Charming Secluded, Lakefront Home on Lake Hartwell(46 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Master bath has Jacuzzi tub. Sleeps 6.
Great rental. Cozy in the woods. Right on the lake.. Everything you need is right here. Pets considered. When pets are allowed, we ask that they not be on any furniture. I do use the red sofa covers when a pet is here, just in case. If I did not put them on by mistake, please find them in the master closet in the top drawer. And we thank you so much.
Wi fi is available. The Password is located in the master bedroom on the bottom of the router where it says PASSWORD. Use that password and you will be connected.
Directions for using the TV's are located in the living room, under the glass on the coffee table top. There are very specific directions for which controller to use for what and the order in which to push the buttons. There will be no difficulties when done in this order. And again, we thank you so much. Neither of us is very 'techy,' and me not at all.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
All age children welcome. We love to have children come. For safety sake, PLEASE do not leave your children alone on the dock or walkways. And ALL small children MUST wear life jackets when on the dock, walkways, or anywhere near the water. And an adult must be on GUARD duty. There is NO JUMPING from the upper deck. We are asked this frequently. This is a Corp of Engineer's rule of safety, as well as ours. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Our home is one level and is accessible from the home to the dock without traversing any step downs. The travel would be across a very dense lawn, the small bridge you see in the pictures, oh, and a 1/2 step down here to the brick and concrete path to the dock. It would not be an easy wheelchair commute, but it would be do-able with the aide of a strong care giver. Or you could go out the door on the drive way side and be on solid surface the entire way. This would be far easier and just a few steps longer and well worth the view from the dock. ...moreless
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Exceptionally Large Master Bedroom Suite with 2 large walk in closets. Windows on 2 walls with one full wall of windows facing lake, courtyard, and adjacent woods. Executive size desk and internet add to the usability of this room for the business person. The large TV completes the picture. Smaller bedroom has wall of windows looking out to park like bluff area with family type bench swing and sturdy single swing. 'Very peaceful / serene' is our most frequent comment. A computer desk and chair have been added. Adjacent bathroom can be private for this room alone, or opened to the dining area as well as this bedroom. Queen sized blow up floor bed available upon request for extra $20.00. There is plenty of room on the floor to add this in the master bedroom. May be useful for small child who needs same bedroom as parents and low to floor for safety. Closets large enough for port-a-crib for private infant bedroom. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Master bath has private water closet, separate shower with built in seating, double vanities, jacuzzi hot tub, and stained glass window. Smaller bathroom has pocket door connecting it to smaller bedroom for occupant's complete privacy, and a second door connecting it to dining area making it accessible to main living area as well as for private use by 2nd bedroom occupant. ...moreless
- House is 1 level and easily accessible (no step) from driveway to house. No steps inside house. Open floor plan. From house to dock would require 0 step downs from driveway side to solid surface (brick and concrete) to walkway to dock. Land is a gradual slope to dock, not a steep descent. This would allow occupant of wheelchair to enjoy dockside lake activities while sitting on lower level of dock. Sunsets here are lovely, very serene. Please ask about our lake level. This is a nearly private deep water cove. However, we have had to chase water during droughts and 'dam maintenance,' low water times. When this occurs, we have approximately 6 steps from the walkway to the shore. During those times, it would be very difficult, even unsafe , to try to get a wheelchair occupant to the dock. So please ask owners before booking. Our goal is for your safety first, and your pleasure and memorable experience second. We love return visitors and hope you will be among them. ...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
Prefer no more than 2 vehicles, and prefer parking near to drive way door so large door to workshop is not blocked. If there is a third car, please use service driveway, or ask owners for directions....moreless
- Parking Off Street:
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Water Cooler
- Ice Maker
- Beach Chairs
Many guests have received pontoon rides provided by owners. And you may bring your own boat, or rent from a local marina, (ie Harbor Light #706-356-4119), tie to our dock, and enjoy. See canoe note....moreless
- Boat Dock
- Child's Swing
- Deck / Patio:
- Inflatable Boat
- Kayak / Canoe:
Lawn / Garden:
Lawn on driveway side and lake side. Very plush. And Yes, you may walk on it. People DO ask us. PLEASE DO NOT allow your pet to 'GO' either #1 or #2 on the lawns. That 'business' is for the woods....moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- maintenance / cleaning $100
- Pet Fee $100
- Taxes Not included
Cleaning fee is variable.
For a 2 night stay, the cleaning fee is $50.00.
For a stay of 3 nights, the cleaning fee will be $75.00.
For 4 or more nights, the cleaning fee will be $100.00.
For 4 people or more, not in the same family--ie--2 couples as opposed to a family with 3 kids--the cleaning fee would be $100.00.
This fee does NOT apply to bookings already on the calendar.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Lake Hartwell , a man-made lake bordering Georgia and South Carolina, is one of the largest and most popular public recreation lakes is the southeast. It has a shoreline of 962 miles. Our home sits on almost 11 acres of that land with 1032 feet of shoreline. There are many public parks and marinas close by. Fishing is legal anywhere on the lake with either a GA or SC license. Visit nearby waterfalls. Play golf. Go rafting or canoeing on the Chattooga River, or use our canoe for a more leisurely ride. Enjoy Clemson University sports or visit the Botanical Garden. Go hiking at trails of all levels of difficulty. Go boating or water skiing. Tie your boat to our dock, the largest private dock (we're told) on the lake, in the deep water cove we call home. Relax and enjoy.
Front of house facing lake and lush front lawn.
Side view of Lake House
Fully equipped kitchen with convection oven, microwave, electric & glass cooktop
Dining area with seating for 6 at table & 4 at bar. Maximum occupancy-6 guests
Master Bedroom suite with king bed, 2 closets, and large connecting bath.
Master bedroom showing large desk for the business traveler. Wi fi connection.
Master Bathroom With Jacuzzi and Separate walk in Shower with built in seat.
One of 2 matching vanities in master bath. Walk in shower with bench here.
Private bathroom for smaller bedroom with 2nd door opening to main living area.
Bridge leading to dock from front lawn and leading to concrete walkway to dock.
Largest dock on Lake Hartwell in almost private cove. Peaceful. Quiet. Serene.
Bench type & single swing on shady bluff outside back door. Watch 4 deer here.
Gently sloping concrete path leading to dock. Note sturdy handrail for safety.
Back entrance to Lake House coming from driveway.
View of bar and kitchen from great room.
Great room with working fireplace. hardwood floors, and area rug. Large TV.
Master bedroom suite, attached bathroom/2 vanities, Jacuzzi, & walk in shower.
Master bedroom wall of windows facing front yard woods, and lake / dock..
Jacuzzi hot tub & stained glass window. Walk in shower to right of tub.
Bedroom with twin beds, desk for the business traveler, & connecting bathroom.
Front lawn with bridge to the left leading to brick, then concrete path to dock.
You've crossed the bridge and you're on your way to the largest dock on the lake
View of Lake Hartwell facing "Big Water" Beautiful scene at dawn, dusk, all day.
Laundry room with new washer,older dryer & utility tub at back entrance.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.