Sunset House - High Quality - Low Price(23 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
For more pictures please send an email and we will supply a link for you. Please click on the calendar button to the right to check availability. One note, the new pricing mechanism by VRBO skews prices for longer stays.
Dec 1 - Dec 20th $1400 week
Christmas/New Year's (Dec 21 - Jan 2) - $2100/week
Jan - $1400 week
Feb - April: $1300/week
4th of July Week: $1200
We are certain you won't find a better value anywhere. We have lowered some prices by up to 25% from four years ago. We have a quality 2200 sq ft house with prices better than local quality hotels. Depending on the season, we may discount 10% for stays longer than 15 days, 15% for stays longer than 30 days.
Why should you stay with us?
1A) Our prices are the best of any place for what we have to offer. Our beautiful 3bdrm spacious home will satisfy most any traveler. WE WANT TO RENT!!!
1) Clear, magnificent, close unobstructed view of the mountains and ocean from a spacious patio, the pool, the master bedroom balcony/bed, one of the downstairs bedrooms, and a peek from the living area. You aren't looking across housetops or treetops.
2) Short ride by car to 3 beautiful beaches
3) Large spacious home (2200sf) with a beautiful infinity pool. All granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and beautiful showers.
4) Top quality management who are from the USA and have lived there for years and speak the language fluently. They can assist you in whatever you wish to do
5) Water. We have two in ground tanks so you don't have to worry about whether the locals are going to turn off the water at the wrong time (believe me, it happens)
6) Our secure location in Los Altos de Cacique is excellent. Monkeys often come through. Every home is custom. Our neighbors are wonderful (they own one of the best restaurants in the area) and quite sociable if you wish.
7) 40 Minutes from excellent surfing in Tamarindo. A zipline is only 25 minutes from the house. A beautiful waterfall/swimming area is about 35 minutes.
8) We are 5 minutes between nightlife, good shopping, and good restaurants in Playa del Coco and a beautiful bluestar beach and elegant restaurants in Playa Hermosa.
9) A great blend of 1st and 3rd world cultures
We look forward to having you as our guest.
Tom & Helen
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- 2 story
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Mobile Phone:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch / Veranda
Dec - Jan $1250/week Christmas/New Years: $2100 Nov $1150/week: Feb - April $1200/week (Easter $1500) May - July $950/week: Aug - Oct $900/week July 4th week: $1150/week Additional discounts for stays longer than 10 days 50% deposit to hold; $300 security deposit; $50 cleaning cost;$75 dog fee Minimum 3 nights stay - call or email for rates for other options.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The location shown on the map is incorrect. We are not in the town of Coco. Rather we overlook the town of Coco by about 1/2 mile east as the crow flies. We are off of Hwy 159 about halfway between Hwy 151 going to Coco and Playa Hermosa. You can get to Coco via a road that goes down the cliff or going back to the hwy.
Year Purchased: 2006
About: My daughter took this photo of me surfing for the first time in Tamarindo. The greatest thing about visiting my place in Costa Rica is the feeling of serenity. Of course there's much to do. At the same time, after a short period, one feels the tranquility of the country. I promise, it's hard to leave after just a week or so. Enjoy. :) PS - when looking at the map, we are located on HWY 159 past the right angle turn on the first road to the left.
Why Coco, Costa Rica:
It was a bit of good fortune. A friend recommended the area and when visiting we were directed to the 'private' beaches that are part of Los Altos de Cacique. The water was so clear and warm with abundant fish that we decided, on the spot, to buy a house we had found in the development that was 60% completed. It took a bit of doing but we are extremely happy with how things turned out.
- Primary: +1 4152510011
- Secondary: +506 83010003
Porch View Including Private Infinite Pool
Sunset from master bedroom balcony
Amazing sunset. This photo was not doctored.
Monkeys near our house
Local souvenir shop in Playa del Coco
"private" secluded beach near house
"La Finesterra" restaurant in Playa Hermosa. Amazing views. Great food 5 minutes
Renate w/ big fish caught at "private" beach.
Front of house
Great Room for entertaining or relaxing
Back of house
Small Lake and waterfall in park near house
"private" secluded beach w/ fantastic snorkeling near the house
zipline 25 minutes from house
Anne & Bengt, owners of "Ginger" a terrific Asian tapas restaurant in Hermosa
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Response time Within 2 days
- Response rate 80%
- Calendar last updated 02/09/2017
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.