3580 the Carmel Penthouse ~ 3580 the Carmel Penthouse ~ Luxury Penthouse Down(3 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:28-30 nights
- Property type:Townhome
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 4
**For more details about specials for this home, see the Sanctuary Vacation Rentals website or call our office directly.
Enjoy the luxurious Carmel-by-the-Sea experience without ever having to get in your car from this sophisticated 1070 square feet, 2-bedroom flat, located in the heart of this charming village and just a few blocks from the beach. Sit on the balcony and enjoy filtered views over treetops of the ocean and Point Lobos and a vest-pocket park across the street, while all the exciting cultural offerings of this lively community are just outside your door.
The entrance to The Penthouse is tucked away in a charming courtyard called Cortille San Remo. A flight of stairs leads to an exterior passageway to the entrance of this spotless recently updated urban (as urban as you get in this charming European-style village) hideaway that would be a perfect romantic honeymoon destination or an artist’s retreat.
Upon your arrival you will be greeted with complementary wine and cheese, passes to the renown Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey, tickets for a wine tasting at Scheid Vineyards’ tasting room in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is available to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, spa robes and beach gear.
The entry hall opens to a great room that comprises the living room and kitchen. A neutral palette weaves throughout, giving it a calming unity.
The living room, which has rattan shades on floor-to-ceiling windows, faces west and opens out to a long, narrow wrap around balcony partially framed in glass. The balcony is furnished with 2 teak chairs and a section of petrified wood from a tree trunk that serves as an occasional table to hold your late afternoon aperitifs while you enjoy the sunset. Soft coastal light floods in from windows built into an elevated cupola in the ceiling. Furnishings include a taupe sofa, metal and unfinished wood coffee table, two rattan chairs with upholstered cushions, a dark wood bureau console and a 56” flat-screen TV.
The chef's dream kitchen has glossy ivory cabinets, granite counter-tops, stainless steel appliances including a side-by-side refrigerator, gas range, dishwasher and microwave, and a long island that contains the sink and kitchen counter seating. Enjoy your gourmet meals at a round table that can seat 4 in the corner of the living room.
The spacious master bedroom features a king with rattan headboard, a handsome whitewashed wood dresser and matching bedside cabinets, a rattan chair and a flat-screen TV. Step out through French doors to the balcony and breathe in the fresh ocean breezes in the morning before you start your day. End the day by relaxing in the deep soaking tub seated in granite in the gorgeous tiled master bath and gaze at the stars through the skylight. The bathroom has a contemporary feel with a square porcelain sink, pewter fixtures and sand-colored tiles throughout.
A 2nd bedroom features a queen bed with built-in units beneath it containing wicker baskets for clothing storage, a white dresser, a blue distressed wood bedside table and a flat-screened TV.
A second bathroom, also with gleaming sand-colored tile and a contemporary feel, has a shower with a glass door.
Underground parking is available for 1 small car.
When you feel like you do want to venture out, the fascinating communities of Pacific Grove (with its Victorian charm), Monterey (with his old California history) and Pebble Beach (with its world-class golf courses) are within a 10-minute drive. The wine tasting of Carmel Valley is 20 minutes away. Big Sur is a breathtaking 40-minute drive.
A well-behaved dog may be welcome upon owner approval.
See also Rates Notes for additional information about this property.
- 1 story
- On floor 2
- 1070 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- 1 King bed, 1 Queen bed
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Large deep soaking tub in master bath with skylight for star gazing.
- LOCATION Situated on the Carmel Bay in Central California on the southern bend of the Monterey Peninsula, Carmel-by-the-Sea is 120 miles south of San Francisco, 350 miles north of Los Angeles and 26 miles north of Big Sur. HISTORY OF FOUNDING Fifty years after Columbus discovered America, Spanish explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo sighted the white sands and green pines of Carmel. Two centuries later, in 1771, Father Junipero Serra established Mission San Carlos de Borromeo on a knoll overlooking the Carmel Bayâ€”the jewel and the heartbreak of his ministry. In the early 1900s, the village of Carmel began its growth around an eclectic group of young artists, writers and intellectuals. CLIMATE Carmel enjoys moderately warm temperatures year round, with an average high of 65Â° F and an average low of 48Â° F. September and October (Indian Summer) offer the best weather of the year, with an average high of 72Â° F....moreless
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Coin Laundry
- Duty Free Shops
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 - May 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
30 night min stay
Jul 1 - Jul 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Aug 1 - Aug 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Sep 1 - Oct 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Nov 1 - Jan 31, 2018
30 night min stay
Monthly - February
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2018
28 night min stay
Mar 1 - May 31, 2018
30 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the manager / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Monterey Bay Aquarium, October-Return of the Monarch Butterflies to Pacific Grove, Monterey Jazz Festival, Blues Festival, Big Sur Marathon Run, Laguna Seca Raceway, AT&T Golf Tournament, Concours d'Elegance, wine tasting, and much much more!
