Nestled on the border of Sugar Pine State Park and within walking distance to pristine Lake Tahoe beach, this updated townhouse offers the perfect opportunity to relax, explore and refresh. This secluded unit is perfect for young families or couples looking for an escape. It offers a bright and open second floor living area, two decks (one covered), high-end furnishings and is surrounded by natural forest. Snuggle up by the wood-burning fireplace, enjoy a book on one of the decks, or play in the forest right out the front door.
And the opportunities for adventure are limitless, with hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing trails right out the front door. Nearby are some of the most spectacular hiking trails, beaches and skiing that Lake Tahoe has to offer. There is protected forest land right out the front door, perfect for convenient snow play for kids or enjoying the views from inside or on the deck.
This town home features 3 large bedrooms and 2.5 baths. The master bedroom offers a king size bed, walk-in closet and full private master bath with dual shower heads. A separate full guest bathroom is also located downstairs next to the two other rooms. The upstairs living area also includes access to a half bath. OCCUPANCY LIMITED TO 8 GUESTS (with no more than 4 adults). Contact owner prior to booking for exceptions.
Have children? We have you covered. One of the rooms is setup to delight kids, with two bunk beds, a large TV, a video game console as well as lots of family board games and puzzles to choose from. And more importantly, playing in the snow will be a breeze, with the convenience of open forest right out your door.
The property includes access to a tennis court, half-court basketball hoop, horseshoe pit and a small play structure.
IMPORTANT: Please note that this unit is part of a family-friendly, quiet complex to be enjoyed by those looking for that same experience.
About the Area
Locals know that the west side truly is the best side of Lake Tahoe. This protected and pristine area boasts an abundance of opportunities to explore or relax in one of the most beautiful settings in the world — whether it is summer or winter. Some of our favorites include:
• Sugar Pine Point beach and state park (walking/biking distance) - secluded beach, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowshoe trails
• General Creek hiking/biking trail (walking/biking distance)
• Paved bike trail along the lake between Tahoma and Tahoe City (walking/biking distance)
• Homewood Ski resort (5 min drive)
• Meeks Bay beach and trail (5 min drive)
• D.L. Bliss beach (8 min drive)
• Rubicon Trail (8 min drive)
• Emerald Bay (15 minute drive)
• Squaw and Alpine Meadows Ski Resort (20 min drive)
There is also convenient access to a general store to pick up supplies and several restaurants just down the street.
• 1,500 square feet
• Master bedroom includes king size bed and full private bath with dual shower heads
• Guest bedroom with queen size bed and access to a full bathroom
• Children's bedroom with two twin bunk beds, TV, game console and Bluray player
• Bright and open second story living area with wood-burning fireplace, large flat screen tv and Bluray player
• Internet access
• Half bath upstairs
• Fully appointed kitchen
• Equipped with essentials for families with small children (cups, plates, bowls, pack n play (no sheets), booster seat, baby gate for top of stairs, games,puzzels)
• Full size washer and dryer
Important Notes on Winter Travel:
While the roads in and around our unit are relatively flat, getting to and from Tahoe over the pass may require AWD, 4WD or chains. Visit CalTrans to monitor conditions.
The section of highway 89 between Meeks Bay and South Lake Tahoe can be closed during winter.