About this rental
- 900 sq. ft
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bed
- Sleeps 2
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 full baths
- Living Room
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 1(Sleeps: 2)
'Life's A Beach' Suite/Bedroom
Toilet · Shower
Main level bathroom
Toilet · Outdoor shower
- Pets welcome
- No smoking
Hosted by Allison SmithAsk a question
About Allison Smith
35 year resident of St. John, Allison offers her eco-home to fellow nature-lover guests as a haven for relaxation and rejuvenation. She built the home herself (with a little help from her friends!) over a period of 15 years during a time of minimal access to basic construction services; ie she took materials up the rigorous Johnny Horn Trail in her jeep! She's created a natural home, complete with many birds and hopes that you'll find the same serenity as you watch the sunrise from your bed! She lives on a nearby smaller island and is readily available to help in any way. She grew up in Florida and sailed to the Virgin Islands in her own sailboat, spending six months at sea en route. She has devoted her life to that of service, first as a school counselor, then as the 'island shrink' and founder and director of the islands first non-profit organization, the People Moving Forward Foundation. Guided to create spiritual growth opportunities, she created Rejuvenation Vacations, specializing in retreats for relaxation, yoga and spiritual growth. She has taught workshops and classes on A Course in Miracles, prosperity consciousness, living an optimum life experience and is recently credentialed as a Licensed Unity Teacher through Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute. Until the pandemic, she led weekly community meditation gatherings on Peace Hill and taught Wednesday classes under the gri gri tree in Pickles Deli's backyard. She has a beautiful daughter, Angie, five fabulous grandchildren and a great granddaughter.
Why Allison Smith chose Estate Emmaus
The Coral Bay Eco Retreat offers an opportunity to experience off-the-grid living in a tropical setting. The energy of the home, overlooking the VI National Park as well as bordering it, provides a serene and peaceful setting with an awesome view and silence, a rare commodity in these times! At one point, it was a haven for 'rescue goats' who had been injured or abandoned, as an adjunct to the island's animal care center, hosting as many as 15 little goats in a stable built by her and her grandson. To be clear, the "goat years" are over, but we're still visited by many free-roaming donkeys, goats, sheep and deer. This house is like no other, unique and sweet, simple and close to nature.
What makes this Cottage unique
* Location! Located uniquely on the historic Johnny Horn Trail, on the border of the Virgin Islands National Park, you're only a half mile jeep ride or hike from the heart of Coral Bay with its shops, bars and restaurants and a mile from the beaches of the VI National Park, including the famous snorkeling of Waterlemon Cay. Peaceful and quiet! * Unique home: open air, solar-powered, gathered rain water, trees growing through the decks, lots of birds, sustainable, zero footprint! * most of the time, the only sounds you hear are natural
- 100% refund of amount paid if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund of amount paid (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children not allowed
Max guests: 2 (sleeps up to 2 adults) - 22
Minimum age of primary renter: 12 - The retreat is not safe for young childrenThe retreat is not safe for young children
- Relax! The vibe is all about relaxing...in the hammock, in the love seat, on the couch, in the meditation chairs.
- Rejuvenate! You have a busy life and hectic schedule, so it's essential to get your mojo back!
- Re-energize! Resting and relaxing are essential to great health and spiritual peace. This is the place!
Cleaned with disinfectant
Minimum 3-day vacancy between guest stays
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Follows industry health association: COVID-19 Guidelines (CDC)