Whale watching boat trips from Monterey Harbor 8 minute drive. The world famous 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach is a 5 minute drive to the entrance. Breathtaking Hwy 1 drive to Big Sur starts 5 minutes away. Cannery Row 8 minute drive. Several big beaches 3 to 10 minutes drive.Point Lobos, Big Sur and Carmel Valley all offer excellent hiking trails ranging from easy to difficult with scenic vistas. Carmel and Monterey are rich with history, art galleries, museums, world-class golf courses, restaurants, cinemas, an IMAX theater, performing arts centers and shopping. There is also Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium, a paved bike/walking path along the most scenic coastline from Lover's Point to Marina, 17-Mile Drive, sailing, deep sea fishing, whale watching and a multitude of beautiful beaches and hikes to explore.
Whale Watching, Golfing, Wine Tastings, Farmer Markets, Theater, Music Events, Monterey Aquarium, Art Galleries, Dancing, Fisherman Wharf, Redwood Forests, Workshops, Retreats, Festivals, Laguna Seca, Tomato Fest, Meditation, Spa Services, AT&T Pro Am Golf, Sea Otter Classic, Big Sur Marathon, Concours d'Elegance, Monterey Jazz Festival.
Sanctuary Vacation Rentals
About: Sanctuary Vacation Rentals represents properties throughout Carmel, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Carmel Highlands, and the Big Sur coastline. We combine fine resort accommodations and relaxed elegance with all the comforts of home. Our properties are places that nurture and inspire and are located in one of the most beautiful, energizing places in the world, featuring the spectacular scenery of the Monterey Peninsula and the central coast of California. From historic old Monterey, to the Victorian charm of Pacific Grove, and the artists colony of Carmel-by-the-Sea, and the breathtaking scenery of Big Sur, generations of people have been rejuvenated by the breaking waves and sandy beaches here. Our properties are designer furnished with relaxed elegance. Many homes feature the colors of the sea and take inspiration from the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. Throughout Sanctuary’s vacation rentals, you’ll find comfortable beds with luxury linens, welcome beverages and hors d’oeurvres, spa robes and amenities, local wine tasting and spa passes, and a personal concierge to assist you in every way. Our homes feature chef’s dream kitchens and everything you’ll need to entertain in style. And many of our properties are pet friendly. If you’re looking for a refreshing, relaxed stay in one of the most beautiful areas in the world– offering all the comforts of home, let Sanctuary Vacation Rentals help you discover your own sanctuary by the sea. Make your reservation today.
- Primary: +1 (855) 980-5853
Links to more information:
- Welcome to "Carmel Penthouse by the Sea"! Luxurious Designer Interiors and a Distant Ocean View.
- Great Room has a 56' HDTV.
- Comfortable Seating with a Seashore Theme.
- Great Room with View of the Kitchen.
- Kitchen is small but fully equipped.
- Kitchen has Chef's Stainless Steel Appliances.
- Master Bedroom has Luxurious Bed and Bedding.
- Master Bath has a Shower Over the Large Deep Soaking Tub.
- Spacious Master Bath.
- Guest Bathroom has Granite Counters and a Custom Tile Shower.
- The Balcony Allows you to Watch the Activity in Beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea.
- Side Balcony as well as Front Balcony.
- Great Room with Windowed Raised Ceiling Allows for a Feeling of Spaciousness.
- Great Room has Walls of Windows and French Doors and is Bathed in Light.
- Ocean View Dining.
- Kitchen with Another View of the Raised Ceiling with Windows.
- Beautifully Appointed Kitchen.
- Complementary wine and cheese to welcome you!
- Master Bedroom Ocean View and a Flat Screen HDTV.
- Large Deep Soaking Tub with Skylight for Star Gazing.
- Guest Bedroom has a Distant Ocean View and French Doors out to the Balcony.
- Guest Bathroom with Spa Amenities
- The Balcony has French Doors Leading Out from the Great Room.
- Just a Block to Ocean Avenue with Gourmet Restaurants & Unique Shopping.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.