Cozy Cedar Home & Blue Ribbon Fly Fishing. Twin Bridges, Montana
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Twin Bridges cottage description
A small town set amid five mountain ranges with four rivers converging within a few miles. I can't imagine being anywhere else for very long.
Twin Bridges is an agricultural community with 400 full time residents. With trout streams all around you can purchase an RL WInston Rod from the horses mouth so to speak and fish with it in minutes.
I purchased this unfinished home in 2005 and completed it over the next few years. All door and window trims were custom made from five species of hardwood. The floor is oak on the main floor. The kitchen is small but functional and you can see the river from the sink. Wildlife abounds in the neighborhood.
Keywords: Fishing custom cottage. River views. Rural agricultural community
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 3-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Custom tiled bath with tub/shower unit.
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided
- We are located in a rural town of 400 folks with World Class trout streams all around. Big box stores are thirty or more miles away and we are perfectly fine. If you need your fix we suggest you stop on your way in or better yet visit the local purveyors. We can usually find what you need, it just may not be today....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
Location & View
- Monument View:
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Water Tubing
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- The views from the deck and windows of this house on the end of town are of the Beaverhead River and Tabletop Mountain, the area Lewis and Clark passed through a few times on their journey to and from the Pacific Ocean. We celebrate the natural beauty around us and the cowboy way of life here. Our town stays busy with ranching throughout the year. This is still the wild west so be prepared to take care of yourself, you may not see other humans on your journeys in these parts. Twin Bridges is home to the Madison County Fairgrounds hosting, the Floating Flotilla River Parade the last weekend each July,and the four day Madison County Fair the second weekend of August each year. Fly in to Bozeman, Helena, Missoula, Idaho Falls or Butte and drive in to this easy to find town between Highway 90 and Interstate 15....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Best Place in Twin Bridges
Best Place in Twin Bridges
Twin Bridges is a very small ranching and fishing (fly) town. We were there for the fishing. The other rentals in town are available through fishing outfitters. This property has been renovated so kitchen and bath are nice. The main bedroom is adequate but the upper bedroom is really only for children or very small adults. When we were there (Aug. 1 - Sept. 1 2012) No WIFI. No TV. The owner promises TV is coming but not WIFI. So check first. (Twin Bridges does NOT have community WIFI.) There is a washer dryer on the ground floor. The $1000 pet deposit is way way too high. Forget what you read about the Blue Anchor Cafe. It has been closed for over a year. All in all a nice place close to the river and restaurants. You can walk to town. The three restaurants (Old hotel($$$$), The shack($), Wagon Wheel($)) and a small grocery store are 3 blocks away. The fly fishing outfitters are in the same area. The famous Sweetgrass Rods (boo boys) is two blocks away and The Winston Rod Co is at the other end of town. We were pleased with the accommodations and would recommend the property (with WIFI and TV). The fly fishing is great and I recommend 4rivers Fishing Co for guided trips.
- Guest joetucson (Tucson)
- Date of stay 08/01/12
- Review Submitted 09/10/12
Recommended for: Pet owners, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Mar 31, 2014
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Until a confirmation letter is issued, our rates are subject to change without notice. If booking way ahead, we suggest you look into travel insurance. Stays of longer than 30 days are not subject to lodging tax.
50% of the stay is due to secure the dates requested at the rate quoted in our contract. 50% of the deposit is refundable if cancelling 60 or more days prior to arrival. We ask the balance of the stay be paid 14 days prior to arrival at which time the deposit becomes 50% refundable if the stay is cancelled prior to arrival. We reserve the right to adjust the contract rate for an early departure.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning of unit: $125 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Pet Fee: $300 + tax
- Tax Rate 7%
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Twin Bridges, Madison County at 2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Montana Hwy 41/287 is Main Street, Twin Bridges at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Blue Anchor at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Grasshopper, Big Sky at 50 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Dillon at 30 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Old Hotel at 0.35 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I moved to Twin Bridges in 2004.
Why the Owner Chose Twin Bridges:
I am happy to share this special place with guests. This is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty everywhere you look any time of year.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The view from the deck of this home is breathtaking. The fishing is world class and the cowboys are authentic. Town is a safe place to walk and people are friendly. Neighbors wave to each other in their travels. The access to rivers, state parks and national parks within 100 miles is amazing. Yet the beauty right here makes it tough to leave this neighborhood. There are 209 homes in this town and half are occupied year round. Catch up on the local gossip over coffee in the morning at the grocery store or fly shop.
- Primary: 406-596-3090
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Main Floor Queen Bed
Tub and shower
Big Sky Country
The Tobacco Roots to the East.
Kitchen is open to the living room
Fall day on the deck
Tabletop Mountain and the Highlands to the North
Lots of windows and light
Appointed kitchen with dishwasher
Tile floor and countertop in the bathroom.
The kitchen shares space with the living room
Twin Bridges is home to the Madison County Fairgrounds
Fall day on the deck
Staircase to loft bedroom
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 15, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.