**Please note a long-term tenant resides in the lower level unit of this building**
Have the ultimate Oregon experience by staying at this delightful Astoria vacation rental unit in 'The Astoria Painted Lady.' Ideally situated atop a picturesque hill overlooking the tranquil waters of the Columbia River, this 2-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom abode sleeps 6 and will serve as an idyllic home base for exploring the oldest settlement west of the Rocky Mountains!
**Please note that the backyard is not available as it is only available for the long term tenant on the first floor**
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Library: Full Sleeper Sofa
Have the ultimate Oregon experience by staying at this delightful Astoria vacation rental unit in "The Astoria Painted Lady." The vacation rental unit is on the second floor with 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and enough sleeping accommodations to comfortably sleep 6 guests throughout the beautifully appointed living space.
his residence is ideal for families, couples or close friends looking for a peaceful Oregon getaway. As soon as you arrive at this magnificent Victorian home, you'll simply fall in love with its vibrant exterior, draped in spectacular yellows, purples, and blues. Begin leisurely vacation days out on the spacious porch, languidly sipping your coffee while gently swaying back and forth in either of the quaint rocking chairs.
The interior is equally as charming, with massive picture windows allowing sunshine to stream in, casting an abundance of inviting natural light on the abode's tastefully unique decor and comfortable furnishings. Everything you'll need to be as relaxed as possible during your stay is here, including wireless internet access, central heating, a TV with DVD player and a wonderful selection of movies for you to choose from, sure to appease your entertainment needs.
The dwelling's cozy library will quickly become your favorite place to unwind after eventful vacation days. Kick back on the plush couch with a good page turner from the room's well-stocked collection of books or pick out an exciting game to play with your companions before dinner.
When you're not out enjoying the local cuisine, utilize the home's gorgeous fully equipped kitchen, complete with all necessary cooking appliances. After cooking in the kitchen, gather around the adjacent wood dining table, with seating for 6 people, to savor your culinary masterpiece while gazing out at the dazzling Columbia River, where you'll observe ships anchoring as they travel between Portland and the Pacific Ocean.
Later, head out to the large side yard to play some yard games with the verdant forested hillside serving as a peaceful backdrop. When you're finally ready to call it a night, retreat to either of the 2 beautifully ornate bedrooms, each of which have their own bathroom, to rest up for the next exciting vacation day!
You simply can't beat this home's phenomenal location, situated within a quiet neighborhood that's laden with unmatched natural beauty. From here, you'll be just a short distance from Astoria's lovely riverwalk - a local favorite! This paved walkway along the Columbia River passes under the Astoria-Megler Bridge, past the sailors' memorial, and into downtown, giving you a comprehensive look at the area.
Once downtown, you can slip down small side streets leading you to wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries and shops - both antique and specialty. While meandering down the town's riverwalk, you'll also pass by the Columbia River Maritime Museum, several Coast Guard ships and the East Mooring Basin, where sea lions are constant sources of free entertainment!
If you're looking for some fun in the sun, hop in your car and drive 20 minutes to the spectacular Pacific Ocean beaches - dipping your toes in the ocean and flying a kite are musts! About 30 minutes away, you'll find the town of Seaside, where you can walk on the quaint boardwalk and visit the delightful aquarium.
History buffs will love learning about the area's fascinating past at Fort Clatsop State Park, where Lewis and Clark stayed from December of 1805 to March of 1806. Fort Stevens, located on the shores of the Pacific, also abounds with interesting history. Here, you can explore a bunker for a first-hand look at what soldiers experienced in the past.
If you cross the 4-mile Astoria-Megler bridge into Washington, you'll find plenty of additional parks and forts near the Columbia River. Traveling east on the Washington side of the river will lead you to Cathlamet, where you can ride a ferry across the river and wind your way back to Astoria on the scenic Highway 30.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, central heating, wireless internet access, covered spacious porch, large side yard, well-stocked library, wooden dining table, TV with DVD collection and much more!
- Spectacular location - Atop a lush hill with magnificent views of the Columbia River
- Easy access to riverwalk, shops, restaurants, beaches, museums, and more
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Portland International Airport - 7000 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97218 (~96 miles away)
- Not suitable for young children. Children must be 8 years or older
- Dog-friendly with fee (maximum 1 dog allowed, 85-pound weight limit)
- Pet Fee: $45 Per Stay (For up to 3 Nights, Max 1 Dog Allowed)
- Pet Fee: $15 Per Night (For Stays Over 3 Nights, Maximum 1 Dog Allowed)
- No cats allowed
- Quiet hours from 10:00 pm-8:00 am
- Please note a long term tenant resides in the lower level unit. Please be respectful of them and observe the quiet hours noted above
- Please note that the backyard is not available as it is only available for the long term tenant on the first floor
- **Maximum occupancy is 6 people (includes daytime and nighttime guests). Exceeding the maximum occupancy will not be permitted, and can result in fines or eviction**
- No smoking
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply