🐻 The best of everything!! Refined luxury, detailed amenities, large beautiful property. Walk to local restaurants, shops, grocery store, hiking and biking trails, tourist attractions. Less than 4 miles from Aquarium, all downtown, mountain and waterfront activities.
Be sure to check out our other apts located here at The Bear House 1890 property!
Wheland Wing, 2 BR 1 BA, #1021450
Workman Wing, 2 BR 1 BA, #1021491
Stinson Suite, 2 BR 1 BA, #1076824
Lilly’s Loft, 1 BR 1 BA, #1324077
Sherfey Suite, 1 BR, 1 BA, #1172405
The spacious and bright Johnson Retreat includes the entire 2nd story of The Bear House (Wheland Wing and Workman Wing combined into one large space, 2200 square feet):
• Front and back private entrance.
• High quality, fully equipped kitchen for your cooking and dining needs with gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Small appliances include toaster, mixer, crock-pot and electric tea kettle. The basics are kept stocked for your convenience: paper towels, garbage bags, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, foils and plastic wrap, salt and pepper, spices, olive oil, canola oil, sugar.
• Living room with ample seating, game table, games, smart HDTV with Cable, Amazon Prime and Netflix.
• Resource center with writing desk, office supplies and reading corner.
• 2 Hospitality Centers with microwave, small refrigerator, Keurig with well stocked variety of coffee, teas and hot chocolate and related condiments, fresh fruit, chocolates, some breakfast items and snacks.
• 2 Dining areas for 4. Additional seating areas.
• 1 King bedroom, smart HDTV with Cable, Amazon Prime and Netflix, WiFi, ceiling fan with remote, luxury bedding and linens, full length mirror, luggage racks, water bottles, bedside radio/clock with 2 outlets and 2 ports for charging your devices.
• 3 Queen bedrooms, each with smart HDTV with Cable, Amazon Prime and Netflix, high speed WiFi, ceiling fan with remote, luxury bedding and linens, full length mirror, luggage rack, water bottles, bedside radio/clock with 2 outlets and 2 ports for charging your devices.
• 2 Full size bathrooms with large original soaking tubs, custom tile work, luxury towels and amenities, hair dryer.
• 1 Original shower room and dressing room, beautifully renovated with custom tile work, luxury towels and amenities.
Our spacious property offers many opportunities for gathering spaces outdoors. The large old-fashioned front porch, courtyard garden and gazebo are wonderful spots for morning coffee, a special evening meal, or a place to relax in a comfortable chair with a good book. The special garden areas and larger outdoor seating areas provide additional space for your enjoyment. Be sure to explore the carved bears placed around the property and hear their story! In the spring and summer, help yourself to the blackberries and small vegetable garden bounty. And don’t miss the scavenger hunt; over 40 sculptured animals roam the property for you to find.
Centrally located in Chattanooga and the trendy St Elmo Historic District, our beautiful historic home provides the perfect accommodations to create a truly memorable experience. Pampered with on-site attention you’ll feel taken care of from your first inquiry until the end of your stay, whether it is a short trip or a few months. With over 25 years experience in the rental property business, we specialize in a broad spectrum of lodging needs, from quick getaways, to out of town family and friends, to corporate rentals and short term housing needs.