The Lone Star Cabin 2 is located just 5 1/2 miles east of downtown Fredericksburg on US Hwy 290 right in the middle of a number of special destination points. The Cabin is approximately 1,100 square feet in size. The floor plan includes a living room (with leather couch/recliner, full size chair with ottoman), dinning room with six foot table and chairs, full size kitchen and appliances and kitchenware and two bedrooms (One King & One Queen) with closets. There is a TV in the living room and one bedroom. The Cabin has large covered front and back porches with rocking chairs and side tables overlooking hill country for your relaxation and enjoyment.
Here are some of the interesting destination points surrounding the Cabin -
1. Soon you will know why Fredericksburg is one of the most popular getaways in Texas. There is so much to do and see in our historic town! Fredericksburg is nestled in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas; right in the heart of the Texas Wine Country, with a vibrant art and live music scene that will dazzle and inspire! The Chamber of Commerce takes great pride in providing visitors with the travel information necessary to plan a rich and exciting holiday vacation or weekend getaway. Visit the Chamber's website to get all the details of your visit to Fredericksburg.
2. Six wineries within 1,000 feet of the Lone Star Cabin and too many more to count and visit just a few more miles going east on US Hwy 290 toward Stonewall, Texas and the surrounding area.
3. The famous Wild Seed Farm is just 2 miles east of the Cabin on US Hwy 290. The farm features beautiful gardens and fields of wildflowers. There is also a gift shop and patio. You can enjoy a glass of wine or a beer as well as indulge in homemade ice cream or other snacks.
4. Luckenbach, Texas is just 5 miles from the Cabin on RR 1376 which features their historic Post Office, General Store, band stand and dance hall. Music is such a huge part of the Hill Country culture that one whole town is dedicated to it. Take a spin in its dance hall under rafters draped in white lights. If you want a more low-key, under-the-radar setting, head over to Alamo Springs Café, which is , as the owners' say, "inconveniently located in the middle of nowhere." Dig into hand-battered onion rings and juicy fat burgers that are beer-bottle tall with such toppings as jalapeno chilies and grilled onions. On weekends, local bands play on the outdoor stage. Enjoy country western music each weekend. The historic town of Sisterdale is just another 15 miles down the road with a great winery, dance hall and bar. Just the drive to Sisterdale is breathtaking.
5. Fredericksburg Trade Days in located 3 miles east of the Cabin on US Hwy 290. They are open on the third weekend of each month and features vendors and Texas crafts of all types and fashions. Country music plays each day in their famous Beer Barn.
6. Wal Mart is located just 3 miles west of the Cabin on US Hwy 290 back towards downtown where you can replenish your supplies or pick up some last minute shopping items for your trip.