|Space||2,480 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Lake Whatcom Water Front Luxury Cabin
- Ideally suited for 6 adults/4 children
- Early party/luncheons: maximum 20 people
- VRBO's on the lake are under review, by Whatcom County: large/loud groups, are not permitted. Quiet time: 10:00 PM.
- Be sure to scroll down Rates, change monthly due to lake weather/use.
- Near New, 2480 Sq. Ft. Two Level and Basement Plan
- Covered 25 foot x 13 Foot Sundeck/Wood Fire Place
- Lower Level Open Patio With Hot Tub
- Steps To Swimming Beach, Safe Shallow Water. Dive off the Dock
Location and Activities:
1) Sought after location on Lake Whatcom offering sunshine from dawn to dusk, including evening sunsets.
2) Private beach, new dock, new whips for guest boats to tie up. Protected area with shallow water between beach and dock for kids to play. Drops off deep on far side of dock to jump in water and moor boat on whips.
Fishing poles at home for fishing off dock or paddle boat.
3) Quiet side of lake, ideal for water sking, boarding or tubing in front of home.
4) 2 double kayaks, 2 paddle boards, 2 picnic tables, portable fire pit for your use. Power, water and evening lights to brighten up beach and dock.
5) 3 acre parcel of land with nature walks, creek running through property. Evening lights to brighten up property.
6) Plenty of parking, 3 spots behind home, 3 spots at street level, plus a large field for extra guests or events.
7) Beach is 25 feet from front door. Quiet no through street.
8) Play bocce ball, volley ball, croquet or badminton on the front lawn. Equipment on site.
9) Quiet no through street with Lake Whatcom Park, 1 mile south of house, 3 mile lake trail and water fall.
10) Biking and Walking Trails: 3 miles along lake trail.
11) Freeway: 14 minutes, quick and easy to I-5 Sunset or Lakeview Exits
12) Shopping/Boat Launch/Corner Store: 8 minutes to the most northern tip of lake: Britton Road, corner store and day park to launch boat, then another 7 minutes to Bellingham Shopping.
13) Fork Restaurant: 1 mile north of house. Fine dining, people from Vancouver and US take the time to enjoy the lake drive to this restaurant at Y Road.
14) Mt Baker: 60 minutes to Mt. Baker with quick easy
access to Mt. Baker Hwy. Families like to book to get 1 day of sking in, then go shopping or visit with family.
15) Western Washington University: 25 minutes. We get a lot of parents booking at graduation parties and holiday weekends for their families.
16) Skagit Casino: 30 minutes for an evening of fun..
17) Burlington Outlet Centres: 40 minutes.
Five Star Luxury Cabin:
1) 2480 sq. ft. 'near new' two level and walk out basement plan.
2) Architecturally designed with fir beams, doors, casings, mill-work, vaulted and double height ceilings, open stair case.
3) Vacation property built with top of the line construction and quality products including oak hardwood flooring and granite counters.
4) Set up for kids and babies: baby gate, 2 play pens, high chair, saucer and games.
1) Great room open to gourmet kitchen and lake views.
2) Stainless appliances including electric flat top stove and convection microwave, side door fridge with ice and water, plus separate wine/drink fridge
3) Kitchen has over 25 place settings, table clothes, loads of serving dishes and glass platters, punch bowl, pots, pans, frying pans, turkey pan and platter, automatic coffee pot, tea pots, toaster, panenee/sandwich maker, out door gas barbeque.
4) Laundry or Mud Room: sink, cabinets, washer/dryer, iron and board.
5) #1 Bathroom: walk in shower plus blow dryer. Note: 3 full baths in total, one of each floor.
1) #1 bedroom: queen size bed, sundeck with best lake views in home
2) #2 bedroom: queen size bed, walk in closet, cheater door to main 5 piece bath with tub shower and double shower heads and blow dryer.
3) Loft: queen mattress, lake views.
Access by ladder off back bedroom. Ideal for sporty teenagers.
1) Games and media room walk out to front patio, garden and lake views.
2) Pool table, board and card games including deluxe poker game, bingo, monopoly...Electronic charades, and more...great to play around fireplace under covered deck in the evening.
3) Bar and sink.
4) #3 bedroom: Multi Purpose: 1 Queen + 1 Twin Bed, plus room for play pen on floor. Ideal for family or kids.
5) #3 Bathroom: 3 piece with walk in shower and blow dryer.
6) Basement games room for kids: 2 single mattresses or together as 1 queen on floor
Entertainment Size Covered Patio and 2nd Open Patio
1) Outdoor covered 25 foot x 13 foot entertainment size patio off main floor great room.
2) Sets up 4 banquet tables with 32 chairs for dinner private parties. Subject to City Permits.
3) Outdoor covered fireplace for use all year round: roast marshmallows, play games and enjoy lake views
4) Lower open entertainment size patio with hot tub, patio chairs and sun bathing over looking lake.
