Firefly Cottage - Lakefront Cottage in Hope - Maine's Best Kept Secret(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Charming 2BR 1BA Lakefront Cottage, Sleeps 4
1. A peaceful, pristine, spring fed lake is right at your door step! Offering great swimming and fishing plus two kayaks, a dock and a swim float. Our lake side deck is a great place to sit and enjoy the sound of the loons or the pretty views of our coastal mountains. A small firepit to roast marshmallows sits next to the deck. Steps lead down into the lake for easy access.
2. Our charming cottage sits 100 feet from the shore of Hobbs Pond in a quiet, private setting under beautiful trees. It sleeps four very comfortably in two bedrooms with pine floors, one with a queen bed and the other with two twin beds. Full bathroom with shower/tub. Well equipped kitchen. Attractively decorated with braided rugs and comfortable furnishings. WiFi, flat screen TV with DVD player, board games, DVDs, books, deck with gas grill and picnic table, kid friendly. Hammock to take a nap in. Quality bed linens are provided on the beds. The seaside town of Camden is just a 10 minute drive away. Rentals run Saturday to Saturday in July and August. Two night minimum stay in June, Sept and October.
4. The Great Outdoors: This is where the mountains meet the sea and we have many hiking trails for all abilities that allow you to see it all. Follow the trails in Camden Hills State Park, Coastal Mountain Land Trust and Georges River Land Trust. You can also rent bikes to cruise our local back roads.
5. Our area is a Foodies Paradise. Camden, Rockport and Rockland are home to many fine, great restaurants of all kinds. Cooking classes are also offered locally. Hope has it's own pub (Hatchet Mountain Public House) where the locals unwind with a mug a beer. Many restaurants have outdoor seating in the summer, some with tables right on Camden Harbor.
6. Speaking of Camden Harbor, our harbor hosts a hub of activities including sailing, kayaking, paddleboarding and sightseeing. Take a two hour cruise on an historical schooner such as the Appledore or Olad. We delight in the vast array of tall masted ships that sail through our waters.
7. Lobster! Maine's iconic food can be enjoyed in so many ways. From lobster roll shacks to gourmet preparations, you'll find plenty of ways to scratch your lobster itch at our local restaurants. The Maine Lobster Festival is held in early August. Firefly Cottage is also equipped with a lobster pot so that you can cook your own.
8. Gateway to Downeast: We are centrally located on Maine's midcoast making us an ideal launching point for explorations to Acadia National Park, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, lighthouses, beaches, Fort Knox (bring your flashlights) and many other fun places to explore.
9. The People: Our area's rare beauty is paralleled by its sense of place. Perhaps it's due to our cold Maine winters when we all look after each other, but the people who call our area home are some of the most friendly, ruggedly refined folks you will ever meet. You will be welcomed with open arms.
10. Firefly Cottage is THE best value on Hobbs Pond and especially in our surrounding area. We want you to have an affordable vacation while still experiencing an attractive, comfortable and clean place to stay while you are visiting. The cottage is close enough to the owners' home (2 miles) that we can be of assistance to our guests if needed, while still offering you privacy. We truly live in an authentically quaint and charming community. We take pride in our community and it's surroundings and hope that is reflected in everything we do. Unplug, unwind and enjoy your family and friends in a place you will want to return to again and again.
FIREFLY COTTAGE IS A SMOKE FREE HOME. NO PETS, PLEASE. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY IS 4 GUESTS. ALL BED LINENS ARE PROVIDED. WE ASK THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2006
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Pine floors, quality bedding, comfortable beds
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Free Local Calls
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Boat Dock
- Boat With Paddles
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch Furniture
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 10 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Oct 16, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 8%
From $950/Week $1800/Two Weeks plus 8 % Maine state lodging tax
JUNE THROUGH AUGUST. - $950/week $1800 for 2 weeks + 8% lodging tax.
SEPT AND OCT - $150/night with a minimum two night stay. $950/week
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: My husband and I run two local businesses. Firefly Restoration Co restores antique fire trucks. Misty Mountain Seed Co. offers seed gifts at gift shops throughout New England. We have raised two sons in Hope and believe in giving back to our community, previously running the Hope 4 Jazz Festival and helping to raise funds to preserve Hatchet Mountain.
Why the Owner Chose Hope, ME, USA:
Hobbs Pond is one of the most pristine and quietest lakes in the area with awesome swimming, boating, fishing, loons and other wildlife. You will experience privacy, peace and quiet when you want it, yet are still close to many things to do and see. Camden is just a 10 minute drive away with many activities, restaurants, shops and galleries. Acadia National Park is a wonderful day trip.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The lakeside deck is a wonderful place to sit by the lake, watch the kids swim, have a drink and offers gorgeous views of the Camden Hills. Loons abound in the lake and you will enjoy their calls. Our hammock is the perfect place to take a nap. The cottage is close enough to our home (2 miles) that we can be of assistance to our guests if needed, while still offering you privacy.
- Primary: +1 2077633355
- Fax: +1 2077634634
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunrise over the lake
Dock and Swim Float
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.