Year-Round Cottage by Lake Ontario, Rochester, Hilton, NY(50 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
-Serene 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath, sleeps 6
Relive your cottage memories! Come to relax, to chat around the outdoor fireplace, sun bathe, hike, or read a good book!
This 1100 sq. ft. heated year-round cottage is on a cul-de-sac along the shores of Lake Ontario. It's located in Hilton New York - a beautiful northwestern suburb of Rochester, New York. Located far enough away to enjoy a secluded retreat from everyday life, but close enough to experience all that Rochester has to offer.
The cottage is nestled on the south side of the road, on a private 50x250 lot backing up to dense wood. The lake is on the north side of the road. There is little traffic. There is a beach area that has neighborhood walk-in privileges to use. This unique location consists of cottages, and homes. It is a 2 minute walk from the Braddock Point Lighthouse which is now a Bed and Breakfast and holds intimate wedding ceremonies. There is also a tiny public green space with a fantastic vantage point to watch the sunset next to the lighthouse.
Additional Information: Conveniently located 2 minutes from the scenic Lake Ontario Parkway, this serene setting provides fresh clean air and the opportunity to kick back, and take things a bit more slowly.
Inside the cottage is spotlessly clean and airy with new paint and decorations throughout.
This is an optimal place to surround yourself with peace and quiet. The cottage is the perfect mix of a lakeside retreat and a woodland cabin. The private setting is enhanced by a deep lot, surrounded by trees, and the benefit of not being sandwiched between neighboring houses.
The outdoor fireplace provides a beautiful ambiance to relax by.
This is a delightful gem of a place to get away to unwind. Whether it is quiet solitude and reflection or days filled with activities you will find it all here.
Included at no extra charge: high speed Internet connection for guests with laptops, digital phone which allows free local and long distance calls in the U.S.A., and cable television.
Additional Things to do:: Metro Rochester is within a 30 minutes drive. There are great restaurants, theaters, Rochester Redwings baseball, Rhinos soccer, planetarium, science museum, a zoo, and night clubs. There are various festivals throughout the year.
Universities - State University College at Brockport -25 minutes, The University of Rochester-30 minutes, Rochester Institute of Technology-30 minutes, Saint John Fisher College -40 minutes Six Flags, Darien Lake Amusement and Water Park is 45 minutes away. Seabreeze Amusement park is 25 minutes away. Letchworth State Park called the 'Grand Canyon of the East' is 1 hour away.
Niagara Falls is 90 minutes away. View the mighty falls in various locations, take a trip on the Maid Of The Mist to get a close up look, and visit the casino ! Take the scenic route to the Falls and visit several wineries on the Niagara Wine Trail along the way.
The Finger Lakes Region is about an hour away - There are over 80 wineries to choose from in a scenic environment.
Owners comments: Summer of 2005 was the first time we offered the cottage for rent after two years renovating it! We have been blessed to meet wonderful guests from many different States and even Europe.
We had very favorable feedback. Guests comment on how spacious it is and that the rooms are much bigger than the photos show!
We delight in welcoming guests of every age. Our goal is to make you feel snug and immediately at home in our cottage.
We offer a 10% discount off of weekly and daily rates for 2 people or less with no overnight guests!
Hilton is a beautiful place to visit anytime of the year. Enjoy the chartreuse springs, golden summers, scarlet autumns and the snow white winters. Rent our cottage for an old fashion stress-free vacation away from day to day distractions. You will not be disappointed.
Hope to hear from you!
Ron and Mary
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2004
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- The rental cottage, surrounded by a canopy of trees, is always comfortable and with the lake breeze sets the stage for a restful night's sleep. The Master Bedroom has a Queen mattress and the second Bedroom has a twin and double bed. There is also a twin airbed. There are shutters in both bedrooms for privacy. The large awning style windows allow the lake breeze to keep the bedrooms cool. Both bedrooms have a portable fan for additional air circulation if needed. There is a closet in each bedroom with hangers for ample storage. The bedrooms are located down a hallway offering privacy from the main living area. Both bedrooms have berber carpet. There is a playpen and child gate provided for the convenience of guests traveling with young children. The second bedroom has a t.v, vcr, and large collection of videos...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Completely remodeled in 2005, with new siding, windows, fresh paint, ceramic tile, new rugs, and refinished wood floors! The kitchen, with a new fridge w/ ice maker and stove, has everything you need to prepare wonderful meals if you choose to dine in. There is additional seating at the counter bar and in the separate dining room. The utility room has a new washer and dryer, furnace, and utility tub. The living room features a television, ceiling fan, a sofa and love seat. The back den is a perfect place to sit, read, relax and enjoy the view of the forever wild woods. Outdoor cottage living is very important and our cottage features a patio table, chairs, umbrella, enclosed with a privacy fence to enjoy a leisurely day outside. There is an outdoor fireplace to enjoy an evening of relaxation and conversation under the stars with the warmth and gentle glow of the fire!...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 5 people
- Alarm Clock
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Outdoor Grill Gas
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mid Season 2017 Rate
Mar 26 - May 6, 2017
2 night min stay
Mid Season Fall 2017 Rate
Sep 10 - Jan 6, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
There are several places minutes away to explore the natural scenery of Lake Ontario including many boat launches and charter boat companies offering fishing excursions. Braddock Bay Paddlesports, 5 minutes south, offers canoe or kayak rentals to enjoy the serenity of the natural surroundings. Hamlin Beach State Park, 10 minutes west, is a picturesque park with miles of safe uncrowded beaches, picnic, and playground areas. Braddock Bay State Park, 5 minutes east, has a lookout, and playground.
Ontario Beach/Port of Rochester has a long pier and is a great place to eat an ice cream or burger featuring a beautiful beach with lifeguards on duty and the Dentzel Carousel. Parma Town Park offers playgrounds, basketball & tennis courts, and skate park.
Strong Museum is one of the top children's museums in the country, located in downtown Rochester, and Seabreeze Amusement Park is nearby.
Other Activities: shopping, boating, Hilton Apple Fest 10/4 & 10/5
Golf: There are several Public Golf Courses within a 10- 30 minute drive of the cottage. These include Lakeshore, Pinewood, Genesee Valley, Durand Eastman, and Twin Hills.
Summertime at the cottage.
View from the street.
Living room with view of counter bar seating.
View of full bed in second bedroom.
Curl up with a book in the relaxing den.
Fully equipped kitchen.
View of kitchen bistro table overlooking living room.
Washer and Dryer area.
Sunset view at Hamlin Beach located within a 10 minute drive of our cottage.
Private outdoor eating area.
View of Lake Ontario.
Front of the house under a canopy of trees.
Roomy living room.
Tranquil master bedroom.
View of twin bed in second bedroom with flat screen tv and dual VHS/DVD player.
Hallway leading to bedrooms.
Dining room area.
Satellite view. Cottage circled.
Outdoor patio area.
Enjoy a cool evening sitting by the fireplace
Another beautiful sunset at Hamlin beach
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.