Lake Whatcom Water Front/3 Acres/Hot Tub/Paddle Board/Kayak/Trail/Wood Fireplace
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Lake Whatcom Water Front Luxury Cabin
- Near New, 2480 Sq. Ft. Two Level and Basement Plan
- Covered 25 foot x 13 Foot Sundeck/Wood Fire Place
- Lower Level Open Patio With Hot Tub
- Steps To Swimming Beach, Safe Shallow Water. Dive off the Dock
Location and Activities:
1) Sought after location on Lake Whatcom offering sunshine from dawn to dusk, including evening sunsets.
2) Private beach, new dock, new whips for guest boats to tie up. Protected area with shallow water between beach and dock for kids to play. Drops off deep on far side of dock to jump in water and moor boat on whips.
Fishing poles at home for fishing off dock or paddle boat.
3) Quiet side of lake, ideal for water sking, boarding or tubing in front of home.
4) 2 double kayaks, 2 paddle boards, 2 picnic tables, portable fire pit for your use. Power, water and evening lights to brighten up beach and dock.
5) 3 acre parcel of land with nature walks, creek running through property. Evening lights to brighten up property.
6) Plenty of parking, 3 spots behind home, 3 spots at street level, plus a large field for extra guests or events.
7) Beach is 25 feet from front door. Quiet no through street.
8) Play bocce ball, volley ball, croquet or badminton on the front lawn. Eqipment on site.
9) Quiet no through street with Lake Whatcom Park, 1 mile south of house, 3 mile lake trail and water fall.
10) Biking and Walking Trails: 3 miles along lake trail.
11) Freeway: 14 minutes, quick and easy to I-5 Sunset or Lakeview Exits
12) Shopping/Boat Launch/Corner Store: 8 minutes to the most northern tip of lake: Britton Road, corner store and day park to launch boat, then another 7 minutes to Bellingham Shopping.
13) Fork Restaurant: 1 mile north of house. Fine dining, people from Vancouver and US take the time to enjoy the lake drive to this restaurant at Y Road.
14) Mt Baker: 60 minutes to Mt. Baker with quick easy
access to Mt. Baker Hwy. Families like to book to get 1 day of sking in, then go shopping or visit with family.
15) Western Washington University: 25 minutes. We get a lot of parents booking at graduation parties and holiday weekends for their families.
16) Skagit Casino: 30 minutes for an evening of fun..
17) Burlington Outlet Centres: 40 minutes.
Five Star Luxury Cabin:
1) 2480 sq. ft. 'near new' two level and walk out basement plan.
2) Architecturally designed with fir beams, doors, casings, mill-work, vaulted and double height ceilings, open stair case.
3) Vacation property built with top of the line construction and quality products including oak hardwood flooring and granite counters.
4) Set up for kids and babies: baby gate, 2 play pens, high chair, saucer, potti, toys and games.
1) Great room open to gourmet kitchen and lake views.
2) Stainless appliances including electric flat top stove and convection microwave, side door fridge with ice and water, plus separate wine/drink fridge
3) Kitchen has over 25 place settings, table clothes, loads of serving dishes and glass platters, punch bowl, pots, pans, frying pans, turkey pan and platter, automatic coffee pot, tea pots, toaster, panenee/sandwich maker, out door gas barbeque.
4) Laundry or Mud Room: sink, cabinets, washer/dryer, iron and board.
5) #1 Bathroom: walk in shower plus blow dryer. Note: 3 full baths in total, one of each floor.
1) #1 bedroom: queen size bed, sundeck with best lake views in home
2) #2 bedroom: queen size bed, walk in closet, cheater door to main 5 piece bath with tub shower and double shower heads and blow dryer.
3) Loft: queen mattress, lake views.
Access by ladder off back bedroom. Ideal for sporty teenagers.
1) Games and media room walk out to front patio, garden and lake views.
2) Pool table, board and card games including deluxe poker game, bingo, monopoly...Electronic charades, and more...great to play around fireplace under covered deck in the evening.
3) Bar and sink.
4) #3 bedroom: Multi Purpose: 1 Queen + 1 Twin Bed, plus room for play pen on floor. Ideal for family or kids.
