Reduced Feb! Ski-in, Ski-Out Luxury, Corner. Sleeps 6. Hot Tubs, Pool, 55" TV(45 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 6)
* Largest one-bedroom layout--6 adults can sleep and socialize comfortably
* Corner unit offers additional light, air, back-door entrance for convenience.
* Full-size kitchen with granite countertops and new appliances
* 55' LED TV with Blu Ray
* Living room is comfortable and spacious with gas fireplace
* Pool and hot tub right down the hall
* Back door connects to large shared patio with mountain views (patio not shoveled in winter)
* Comfortable queen-size bed, plus a Murphy bed and pull-out couch with upgraded memory foam mattress for comfort
* Ski Depot just outside our door--rent your skis here or store them overnight for no charge
* Shuttle stop just outside--one stop to the base area (or just ski there)
Six people sleep here comfortably. Some large groups staying in multiple locations have used our condo as a main gathering area, meeting for a group breakfast before a day of skiing, or for drinks after.
We have a great location and have put a lot of care and expense into upgrading the unit but there are some things you should know about Iron Horse that fall outside of our control yet may affect your decision to rent:
* The unit is warm when all windows are closed. The source of the heat is unclear (we've researched it with the HOA board and apparently it's just a fact of Iron Horse). We installed all new windows in the summer of 2016 to ensure that every window (five total) can be opened, as can the back door. We installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom and provide a floor fan in the living room. When we stay, we keep at least one window open all night, summer or winter, even in subzero weather. A few inches is usually enough in cold weather, and we love the mountain air. Fortunately, nights are cool winter and summer at 9,200 feet. If you are uncomfortable having windows open, you may be unhappy in our unit.
* Because the unit is ground level near the driveway, you may hear buses or snow-removal equipment when they are operating. The snow-removal machines start early in the morning and beep while backing up (although only on days with new snow). We've raised it with the Iron Horse board and they insist they cannot adjust the time the machines operate, so be aware that if it snows, you will hear beeping noises early morning for ten or twenty minutes. We've provided earplugs if you are a light sleeper--please check under the bathroom sink.
Iron Horse has a lot of fans (including us), and we book fully during the high seasons, with many happy repeat guests. We want you to be aware of these quirks of Iron Horse so that you can decide for yourself whether it's the right place for you.
The Iron Horse is located at the base of the mountain between the Winter Park and Mary Jane sides of the ski area. We're a short walk or shuttle bus ride to the main base area, which features many shops and restaurants. Be sure to visit Vertical Bistro & Tap, the best full-service restaurant in the area. Say hi to the owner, Tim Hubbard, a longtime friend (he's the guy in the photo at the top of a chute on a powder day).
The Iron Horse has two hot tubs onsite, an indoor/outdoor heated pool, and a steam room, with luxury locker rooms included for your use. There's also a fully outfitted exercise room with weights and cardio machines. For meals, visit La Collina, a terrific Italian restaurant featuring a great by-the-glass wine list.
Winter Park is the third largest ski resort in Colorado and one of only 10 U.S. ski resorts highlighted in the New York Times' 2010 Ski Guide. It's known internationally as a mountain for serious skiers, with plenty of good runs for beginners and novices too. There is a massive terrain park with half pipe, rails and jumps. There are also separate beginner and intermediate terrain parks. If you're renting equipment, ask about our Ski Depot discounts!
Note that we ask a refundable $50 deposit to cover the replacement cost of the parking pass, fully refundable when you leave the pass in the unit for the next guest and the unit undamaged.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2004
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Heated Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Standard Ski Season
Jan 1 - Mar 1, 2017
1 night min stay
Mar 2 - Apr 1, 2017
1 night min stay
Apr 2 - Apr 23, 2017
2 night min stay
Low Season Spring
Apr 24 - May 25, 2017
1 night min stay
May 26 - Sep 16, 2017
2 night min stay
Low Season Fall
Sep 17 - Nov 22, 2017
1 night min stay
Early season skiing
Nov 23 - Dec 8, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 9 - Dec 19, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 20 - Dec 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $95 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $50
- Tax Rate 10.9%
We collect a $50 damage deposit to cover the replacement cost of the parking pass. Please leave the pass for the next guest and your deposit will be returned one week after your departure.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
The only full-service resort in Winter Park, with exercise room, lockers, sauna, outdoor pool and hot tubs, restaurant (seasonal) on-site, ski rentals, ski storage, ski-in/out.
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Ned fell in love with skiing as an adult and moved to Colorado in 1999. Although he owns another ski condo in Breckenridge, he spends most of his time at Winter Park. Kirsten arrived in Colorado a few years ago after a lifetime in the Midwest and on the East Coast. She is an enthusiastic beginning skier.
Why the Owner Chose Winter Park, CO, USA:
We looked at new construction at the base, and instead decided to find a great floor plan with a great location and improve it to match the new decor elements. A slight remove from the base means more of a mountain feel (no view of parking lot or commercial buildings). Short indoor walk to the ski corridor, and everything you need onsite, yet a short walk or shuttle to the base.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The end unit provides more light and a back door for easy access when the snow isn't too deep. We remodeled the unit entirely so it has many design features not found in any other Iron Horse unit.
- Primary: +1 (617) 233-6422 (Massachusetts, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
New kitchen and appliances, raised granite bar w stools, task lighting
Alpine forest views from the living room and bedroom
Comfortable bedroom. Unit sleeps six total
Granite, tile, hardwood design elements everywhere
Heated pool with indoor and outdoor access, locker room, weight room, and sauna
Lots of communal space for gathering or relaxing: wireless Internet everywhere
The new Village is just a short walk or drive from the condo (1/5 mile)
Grills on the decks (mainly summer). This is right outside our door.
Woke up to this moose chewing leaves right outside our window.
Comfortable living room with ample seating.
Over 600 miles of mountain bike trails near Winter Park and Arapahoe Nat. For
Many festivals in the town of Winter Park at Hidaway Park all summer.
End unit has largest 1-bedroom floor plan in Iron Horse
55" HDTV with Blu Ray, fireplace
Desk, wireless Internet for work or web surfing
Beautifully appointed and with lots of storage space
Restaurant has great food, wine, happy hour, live music, weekend brunch
Attention to detail throughout the resort
Large end unit has direct access to huge deck and Webber grill in summer
It gets steep and deep at Mary Jane. No tourist crowds here.
All the amenities, including towels, sheets, blankets, soap, dishes, etc.
Tim owns Vertical Bistro & Tap at the Winter Park base. Great food and wine.
One of the best mountain bike parks in the nation. Winter Park Resort.
Bike trail: beautiful trails make Winter Park a fantastic summer destination.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.