Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Built in 1871 Victorian cottage in the Glen of Rothes in the heart of Speyside
On upper floor both rooms are spacious bedrooms of equal floor area with original wooden floorboards tastefully painted. With hanging rails and full length mirrors. One has an original feature cast iron fire place (not operational) and both bedrooms have a table with seating.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children not allowed - There is a road and stream nearby & no stair gate There is a road and stream nearby & no stair gate
No pets - No pets in the cottage at anytime No pets in the cottage at anytime
Max guests: 4 (sleeps up to 4 adults) - Based on 4 sharing 2 Kingsize bedrooms Based on 4 sharing 2 Kingsize bedrooms
Minimum age of primary renter: 25 - Primary guest must be 25 making the booking Primary guest must be 25 making the booking
- I respect that’s guests can’t leave my home as clean as on arrival. I do not charge a cleaning fee unlike most establishments.
- ALL dishes, pans, utensils and grill pan/oven to be left clean and put away as you found them. Kitchen worktops and all tables to be wiped down
- I work an honesty box for all damages-breakages and usage of washing machine & Dryer there is detergent under sink. £1 per load per machine.
A Speysider born and bred brought up at The Macallan Distillery on the Easter Elchies Estate. I am a carpenter and joiner to trade and have run my own businesses for many years including 10 years as a local tour guide to the Speyside area and North East Highlands of Scotland from Inverness in the west to Aberdeen in the east and Aviemore in the south.
Roy purchased this cottage in 1989
Why Roy chose Aberlour
If it’s countryside & Speyside you want, yet not far from a town or villages then The Kennels located in the Glen of Rothes (route A941) only 10 minutes from the town of Elgin or 4 minutes from the village of Rothes and 10 to 15 minutes drive takes you to the villages of Craigellachie -Aberlour - Dufftown
What makes this cottage unique
There are more than 12 distilleries you can visit within 30 minutes drive of the cottage. Including: Glen Grant 2.5 miles The Macallan 6 miles Glen Moray 9 miles Aberlour 8 miles Cardhu 9 miles Glenfiddich 10 miles Balvenie 10 miles Ballindalloch 15 miles Glenrinnes 13 miles Strathisla 16 miles The Glenlivet 21 miles Benromach 21 miles Ballindalloch 15 miles (23 minutes drive) ( new single Estate distillery) Glenrinnes ( Eightlands Gin)16 miles (26 minutes drive)