5) #3 Bathroom: 3 piece with walk in shower and blow dryer.
6) Basement games room for kids: 2 single mattresses or together as 1 queen on floor
Entertainment Size Covered Patio and 2nd Open Patio
1) Outdoor covered 25 foot x 13 foot entertainment size patio off main floor great room.
2) Sets up 4 banquet tables with 32 chairs for dinner private parties. Subject to City Permits.
3) Outdoor covered fireplace for use all year round: roast marshmallows, play games and enjoy lake views
4) Lower open entertainment size patio with hot tub, patio chairs and sun bathing over looking lake.
1) 2 flat screen tv’s with full movie channels: great room and games room.
2) Wifi: wireless and internet hook up in lower level games room on desk.
3) Great room stereo with speakers, plus outdoor speakers.
4) Portable phones on all 3 levels, with free long distance calls to Canada and USA.
Heat, Air Conditioning and Hot Water:
1) Heat pump, air conditioning and forced air furnace.
2) 2 propane fireplaces: main floor great room and lower level games room.
3) Tankless hot water tank. Always hot water available.
4) Hot water dispenser on kitchen sink.
Our family live across the border in White Rock and vacation at the property. We are 45 minutes door to door. We enjoy a 5 star setting and are continually upgrading the home and property to maintain a higher standard.
We have a care taker to set the home and yard, to ensure your stay is a pleasant one.
Please feel free to call or email. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely and warmly,
604-889-5004 or email: email@example.com
Keywords: lake front, lake view, south/west sun,dock, luxury home, luxury cabin, boating, sailing, fishing, Mt. baker, RV Parking, Private Boat Dock, fine dining, wedding, banquet, casinos, biking, walks, lake trails,water falls,paddle boat,kayaks,
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 2480 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Ideal setting for dogs, 3 acres to roam, plus large porches with overhangs. The property is not fenced, so pets need to be leashed. In consideration of the owner and other guests with 'allergies', pets are restricted to laundry room and main floor hard wood floor area only. ...moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 7-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 3 full baths. 1 on each level of home.
- Fully stocked kitchen, over 20 place settings, white table clothes, napkins, serving dishes, rice steamer, panini sandwich maker, george forman grill, coffee maker grinds beans, automatic hot water for tea, 3 banquet tables, over 20 chairs, new sought after, electric barbeque fueled by pellots, perfect for entertaining or simply enjoying a quiet evening at home....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Music Library:
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Golf Course Front:
- Lake View:
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Free Long Distance:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 - Feb 28, 2017
3 night min stay
Mar 1 - Apr 30, 2017
3 night min stay
May 1 - Jun 15, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 10.5%
General Guideline - Structured By Reviewing Similar Homes - Negotiable:
January 1 and February 29: 2 nights x $400 per night, 3+ nights x $375.00 per night
March 1 and April 30: 2 nights $425.00 per night, 3+ nights $400.00 per night
May 1 to June 15: $475 x 2 nights, $450.00 x 3+ nights
May Long Weekend/Sea to Ski: 3+ nights x $500.00
June 15 to June 30: $525 x 2 nights, $500 x 3+ nights
July 1 to Sept. 11: $575 x 2 nights, $550 x 3+ nights
Sept. 11 to October 15: $500 x 2 nights, $475+ x 3 nights
October 15 to Dec. 15: $425 x 2 nights, $400+ x 3 nights
Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving or Holiday Weekends: 3+ nights x $450 per night
10.5% State Tax – Cleaning: In/Out/Hot Tub/Restock Firewood: $200
Dogs: $25.00 each per night(due to allergies, restricted to hardwood main floor only)
Groups over 8: $25.00 each per night
Home is ideally suited for 6 adults and 4 children.
3 full bedrooms, queen size mattress in loft, queen size camping mattress in games room
3 full baths(1 on each level)
Limited Dinner Parties/Extra Day Time Guests up 20 in total on property at any time: $25.00 per person.
Please note the county has put all Bellingham VRBO owners on notice, to restrict disruption in neighborhood.
Loud party groups, are quite simply, not welcome.
Prices are a general guideline, structured by reviewing other homes on lake.
Negotiable and can change without notice.
