7 massive suites on Private Island with pool, bar and main living area
Gecko Vacation Rentals
About Gecko Vacation Rentals
Property designed, built and managed by Texas couple that have been visiting and building in Placencia since 2001.
Pool / Spa
Pets allowed - Must be approved. Additional charges may apply.Must be approved. Additional charges may apply.
Parties/events allowed - Must be approved. Additional charges may apply.Must be approved. Additional charges may apply.
Smoking allowed - Outdoors OnlyOutdoors Only
Max guests: 28 (sleeps up to 18 adults) - 18 adults and 10 children maximum18 adults and 10 children maximum
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Fantastic place and vacation!
We loved so much about our vacation. The property was beautiful, the staff incredible, the meals so delicious. We worked with Henry before our stay, he picked us up at the airport, everything was smooth. Oswin and Mike catered to our every needs. Mike is an incredible chef. We all would highly recommend this property. To enhance our stay, having adult size paddleboards would have been excellent - this was our only disappointment. Other than that, really everything else was fabulous.
Slice of paradise
Our group of friends have been vacationing together all around the world for the past 29 years and the Enclave May be our best experience yet. The property is gorgeous and lacks for nothing. Placencia is charming with endless possibilities for excursions. Best of all was the amazing staff on the island - to a person, they were so friendly, helpful and great hosts. We can’t recommend this private island experience enough!!!
Amazing vacation, location, staff and facilities
I'll start with the bad -- only because it's shortest and easiest.
1. The bugs are a little bit of a problem. It was sunny the first few days, so they weren't out. But the last few, it was cloudy and they came out in force. Be prepared and keep the bug spray on. We also tried garlic pills and Skin So Soft.
2. The sand isn't soft -- it's pretty much rock solid. It hurts to walk on without sandals. The pics look soft, but it isn't. But that was a non-issue -- more of a heads up.
3. Some of the "games" need some love. The cornhole boards were rotted through, pool table, ping pong table and shuffleboard tables a little warped & fishing poles only allow for a 20ft cast. Yes, you can tell now that I'm reaching! But those are the only things I can think of!!
As for the good - EVERYTHING else!!!!!!
1. The location is amazing as you are so close to all the restaurants/shops/bars in Placencia (some of our group actually swam across). But you can also be totally secluded on your island. If you haven't been to Placencia, it's really cool. More beach bars, restaurants, coffee houses and shops than you can see in a week - but not too many!
2. The houses are all in perfect condition. Very nicely decorated and they didn't skimp on anything or take any shortcuts.
3. The staff. They were all great. Very friendly and accommodating. Anything you want, they will help. Any time. We didn't stay up late -- but I'm pretty sure if we needed something in the middle of the night, they would have done it with a smile. This should be #1 as far as "rank" -- but I'm just flying off the top of my head right now.
4. The food. Don't overthink the menu. Just say yes to what they suggest. George did a fantastic job. It's tough to have 14 people like a meal -- but he did it EVERY single time.
5. The layout. It was absolutely perfect having your own house -- and then two gathering areas. The two gathering areas were each great and allowed for a fairly decent sized group of 14 to feel very comfortable -- with plenty of space (way more than enough) to roam.
Biggest tip -- hit up Duty Free in Belize City BEFORE you get through Customs!!! Once you get to Placencia, prices on liquor are 3x or 4x. You can always drink the local liquors for normal prices though. But if you want a specific brand (the girls in our group love Tito's) -- then stock up in BZE BEFORE you get to customs. There are DF shops after customs, but you can't buy there.
Perfect in every way!
It took me a while to write this review because I had to come down from all of the pampering! First a BIG shout out to Oswin, George, Mario, and Marlow! There was not one need that they didn't attend to. Any problem that might have arose was dealt with immediately, even if it was a complete inconvenience. Oswin was our on-site concierge. He was wonderful. He was even kind enough to break out his bar tending and swimming skills! George, our chef, came through with every single meal. Perfection! He even made reservations for us at a local restaurant when we wanted to go to the mainland. (Highly recommend the Rumfish in Placencia). Mario and Marlow were our boat drivers and handymen. No matter how many trips we wanted to take into the island, they were more than happy to do so! To say that they went above and beyond for us would be an understatement. They were part of our group by the end of the week with invitations to visit us all in the States! The cleaning crew was terrific. The beautiful rooms were kept impeccable. They were even brave enough to do our laundry for us twice during the stay! And I could not have planned this trip without my man, Henry! He was there to reassure me throughout the whole planning process. He took it the extra mile in every step, from the menu planning, to the airport, to the massages and last minute excursions. We had to make a last minute flight change for one couple and it was done with complete ease. The one downfall would be the sandflies. We all came home with bug bites, but we know this is not something that can be helped. It just goes with the territory. The staff does spray on a daily basis and we are instructed to either be off the island or inside. We usually hit up the indoor game room at this time. It only takes about a half hour a night. For one of the nights, Mario even offered to take us on a sunset cruise. For our return trip, we will know to bring some brightly colored pants and shirts to wear in the early mornings or evenings at sunset. And we will all be returning!!! Thank you Enclave staff! It was PERFECT!!!
12 of us traveled to this private island for a friend's birthday. Talia was very helpful and thorough with all of our pre-arrival questions.
Upon arrival to BZE airport, our group was personally escorted through security to board the smaller plane (Maya Air) to transport us to Placencia. We were warmly greeted by Henry in Placencia. We arrived early, so our houses weren't quite ready. No problem, though. Henry provided beverages and told us about the island while we waited.
Mario then picked us up on the boat and took us directly to the island. It was a great opportunity to see the ocean and then... wow... The Enclave!
The friendly team greeted us with beverages, a smile, and a tour. Each house is beautiful! They are a little close together, but you cannot hear/see each other when you're inside. This was no issue for us. They are all modern, very clean and beautifully decorated! Our personal favorites were Woodpecker and Scarlet Macaw because of the views. It was so beautiful and peaceful to wake up to those amazing views! Laundry and cleaning service ladies were awesome too.
The chef (George) and assistant (Michael/Miguel and Marlon) were amazing! George prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for us every day. We own a restaurant, so good food is key for our travels. George did an amazing job with our meals and accommodated several of our guests' different dietary restrictions. The food and friendly service was a highlight for sure!!
It rained every day, but that wasn't a problem. There are so many activities on the island (and in town) that it didn't stop us from having fun. There are kayaks, ping pong, Jenga, corn hole, cards, volleyball, shuffleboard and an indoor "game" room.
Several of us got massages on the island and all were very good! We also went deep sea fishing and they cooked the fish that evening for us. I recommend these activities, along with the ATV tour and tubing tour (by Captian Jaks and Fred at Mayan World Tours). All were great activities!
We rented an extra golf cart and drove around Placencia. You could walk to a lot of shops, bars and restaurants, but it was fun riding the golf carts as well! The town is very laid back and every place we visited was friendly and good. You could also buy groceries and alcohol in town. Tip: buy ABC in duty free in BZE airport and bring a lot of bug spray (only negative here).
Overall, trip of a lifetime thanks to the beautiful island and staff!! THANK YOU x100!