Our Winter Park, Colorado condo has all the amenities:
* Largest one-bedroom layout--6 adults can sleep and socialize comfortably
* Corner unit offers additional light, air, back-door entrance for convenience.
* Full-size kitchen with granite countertops and new appliances
* 55' LED TV with Blu Ray
* Living room is comfortable and spacious with gas fireplace
* Pool and hot tub right down the hall
* Back door connects to large shared patio with mountain views (patio not shoveled in winter)
* Comfortable queen-size bed, plus a Murphy bed and pull-out couch with upgraded memory foam mattress for comfort
* Ski Depot just outside our door--rent your skis here or store them overnight for no charge
* Shuttle stop just outside--one stop to the base area (or just ski there)
Six people sleep here comfortably. Some large groups staying in multiple locations have used our condo as a main gathering area, meeting for a group breakfast before a day of skiing, or for drinks after.
We have a great location and have put a lot of care and expense into upgrading the unit but there are some things you should know about Iron Horse that fall outside of our control yet may affect your decision to rent:
* The unit is warm when all windows are closed. The source of the heat is unclear (we've researched it with the HOA board and apparently it's just a fact of Iron Horse). We installed all new windows in the summer of 2016 to ensure that every window (five total) can be opened, as can the back door. We installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom and provide a floor fan in the living room. When we stay, we keep at least one window open all night, summer or winter, even in subzero weather. A few inches is usually enough in cold weather, and we love the mountain air. Fortunately, nights are cool winter and summer at 9,200 feet. If you are uncomfortable having windows open, you may be unhappy in our unit.
* Because the unit is ground level near the driveway, you may hear buses or snow-removal equipment when they are operating. The snow-removal machines start early in the morning and beep while backing up (although only on days with new snow). We've raised it with the Iron Horse board and they insist they cannot adjust the time the machines operate, so be aware that if it snows, you will hear beeping noises early morning for ten or twenty minutes. We've provided earplugs if you are a light sleeper--please check under the bathroom sink.
Iron Horse has a lot of fans (including us), and we book fully during the high seasons, with many happy repeat guests. We want you to be aware of these quirks of Iron Horse so that you can decide for yourself whether it's the right place for you.
The Iron Horse is located at the base of the mountain between the Winter Park and Mary Jane sides of the ski area. We're a short walk or shuttle bus ride to the main base area, which features many shops and restaurants. Be sure to visit Vertical Bistro & Tap, the best full-service restaurant in the area. Say hi to the owner, Tim Hubbard, a longtime friend (he's the guy in the photo at the top of a chute on a powder day).
The Iron Horse has two hot tubs onsite, an indoor/outdoor heated pool, and a steam room, with luxury locker rooms included for your use. There's also a fully outfitted exercise room with weights and cardio machines.
Winter Park is the third largest ski resort in Colorado and a local's favorite. It's known internationally as a mountain for serious skiers, with plenty of good runs for beginners and novices too (generally the steeper bumpier terrain is on the Mary Jane side and the blue-green cruisers are on the Winter Park side). There is a massive terrain park with half pipe, rails and jumps. There are also separate beginner and intermediate terrain parks. You can rent equipment onsite at Ski Depot, just across the drive from the condo.
Note that we ask a refundable $50 deposit to cover the replacement cost of the parking pass, fully refundable when you leave the pass in the unit for the next guest and the unit undamaged.