Barefoot Landing Yacht Club - Top Ten List
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
There will be plenty of time for fun and laughter when you arrive, but right now you want to make a good decision that will meet your needs. Instead of trying to ‘sell’ you on our rental, we will simply be delighted if we meet your needs and expectations. Let’s then move forward to having you as one of our guests. Here is OUR Top Ten List:
10. RATES - We are all very much aware of the financially challenging times in which we live. I use to think that no matter how bad times got people will still take their vacation. That is just not true this time around. Inquiries are way down. The only thing I know to do is to make sure I have the lowest rental rates. I have checked and rechecked my competition to make sure I have the lowest price. Now I need your help. It will not do any good to say ‘my budget is such and such, will you give me a 10 per cent discount or $100 off’. If you want a lower price, you must do your homework. Email me the lower price you find and the web link. I need to make sure we are comparing apples to apples. Expect to be rewarded for your efforts with a lower rate than the one you found.
9. PICTURES - Our website has sixteen photos. That is the limit VRBO allows. Whomever coined the phrase ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ was a wise person. VERY IMPORTANT! CLICK ON VIDEO LINK ABOVE FIRST PICTURE UPPER LEFT OF THIS WEB PAGE. THIS HELPS TO TIE IN ALL SIXTEEN STILL PHOTOS.
8. FURNISHINGS - My wife and I live in Davidson, N.C., outside of Charlotte. Our home is beautifully decorated and our guests always love to look around. You can tell from their faces that they are somewhat in awe (my wife cooks too!) We both know the value of quality furnishing. We were speechless when we first walked into this villa. How could an owner rent out such a tastefully decorated home? It would be like renting out the Biltmore Estate.
7. GOLF - (Skip to # 6 if this is not on your radar) My office wall has two certificates prominently displayed for TWO holes-in-one! My words are not those of a novice: directly behind this villa are FOUR of the finest golf courses in this area of South Carolina. Each course was designed by the best names in the business: Pete Dye, Greg Norman, Davis Love III, and Tom Fazio. Should this not be enough to get your heart racing, consider that there are more then 100 golf courses less than an hour away.
6. YACHTS - Those of you who are blessed enough to be pulling up to our villa in a yacht, there is nothing to say here that you do not already know. How wonderful is it to be sitting on ‘your’ balcony looking down on your boat.
5. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION - You have heard the phrase from every Realtor you know - enough said. You are located one half mile to the beach, on the Inland Waterway, next to SC’s largest swimming pool, steps from Barefoot Landing’s Shopping/Eating/Entertainment Complex, and have four golf courses you can walk to out your back door. If you know of a better location than this, please let me know-I’m selling and moving there.
4. HOUSEKEEPING - We have the absolute best housekeeper there is! No one wants to begin their vacation by walking into a dirty place. You will be given the cell phone number of our housekeeper. If you open the door and find the appearance and cleanliness not up to your high standards, please call him, and he will be there immediately to make you happy.
3. LOCKS - Strange thing to put on this list, isn’t it? The locks on this villa are Schlage, the best available. This model in particular is very high tech. The combination numbers will be easy for you to remember, because they are the last four digits of your home phone number.
2. COMMENTS - No owner of a villa in this location could resist embellishing the description of their property. Let me assure you that if there was a club for us, my fellow owners would elect me President. The best source of an honest evaluation of a rental property is from the guests that have stayed there. After reading this, please scroll down to the past guest comments before you do anything else.
1. MISCELLANEOUS - WIRELESS HIGH SPEED INTERNET at your finger tips. There is a lot of additional information to email you and standing by to answer any particular questions you might have. In the additional information I will emailing you various web addresses of other owners. You will learn a lot from their websites while you are comparing prices. Moving to the next step is easy. Just fill our the adjacant form and click 'Email Owner' and I'll take it from there. Before emailing us check the calendar to see about availability for the dates you want and carefully read about the rental rates. The rates are current(NOT subjected to change), and there is a section of 'fine print'.
HIGHLIGHTS IN REVIEW: 1)If you are requesting a lower price than our posted rate, then we need the web link to the lower priced one you are considering. 2)Check calendar for availability before submitting an inquiry. 3)Review the 16 pictures and video. 4)Read comments by past guests. 5)Thank you so much for considering our place.