Call Cindy Walker 604-889-5004
$500 damage deposit
50% rent down, balance 60 days prior to stay(negotiable)
Pay Pal, Personal Cheque or Bank Transfer: Money Transport paid by guest
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
3 Acre Peacefull and Tranquil Setting Just 12 to 15 Minutes from downtown Bellingham. A real get away, truly a relaxing time.
Bike ride or walk along 3 mile trail along Lake Whatcom, access park at end of street 1 mile from house, ride your bike or walk, just 8 minute drive to Whatcom Falls Park, fabulous water falls along walking trails. 12 minute drive to Historic Fairhaven along the ocean front, 45 to 60 minute drive to Mt. Baker Ski hill in the winter or hiking in the summer. Google Bellingham Things to Do, you will find all the attractions including golf courses. Shopping anyone? 12 to 15 minutes to Bellingham, Costco, Fred Myer, 30 to 60 minutes to out let centres and malls, including the famous Seattle Outlet Centre on the Tullalip Indian Reserve. Fine dining: 1 mile to the Fork Restaurant, 12 minutes to Bellingham Restaurants, 20 to 30 minutes to Skagit Casino with live entertainment and dancing...
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We have been coming to Lake Whatcom with our boats for over 30 years. Lake Whatcom in Bellingham, forms part of the city's eastern border, and is about 14 miles long. Big enough to never tire of a boat ride and always a spot with calm water. Fabulous water sking, boarding or tubing. A lot of people fish, sail boat, parasail... We have towed our boat throughout the Fraser Valley & Interior and always come back to Lake Whatcom. A real paradise.
Why the Owner Chose Bellingham, WA, USA:
We particularly love the #1 location. We get sun all day long. We look across the lake in early afternoon and see homes in darkness. We are just 10 minutes to town, but away from the hustle and bustle of city life. We have 3 acres to enjoy. We have a wonderful sunny beach, plus trees to shade ourselves. We enjoy our early morning bike rides 1 mile down to Whatcom Park, then 3 miles along the lake trail and back home. Truly fabulous.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
If you are looking for a new home on a nature filled peace of property with a private beach and boat dock, with loads of parking and a spot to hook a RV trailer or Motorhome, with a fabulous new home, furniture, top of the line linens, fully stocked kitchen, 2 flat screens with cable tv and a pool table, just 12 to 14 minutes to Bellingham and Bellis Fair, 60 minutes to Mt. Baker and famous outlets centres and malls. You just found it. Took us 3 years to find a little bit of heaven.
- Secondary: (604) 889-5004 (British Columbia, Canada)
Links to more information:
5 Year New Luxury Cabin/2480 sq. ft. three level plan/Sunny side of Lake Whatcom
Enjoy evening out door fires with marshmellos all year long.
Front Patio enjoys lake views and hot tub.
Picnic area, fire pit, wade into lake. 2 paddle boards, 2 double kayaks
Great room, flat screen tv, table seats 8, kitchen islands seats 4.
Enjoy morning coffee on the front porch overlooking views of lake
Birds eye view from loft overlooking front bedroom and view.
View Bedroom and private deck. Queen bed.
Loft: full queen size mattress, window and space.
Upper level main bath. Double shower heads. Cheater door to bedroom.
Laundry and mud room. Stacking washer/dryer. Iron and Iron board
Nature: view of back of home and lake.
Covered patio: 20 feet x 15 feet. Sets up 4 banquet tables
Hot tub over looking lake views and night lights.
Quiet no through street, 20 steps from front door to private beach and dock.
Dock and Whips for Guest Boat.
Fully stocked kitchen, 20 place settings, convection oven and microwave
Open stair case walks out to expansive covered deck with fireplace
Expansive games room, flat screen, full channels, internet, bar sink, pool table
Back bedroom with ladder to loft. Queen bed. Cheater door to main bath.
Basement Bedroom: Queen plus twin bed. Great for families.
Main floor: 3 piece with shower. Basement Level: similar 3 piece with shower.
Bridge, heated and powered storage shed, nature walks on 3 acre property.
Back of property, wood shed, extra parking, run dogs, kick ball.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeHouse
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
- Response time Within 12 hours
- Response rate 80%
- Calendar last updated 08/17/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.