Mattapoisett/Buzzards Bay Waterfront Summer Rental
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The Stalls is a summer residence located at 28 Ned’s Point Road, Mattapoisett, MA. Ned’s Point Road is a dead-end street leading to the Ned’s Point Lighthouse. The lighthouse and park is a major attraction for sailboarding with steady winds, free parking and water access. It's also a wonderful spot for picnics and kite flying!
Mattapoisett is on Buzzard's Bay between Fairhaven and Marion.
The property consists of The Stalls, a converted carriage house. There are three bedrooms and two baths upstairs. Downstairs there are three stalls with beds, a living room—dining room combination, kitchen and porch.
Direct water access with private beach and a dock! (No overnight boat tie-ups available; rental moorings may be available in harbor).
There is a small Bungalow on property. This adorable cottage, very close to the water, has one room consisting of two twin beds, living and dining areas, a kitchen (dishwasher/disposal/stove/frig/microwave), and a stall shower/toilet/dressing area. There is a limit of 2 people. Rental is separate from The Stalls. Please contact owner directly for specific information and availability of this cottage.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
No calls after 9PM ET
Member since: 2007
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Master bedroom has a king-size bed and private bath with shower. There is a sleeping porch. The other two bedrooms share the hall bathroom. Downstairs there are three beds in the original stalls for horses. There is a WC downstairs in the stalls room. As children, we loved sleeping in the stalls!...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bathrooms were updated with all new fixtures/flooring in 2011.
- The Stalls is a converted horse barn. The three original stalls are now occupied by beds. This is a true summer house on the waterfront. There is a fireplace for cool nights. A large lawn leads to a private beach area. There is a wonderful dock with float for boarding boats and swimming--and teak benches from which to enjoy the sunrise and sunset! The dock is not available for overnight boat tie-up; please contact the owner to discuss other options if you have a boat. Ned's Point Road is a residential road leading to a park and Ned's Point Lighthouse. The park is a major sail-boarding location with free parking and free water access. Please see our website for more pictures and a glimpse of summer life in Mattapoisett!...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
Cleaning is an estimate cost.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 6 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Mattapoisett is a pleasant New England coastal town with a large harbor on Buzzards Bay whose name is said to come from an old Indian word meaning 'a place of resting'. Settled about 1750, Mattapoisett was part of Rochester until 1857, when it was incorporated into a separate town. Historians believe that the sheltered harbor may have been used by European explorers long before any settlements in the community. There are, also, some Indian burial sites in the town.
Shipbuilding was established around 1740 and before the Civil War the principal businesses in the town were shipbuilding and whaling.
The old village offers a glimpse into the past with its many historic homes. Plaques on the old houses remind one of names made famous in bygone days. Many ships, including famous New Bedford whaling vessels, were built in the shipyards on our shores. Among the ships built here were the Acushnet, on which Herman Melville sailed. Ship Yard Park is the site of Jonathan Holmes’s shipyard.
Other Activities: Major wind-surfing beach nearby
- Primary: +1 7745824141 No calls after 9PM ET
- Secondary: +1 2032529271 7745824141
Entering The Stalls - Street side
View from the raised walled terrace--called "The Magic Circle"
Our Dock--a favorite place to enjoy the sunsets and swimming
A view to the harbor
Enjoying the water view from the deck
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Response time Within a few hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 05/24/2016
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.