Suttons Holiday House is at the southern end of Whangaumu Bay on the internationally acclaimed Tutukaka Coast. The magnificent coastline, offshore islands and the Poor Knights Marine Reserve are MUST DOs for all visitors.
AA Traveller describes The Tutukaka Coast Road as "winding through original native bush, past dazzling coastlines, white sand beaches, harbours, estuaries, booming surf and picturesque towns."
SOME THINGS TO DO :
* Enjoy panoramic views over the surrounding coastline from the LOOKOUT between Ngunguru and Tutukaka Block Road.
* Do the 20 minute walk around the coast (at low tide) between Whangaumu Bay and Ngunguru.
* Walk up to the lookouts at both ends of Whangaumu Street for panoramic views. (Route has steps in steeper places.) Don't forget your camera!
* Swim or picnic at the other safe inner-harbour beaches like Church Bay, Pacific Bay and Kawharewa Bay. All accessed from Tutukaka Block Road and are excellent swimming alternatives to Whangaumu Bay should there be strong southerly/sou'easter winds.
* Laze on our large outdoor deck with a book.
* Try our selection of puzzles and games.
* Browse the shops at the Tutukaka Marina.
* Go diving at the Poor Knights Marine Reserve.
* Charter a boat at Tutukaka for a day's fishing.
* Whale Bay is a 'must-see' beach to visit.
* Surf's usually up at Sandy and Woolley's Bays
* Play golf, bowls or tennis at Ngunguru.
* Enjoy a barbecue on our large deck.
* At day's end, relax at Tutukaka Marina's Swordfish Club. Enjoy your favourite drink, watch the anglers' weigh-in of the day's catch and be sure to sample the Club's extensive seafood menu which also has excellent options for children.
Your holiday can be as laid-back or as action-packed as you wish.
*$300 refundable bond due 5 working days before start
*Please leave property tidy - see written instructions.
* NO PARTIES!
*Follow instructions for disposal of your rubbish.
*No smoking on the property grounds.
*No tents or additional overnight guests without prior permission.
* NO OPEN FIRES.
* Cleaning provided and included in rental but we would really appreciate your leaving the property looking tidy. Dishes and pots should be washed and replaced in the cupboards. A vacuum cleaner is in the garage.
* Follow written Instructions re disposal of your rubbish.
Extras: Cleaning (included); Linen (included); Refundable Bond (Required, NZ$300.00 per stay);