people joined us at the lake for a weekend we'll never forget. It was an affordable, unique, and gorgeous setting. We needed very little to make it special as the natural surrounding is jawdroppingly beautiful and the houses are a destination on their own. Julia and Jon were so helpful and accommodating; they even built a ramp for my father who is in a wheelchair! Everyone had a cozy place to sleep, whether it was in one of the houses or in a warm tent. It was exactly what we'd imagined and we highly recommend it for small or large groups; we'll be returning there in a few months for our anniversary!
- Guest Jennifer (Berkeley, CA)
- Date of stay 10/02/11
- Review Submitted 08/28/12
Recommended for: People with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
I've been fortunate to visit Leonard Lake many times over the years, sometimes alone, sometimes with family or friends. Each time I arrive the serene attitude, the peacefulness of the place touches me in the depth of my soul.
- Guest Sandy Marshall (Redwood Valley, CA)
- Date of stay 10/24/07
- Review Submitted 10/24/07
Guest comment entered by manager
This was the best summer vacation we've ever had -such good friends, food, and the most beautiful place in the world. Thank you for this gift, I will carry Leonard Lake and all the joy with me. Nancy McVickar Dear Leonard Lake Thank you for the vacation of a lifetime! So much fun, so many friends. So many beautiful days and nights. Thank You! Doug McVickar
- Guest Nancy McVickar
- Date of stay 07/23/05
- Review Submitted 07/23/05
November and December 2013 10% discount, individual houses available Additional site fee applies to events 2014: All 4 houses: $2700/nt, (up to 36 people) for weekends, $2000/night mid week Inquire about additional sleeping options 3 night minimum for weekends in the summer, 2 night minimum at other times
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1952
- Primary: (707) 489 1388 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Huge dining room windows in the main house overlook Leonard Lake.
The Big House is full of Victorian furniture
These trees are 1000-2000 years old
Plenty of room for kids to run and play
The Beehive, lake side view, 4 bedrooms
Great for swimming and boating
Houses are located on the north side of Leonard Lake, and have exclusive acess
Old growth redwood and fir trees surround Leonard Lake, all on private property
Wood fired pizza oven made from local materials!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 10, 2013