1) 2 flat screen tv’s with full movie channels: great room and games room.
2) Wifi: wireless and internet hook up in lower level games room on desk.
3) Great room stereo with speakers, plus outdoor speakers.
4) Portable phones on all 3 levels, with free long distance calls to Canada and USA.
Heat, Air Conditioning and Hot Water:
1) Heat pump, air conditioning and forced air furnace.
2) Propane fireplaces: main floor great room
3) Tank-less hot water tank. Always hot water available.
4) Hot water dispenser on kitchen sink.
Our family live across the border in White Rock and vacation at the property. We are 45 minutes door to door. We enjoy a 5 star setting and are continually upgrading the home and property to maintain a higher standard.
We have a care taker to set the home and yard, to ensure your stay is a pleasant one.
Please feel free to call or email. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely and warmly,
604-889-5004 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: lake front, lake view, south/west sun,dock, luxury home, luxury cabin, boating, sailing, fishing, Mt. baker, RV Parking, Private Boat Dock, fine dining, wedding, banquet, casinos, biking, walks, lake trails,water falls,paddle boat,kayaks,
We have been coming to Lake Whatcom with our boats for over 30 years. Lake Whatcom in Bellingham, forms part of the city's eastern border, and is about 14 miles long. Big enough to never tire of a boat ride and always a spot with calm water. Fabulous water sking, boarding or tubing. A lot of people fish, sail boat, parasail... We have towed our boat throughout the Fraser Valley & Interior and always come back to Lake Whatcom. A real paradise.
Cindy Walker purchased this house in 2010
We particularly love the #1 location. We get sun all day long. We look across the lake in early afternoon and see homes in darkness. We are just 10 minutes to town, but away from the hustle and bustle of city life. We have 3 acres to enjoy. We have a wonderful sunny beach, plus trees to shade ourselves. We enjoy our early morning bike rides 1 mile down to Whatcom Park, then 3 miles along the lake trail and back home. Truly fabulous.
If you are looking for a new home on a nature filled peace of property with a private beach and boat dock, with loads of parking and a spot to hook a RV trailer or Motorhome, with a fabulous new home, furniture, top of the line linens, fully stocked kitchen, 2 flat screens with cable tv and a pool table, just 12 to 14 minutes to Bellingham and Bellis Fair, 60 minutes to Mt. Baker and famous outlets centres and malls. You just found it. Took us 3 years to find a little bit of heaven.
We had a pleasure of holidaying at the Walker Luxury Cabin this summer. We enjoying boating, sailing and swimming in Lake Whatcom, bike rides along the lake and even a skinny dip on a private trail. The rope swing into the lake was also fun. The 3 acre parcel of land is private and secluded, ideal for a peaceful get away and on the sunny side of the lake enjoying warm sunshine from morning to night. We particulary enjoyed the new home, lake views, luxury bedrooms and baths and preparing wonderul dinners in the gourmet kitchen, leasurely evenings around the outdoor wood fireplace roasting marshmallos while watching the western sunsets following by night lights across the lake. The games room flat screen movie channels and a game of pool were a great way to finish off the evening. We trust you will enjoy this home as much as ourselves. Sincerely, Kevin & Iris
We enjoyed a great family Christmas in this lovely home. With bedrooms on three levels plus two seating areas it was the ideal layout for everyone. The house had been decorated with garlands and bows plus a sparkling Christmas tree. We are already trying to find another date we can all be together so we can reserve another holiday stay. This time we look forward to enjoying outside activities.
Recently moved away from Bellingham but had to return for a family wedding. The home is so warm and comfortable and no convenience was overlooked in the furnishing by the owners. Even though it was late fall and raining a lot we were able to have a few fires under the incredible covered patio, making smores and drinking wine in the perfect location. If my travels take be back to Bellingham again I know where I will be staying....Cheers to Cindy and Dave!!!
My husband and grown kids enjoyed a long weekend in this wonderful home to say goodby to the summer sun. The property is awesome, very well stocked and decorated. The lake and beach area was so much fun. Spent the days cruising around the lake and playing in the water. We will definitely be back.
Now that our children are grown and live out of our home state, we wanted a vacation for our family to spend quality time together. We picked this luxury cabin on Lake Whatcom and all were delighted with the week we spent there. Everything was high quality and we all appreciated the detail and care the owners put into all aspects of making our stay relaxing and comfortable. The cabin was spotless on our arrival and everything from the bath towels to the kitchen utensils were top notch. The lake was beautiful and the use of the kayaks and paddle boards was fantastic. Things like the cabin being stocked with firewood for the fire pit and the outdoor space make this cabin stand out from other rentals we have had in the past. Cindy had everything we could have needed and way more than we expected to make this vacation great. We have so little time to spend together with our children now that they are busy professionals and live far away; I am just so grateful we picked this cabin for our vacation as it was the perfect retreat for all to enjoy! Bellingham had many great restaurants and breweries for us to try and enjoy the local flavors.