I usually respond to an inquiry within 24 hours of receipt. If you haven't heard from me within that frame period, check the calendar for availability. I usually don't respond if we don't have availability. Next try your spam. Sometimes I get caught there. Last but not least call me at 704-896-1995 (Peter)
ONCE YOU SUBMIT AN INQUIRY, YOUR FIRST COMMUNICATION WILL COME FROM VRBO/HOMEAWAY. VERY IMPORTANT TO READ IT CAREFULLY ESPECIALLY IN REGARD TO SECURITY.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2002
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
CURRENT WEEKLY RATES: Summer - mid-June to mid-August $1295, first two weeks of June and last two of August $995, May $895, September and April $795, October $695, November thru March $495 (long weekend $345). Only weekly June thru August (Sat to Sat). September thru May can rent long weekends at 1/2 weekly rate and a week stay can begin any day but Saturday. $200 fee for Holiday periods (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years) or 7+ people. Refundable $200 security deposit. Bring your own linen/towels or rent ours $75. Sales tax 12%. Cleaning fee $75.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
As you are sitting there on the balcony, favorite drink in hand, you are overlooking boats coming up and down the Inland Waterway. Wouldn't it be cool if your boat was down at the dock? (Should that be case; call me ASAP. I'll be right down, and you will be getting a discount in your rental rate to boot) Every once and awhile look down and see if you see the kids at the pool. It will take you a minute or two or three. Your eyes have to cover a lot of space. It is, in fact, the largest swimming pool in South Carolina you know. Is that your wife you hear yelling? Her arms are a waving from across the waterway over at Barefoot Landing. No, it is the woman next to your wife who is waving. The woman your wife had to persuade to wave as she yells because she's holding all of her purchases. Thank goodness you did not pay dip in rent, so you can smile and wave back. Be forewarned she hasn't gone yet to just down the road to the Outlet Shopping and the Shopping Mall. Life is good.
Year Purchased: 2005
About: My name is Peter Cole, and I am the owner’s representative. I went to the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, VA. Presently live in Davidson, just outside of Charlotte, NC. I wear many hats: an oceanfront, resort, rental condo owner; property manager; rental agent; dog tender (That is Mazie in the picture. Spends most of her day on the rug by me at my desk.) and my favorite; loving husband to the beautiful woman in the picture with me. As a Medicare card carrying senior, I look back over a full life. My chosen life ‘occupation’ (my Mother could never bring herself to call it a 'job') was to take teens on a cross country camping trip; 3000 teens in all, spanning 33 years. My nephew, Doug Gill, slipped into my shoes as I stepped into my retirement. Now he has passed it on to Sassy Smyth. Curious? Do a google search, 'tctw'. My friends and relatives worried about my having too much time on my hands in retirement so they gave me their resort properties to manage. My reputation as a good manager/agent grew. Now 12 properties fill my stable. It was 1967 when I took ownership of my first rental property. In the years since, I have bought and sold 11. I come to you with a lot of experience. I do not take lightly the importance of your vacation. I want to match your needs with the properties I represent. There are 24 pictures, a video and lots of verbiage. I am here to answer all your questions.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
South Carolina's largest swimming pool is at your finger tips. Watch boats go up and down the Intercoastal Waterway and your wife shopping at Barefoot Landing from 'your'/our balcony. There is a free shuttle to the beach (mile away).
- Primary: 704-896-1995
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
It is just hard to imagine a better sight than this. Wouldn't you agree?
Up close and personal. Imagine what it will be like laying around this pool.
Entering the foyer. Two bedrooms right. Kitchen, dining/living, master BR left.
A great bedroom with lots of room.
Queen size bed for the 3rd bedroom.
Double sinks no less. You would expect as much going first class.
There is nothing missing in this fully stocked kitchen
A great gathering place for friends/family to talk about their day.
A good size TV to enjoy your favorite shows.
Master bedroom with a king bed as you would expect. Plenty of room.
You have just opened the curtains in the master bedroom. WOW, what a view.
As expected double sinks for the master.
You won't be complaining about pool size, SC largest. Our unit, 5th floor, end
5th floor, far left, corner unit windows on side. Great angle for max viewing.
Second bedroom. Has a full size bath with it. Queen beds.
All bedrooms and living room have TVs
There is a shower/tub combo in bedroom 2 and 3.
Leaving the back bedrooms please note the window to right. Advantage end units.
Friends and family gather to break bread together.
Another living room view. Plenty of space to spread out.
Picture yourself sitting there enjoying the view.
A TV fit for the master of the house.
No combo here. The master gets the royal treatment.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Response time Within a few days
- Response rate 30%
- Calendar last updated 11/16/2016
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.