Secluded Spring Creek Cabin Hot Tub, Dish TV, Wifi, Pool Table(91 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 Bedrooms, 3 full baths, Twin Daybeds in loft and basement, Sleeps 10
Outside there is a hot tub on one of the decks with rockers provided for the usually excellent stargazing. In the yard the fire pit has some wood provided.
Big recent NEWS from Spring Creek Cabin:
!, We now have high speed internet and WiFi
2, The High Bridge on High Bridge Trail State Park is open. (all 34 miles)
3. A branch of the Museam of the Confederacy has opened in Appromattox.
4. Free long distance phone service is now available.
Shopping/Churches: The area has many of the national chains, including most restaurants, Wal Mart, and Lowes within 20 miles. The big store in town is Green Front Furniture in Farmville which occupies 12 huge warehouses with upscale items from around the world. Numerous antique and flea markets dot the area and an auction or estate sale occurs almost every weekend. Lynchburg is about 40 miles to the West and Richmond is about 70 miles to the East.
There is a large Amish population in the area and churches of most denominations are close by. The biggest of them being the Thomas Road Baptist in Lynchburg..
Nature: Deer and turkeys are plentiful and often seen from the decks or on the driveway. Rabbits and squirrels are also in the area. Birds from the occasional eagle or hawk to sparrows can be seen. Much more rare are bear and fox sightings.
The home is quiet inside and outside except for the sounds of nature.
The night sky is a treat for city dwellers. No man made lights can be seen from the rear deck and our own spiral galaxy, the Milky Way, is often visible as a faint band of light across the sky.
The 34 Mile High Bridge Trail is open to horses, walkers and non motorized bikes. It follows the old Norfolk & Western rail route through Farmville and over the Appomattox River as part of the rails to trails program. The trail's Western end is in Pamplin VA about 3 miles from the house. An easy horse ride on marked roads.
Relaxation: The comfortable beds are nice but the jetted tubs and the outdoor hot tub can help even the most stressed traveler. Even in the depths of winter it is worth a short sprint across the rear deck to experience the bubbles and water of the 98-104 degree jets.(easily adjusted to your liking)
A game of pool,foosball, cornhole, a video game, or a movie ( DVD player available) on the big screen is also available'
If quiet is your preference this is the spot for you. The nearest neighbor is about 1/2 mile away. Besides the crickets, about all you can hear is the occasional faint rooster or cow..
The new DISH HOPPER TV system allow you to watch any primetime show for the last 8 days. If you wait one day there is a selection that will eliminate the commercials for you.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- King and Queen room upstairs have DISH TV. Fifth bed area is twin daybed in loft or another in basement with big TV. 3 zone heat and AC with back up generator and fireplace insures comfort throughout. The bedrooms combine with the decks to provide numerous getaway areas for reading or other quiet activities. Linens, including towels, are provided. Recreation areas are provided in both the basement and loft with some board games provided in addition to pool and foosball. The side and rear elevated decks provide attractive sitting areas in addition to the large front porch which has fans for warmer days....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Spacious bath on middle floor has well lit double sinks,rain like shower and six foot jetted tub so even tall people can enjoy a soak. Top floor bath has corner jetted tub (not as big) that maintains water temperature, Please no splashing in that area. Basement has basic tub shower combination. Some towels and starter soaps are provided.....moreless
- If something above is a deal breaker lets talk. We strive to provide most expected amenities and a few more. A circular fire pit is available with wood provided. The Hot Tub is kept hot and chemicals may be necessary after a few days. Instructions provided, New DISH Hopper system As to suitability for the elderly or disabled the middle floor provides all necessary facilities once the 5 entrance steps are dealt with or the basement with some sleeping options is walk in with no stairs. SEE 50 ADDITIONAL PICTURES with Link to 'Pictures' Just Above 'reviews' Section Below. Ipod dock available...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available:
- Filtered Water
- Free Local Calls
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone:
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Beach Towels
- Child's Swing
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Large Cooler
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Porch Furniture
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Spa Whirlpool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 10 - May 24, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 9 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Light cleaning 4-7 guest $100
- Tax Rate 5.3%
25%surcharge for holidays, homecomings and parents weekends.
5.3% Virginia Tax
GRADUATION 7 NIGHT RENTAL REQUIRED WITH 25% SURCHARGE
CLEANING FEE WAIVED FOR 3 OR LESS
CLEANING FEE $100.00 FOR 4-7 RENTERS
CLEANING FEE $150 FOR 8 OR MORE
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Farmville/ Appomattox area can provide a secluded,quiet, and restful experience if that is your wish. However great antiquing and furniture shopping by the acre is available at Green Front Furniture. Longwood University and Hampden Sydney College provide many events. athletically and otherwise.Appomattox Court House where our civil war ended, is the center of this history rich area. The newly opened Musem of the Confedracy is now open in Appomattox.
Wildlife is abundant from bears to birds.
The rural location provides excellent stargazing. The more active can walk or ride through the rough trails of the 100 A. property at their own risk, but the Western end of the New 34 mi. High Bridge Trail is just minutes away. The High Bridge of High Bridge Trail State Park opened to the public in early April 2012.
The newest additions include a hammock, horseshoes, cornhole and WiFi for those of a more leisurely bent.
Other Activities: The new Branch of The musem of the Confederacy opened in Appomattox in April of 2012.
Many nearby state parks provide hiking, boatong, fishing and picnicing oppertunities.
Golf: The Manor golf course in Farmville is highly rated and open to the public
Ski: The Wintergreen resort/ski area is a bit over 60 miles from the cabin and while it is not the Rockies, it can provide a fun day trip for a family.
Year Purchased: 1830
About the owner: I am retired and spend time improving the cabin and surrounding property.Our plan is to move there eventually though our condo requires considerably less upkeep.
Why the Owner Chose Pamplin, VA, USA:
The land has been in my family since before the civil war and my grandparents home (over 100 years old) on the property is being rehabed and may eventually house additional rental beds.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Renters seem to find a variety of things to enjoy about the place. I put considerable sweat equity into building the cabin and am very biased so perhaps reading the reviews may give you a more balanced view.
- Primary: +1 757 287-7030 9 am-9pm Eastern
- Secondary: +1 434 248-5041 Cabin land line
Can't guarentee snow but it happens
Master bedroom with king bed
Loft Game table with leather chairs
Pretty in the snow
Newest recreation available including horseshoes
Foosball and Pool available (the dry kind)
Cooking help available
It is springtime in Pamplin
Watch out for slow traffic
Trail "yield" sign and milage marker
Old Norfolk & Western (Now Norfolk Southern) mile marker. 146 miles to Norfolk
Firepit and chairs
Spring Creek Cabin Mailbox
Looking down on stairs and fireplace near front enterance
Great in hot or cold weather
Basement TV area
Living Area from kitchen
New table with comfortable seating for 8 or 10 good friends
Additional slow traffic
Pamplin end of High Bridge trail 3 miles from cabin
High Bridge from above
Above the treetops
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.