Our family travelled to Bellingham for a college graduation. We stayed at Cindy's lakefront home with a 10-year-old son, 15-year-old daughter and the soon to be 21-year-old graduate. The home looks brand new and is immaculate. The kitchen was fully stocked with ample amounts of cutlery, plates, and glasses of all sorts. There were tons of fresh white towels available for the whole crowd to use for the hot tubbing, drying off after lake activities and showering.
Speaking of the lake, the kids loved going out on the dock and using the paddle board and kayaks despite the chilly weather. It was great to have the hot tub available to warm up after an icy plunge. We also used the outdoor fireplace in the evenings and the provided metal sticks to make some tasty s'mores. The pool table downstairs saw lots of use. There were lots of games available, but we didn't have time to sample those.
The beds and bedding were very comfortable and there were plenty of spare blankets in case there was a need.
The multi-paged list of running the house looked foreboding, but was very helpful in its suggestions and covered any questions or concerns.
Bottom line is that the kids loved the beach, hot tub and loft; the college students loved the pool table and hot tub; and the parents loved the upscale, luxury house with hot tub, music, nice televisions, and activities to keep all age levels happy. It was great that there were so many supplies in the kitchen so that the dishwasher didn't need to be run after every meal. And as easy as it was to cook in the kitchen and your choice of three grills, it was also nice to head out to The Fork, a nearby restaurant with excellent dinners and brunch.
I wish we were able to stay longer and have a chance to relax and play more!
We don't live far away but wanted a getaway to ring in the New Year with are group of friends. This place was a delight! The house was very well equipped and wonderfully decorated. We thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor fire place, hot tub and kayaks. Some of our group went skiing - a reasonably short trip to Mt. Baker, and others went hiking in the local parks. Cindy was also a treat to deal with.
3 Acre Peacefull and Tranquil Setting Just 12 to 15 Minutes from downtown Bellingham. A real get away, truly a relaxing time.
Bike ride or walk along 3 mile trail along Lake Whatcom, access park at end of street 1 mile from house, ride your bike or walk, just 8 minute drive to Whatcom Falls Park, fabulous water falls along walking trails. 12 minute drive to Historic Fairhaven along the ocean front, 45 to 60 minute drive to Mt. Baker Ski hill in the winter or hiking in the summer. Google Bellingham Things to Do, you will find all the attractions including golf courses. Shopping anyone? 12 to 15 minutes to Bellingham, Costco, Fred Myer, 30 to 60 minutes to out let centres and malls, including the famous Seattle Outlet Centre on the Tullalip Indian Reserve. Fine dining: 1 mile to the Fork Restaurant, 12 minutes to Bellingham Restaurants, 20 to 30 minutes to Skagit Casino with live entertainment and dancing...
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Mar 1 2017 - Apr 30 2017
2 night minimum stay
May 1 2017 - Jun 15 2017
2 night minimum stay
Jun 16 2017 - Jun 30 2017
2 night minimum stay
Jul 1 2017 - Sep 8 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
General Guideline - Structured By Reviewing Similar Homes - Negotiable:
VRBO's are under review by Whatcom County: home is ideally suited for 6 adults/4 children.
Luncheons/dinner parties maximum 20 people. Large party groups, are not permitted. Quiet time after 10:00 PM.
Dogs permitted, main floor only, due to allergies. Loads of parking.
January 1 and February 29: 2 nights x $400 per night, 3+ nights x $375.00 per night
March 1 and April 30: 2 nights $425.00 per night, 3+ nights $400.00 per night
May 1 to June 15: $475 x 2 nights, $450.00 x 3+ nights
May Long Weekend/Sea to Ski: 3+ nights x $500.00
June 15 to June 30: $525 x 2 nights, $500 x 3+ nights
July 1 to Sept. 11: $575 x 2 nights, $550 x 3+ nights
Sept. 11 to October 15: $500 x 2 nights, $475+ x 3 nights
October 15 to Dec. 15: $425 x 2 nights, $400+ x 3 nights
Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving or Holiday Weekends: 3+ nights x $450 per night
10.5% State Tax – Cleaning: In/Out/Hot Tub/Restock Firewood: $200
Dogs: $25.00 each per night(due to allergies, restricted to hardwood main floor only)
Groups over 8: $25.00 each per night
Day time guests, on average $25.00 each, per day, negotiable.
We have space for RV trailers and do have water and electric hook up.
Guests do bring their boats/ski doos, tie up to dock or beach, and bring
their own bumpers, and are responsible for same.
3 full bedrooms, queen size mattress in loft, queen size double height camping mattress in games room
3 full baths(1 on each level)
Prices are a general guideline, structured by reviewing other homes on lake.
Negotiable and can change without notice.
Call Cindy Walker 604-889-5004
$500 damage deposit
50% rent down, balance 60 days prior to stay(negotiable)
Pay Pal, Personal Cheque or Bank Transfer: Money Transport paid by guest