Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Bedroom 1 (upstairs) has a large king size pine bed as well as a single pine bed. Bedroom 2 (downstairs) has a "French" double bed.
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 5
- Due to the lake in the grounds, the property is not suitable for young children, however, we are prepared to discuss this. Smoking is allowed within the gardens but not in the Gite. Breakages are not normally charged for, but we do appreciate being advised should they occur. Gite has it's own gate so guests can come and go freely without problem.
Hosted by Ian & Frances WoollardAsk a question
About Ian & Frances Woollard
We are a "young" retired couple and moved to France September 2015 from the Somerset area. We enjoy meeting new people and new challenges. We chose to make this area our home after visiting friends here over a period of time and found it peaceful and enjoyable.
Ian & Frances Woollard purchased this cottage in 2015
Why Ian & Frances Woollard chose Saint-Gonnery
We chose this property because we fell in love with it at first site. The location is tranquil and peaceful yet within easy reach of all amenities with the towns of Loudeac about 5 miles away and Pontivy 8 miles away with a number of smaller towns and villages nearby. We could happily just sit and look at the lake and grounds with the birds and squirrels all day. We provide a welcome pack which includes a bottle of both red & white wines, water, fruit juice, milk, sugar tea, coffee, biscuits, eggs, salt & pepper, a loaf of bread, butter and jam. Our kitchen is supplied with as many utensils as we can think of including a set of kitchen knives. We also supply foil, cling film, paper towels, a selection of spices, bin & dustbin bags and toilet rolls. so you don't have to worry.
What makes this cottage unique
Unique is not how I would describe our place because very little "is unique". We do however have a peaceful setting to offer for those that want "to get away from it all". If you are inclined you are welcome to fish our lake which has Roach, Rudd, Bream & Carp. You may just want to sit in the sun and read, do photography, paint or enjoy a host of other pastimes. Whatever your choice you can be sure of a peaceful time (local farmers permitting). The gite is suitable for the partially disabled (not wheelchair bound) as it has both a downstairs bedroom and shower room/toilet.
- english, french, We have a little French and trying to improve.