The ideal home base for your retreat to PEC. An authentic country home with a cozy charm, but lovingly restored and renovated with just the right mix of stylish touches. Spacious both inside and out, ideal for families, group of friends, or company retreats - large enough that everyone has a seat at the dinner table ; ). A literal stone's throw from the Picton Harbour, steps from the main strip, and a short jaunt to all of the wonderful wineries, beaches and beauty that the County has to offer.
Legitimately one of the first houses ever in Picton, built in 1840 but looking incredibly good for her age. This two-storey brick residence has been updated from top to bottom to offer a more contemporary take on an historic heritage home.
Art-inspired design in each and every room, featuring an array of local artists and pieces from around the world, everything from colourful cityscapes to clever Canadiana.
Rooms of all shapes and sizes to sleep 9 comfortably - the master with ensuite, the second bedroom with fireplace, the bunkroom (*main bedrooms on 2nd floor) and the sunroom (plus a spot on the couch to make it 10, if need be). Plus 3 full bathrooms, with rain shower faucets and a classic, old school deep soak tub.
- The place is beyond bright, with big windows and high ceilings.
- An entirely modern (and roomy!) kitchen. All new, stainless steel appliances.
- Kitchen's adjacent to the living room, with lots of comfortable seating.
- Along with a Smart TV, for rainy day Netflixing!
- An incredibly long dining room table, to host meals fresh from the BBQ.
- Also an interesting/unexpected spiral staircase, connecting dining and master.
- Carefully curated furniture, the right balance of sleek and snug.
- A large, spacious fenced-in private backyard with a little over half an acre of greenspace.
- Two big sun-filled decks, perfect for quiet morning coffees or family dinners.
- Three gas fireplaces.
- And more than enough cozy spots to dive into a good book.
Distance to some of our favourite spots around the County:
The Vic Cafe - 8min walk
Sandbanks - 14min drive
Black Prince Winery - 3min drive
Lake On The Mountain Brewery - 6min drive
Waupoos Winery - 14min drive
Regent Theatre - 7min walk
Lighthouse Restaurant - literally, could not be closer
For more, see our Top 10 lists of things to do in Prince Edward County
Also worth noting, this home is legit around the corner (2min walk) from our other vacation rental property on Union Street. If you're a large group of 10-20, headed to the County for a family reunion, wedding, or corporate retreat, contact us about our discounts for booking both properties together.
We’re here if you have any questions at all about your upcoming stay : )