Well Appointed Apartment with Sun Terrace and Lake Bolsena View
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Our first (top) floor apartment is situated in a quiet lane, just a few minutes easy walk to Bolsena town centre and lake shore. It enjoys a lovely view across an orchard to the lake from its full width back sun terrace.
There are two bedrooms, one with french doors leading to a small front balcony; two good-sized bathrooms; a comfortable lounge with dining facilities for 6 people; fully equipped kitchen, and utility room with washing machine. The sun terrace is equipped with sunblinds, sunloungers, dining table and chairs.
Suitable for a family or couples, it sleeps up to six people, as there is a comfortable double sofa bed in the lounge. There is a gated drive with parking for two cars; small, ground level walled back garden area and a private entrance via steps to the apartment and sun terrace.
The property has excellent facilities for a relaxing stay and it is furnished and equipped to a high standard including ceiling fans, satellite TV, DVD and sound system with plug-ins for Ipod use
Lake Bolsena - Secret Gem in the Heart of Italy: Everyone has heard of Lake Como and Lake Maggiore, but fewer people know about beautiful Lake Bolsena and the fascinating historic region that lies in the heart of Italy. It's not far from Rome or the popular Tuscan and Umbrian tourist spots and it remains one of Italy's best kept secrets.
Located on the borders of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio, Lake Bolsena is formed in the crater of an extinct volcano. Its waters are crystal clear, unpolluted and teem with fish, which are served in all the local restaurants. There are fine, volcanic sandy beaches that are perfectly safe for family bathing. The capital of the Lake is Bolsena itself. Once the Etruscan settlement of Volsini and medieval town of miracles, Bolsena has a medieval quarter and is famous for its gardens and annual flower festival.
Activities in and around Bolsena: The apartment is on the outskirts of Bolsena, yet only a ten minute easy walk from the town centre and seven minutes away from the lake shore itself. Whilst it's lovely to sunbathe and relax, there are also lots of recreational activities for those who are feeling more energetic.
You can swim safely in the lake and if you want to sail, Bolsena has a local sailing school that offers excellent opportunities to improve your boating skills whilst exploring the lake. Or if sailing isn't for you, why not try one of the inexpensive sightseeing boat trips that go from Bolsena's small harbour during the summer.
If you like cycling, bikes for adults and children are available to hire from along the town's lake shore. For those of you who enjoy horse riding there is also a local riding school on the outskirts of Bolsena. The beautiful, unspoilt countryside around Bolsena also offers perfect opportunities for walking, birdwatching and nature photography.
Key Bolsena Summer Celebrations in 2012:
Feast of St Anthony of Padua, with traditional procession in the afternoon and fireworks display on the lake in late evening.
Hydrangea festival. Flowers are displayed along the streets of the historic centre. There is also an interesting tour of Bolsena's historical homes; tasting of wine, oil and typical products like the famous Lake fish.
Feast of Corpus Christi (infiorata). Every year the blood-stained stones are carried in procession through the streets, which are covered by the ‘Infiorata’ – a mosaic of coloured flowers, either arranged in geometric figures or depicting sacred art.
Fish festival takes place on the lake shores in the afternoons.
The mysteries of Santa Christina - celebrated since the fourth century. Actors in costume depict a series of scenes representing the Mysteries and the Passion of Saint Christina in the ten episodes of her martyrdom.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
+44 (0)1273 561764
Please call evenings after 1900, or at weekends.
Member since: 2009
- On floor 1
- 80 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 has a comfortable Queen sized bed. with bedside cupboards and lamps and a large wardrobe for storing clothes. Bedroom 2 has french doors leading to a small front balcony. There are two comfortable single beds, with bedside lamps and a bedside cupboard for storing small items; also a spacious chest of drawers and hanging space for clothes. Central heating radiators in both bedrooms provide warmth in the colder winter months and powerful ceiling fans keep the bedrooms cool during the hot summer season....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- We have fitted out one bathroom as a shower room with a large shower and kept the other as a traditional bathroom. Both are spacious with good facilities including plenty of storage, toilet, washbasin and bidet in each room, allowing two couples or a family to share the apartment and yet have privacy. Both rooms have wall mounted central heating radiators to keep them warm during the winter months and colder evenings....moreless
- The apartment is on the first (top) floor, with terraces front and back. Although fine for most people, it is unsuitable for those unable to climb a flight of stairs. Young children will need close parental supervision on both the terraces. A small, walled back garden area at ground floor level provides a pleasant extra space for sunbathing and relaxing. The modern kitchen has excellent cooking facilities and a coffee maker. Both bedrooms and the lounge have powerful ceiling fans to keep them cool in the hot summer months. French doors in the lounge lead onto the back sun terrace with its lovely orchard and Lake Bolsena views. Those in the smaller bedroom open onto a small front balcony. An extending dining table and set of 6 chairs are on the back sun terrace for al fresco summer dining and two large sunblinds provide plenty of shade. No smoking is allowed inside the apartment and for your safety, smoke detectors have been installed. Sorry but we do not accept pets....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 29 - Mar 24, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Mar 25 - May 26, 2017
4 night min stay
May 27 - Jun 23, 2017
4 night min stay
Jun 24 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Sep 29, 2017
4 night min stay
Sep 30 - Oct 27, 2017
4 night min stay
Oct 28 - Mar 24, 2018
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
For holiday parties of 5 and 6 people, supplementary weekly charge of £15.00 per person in mid and high seasons.
Please take out holiday insurance. No refunds can be given for payments made, unless I can re-rent the apartment for cancelled dates.
Rental cost includes final cleaning, utilities, provision of towels and bedding.
Cost of off and low season rental includes central heating.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Bolsena is the capital and jewel of the Lake. The town is a superb base to explore the area and enjoy the local beaches and swim in the fresh water lake. The lake water is outstandingly clear and well stocked with fish, and the town and surrounding area has a number of excellent restaurants where you can enjoy the local catch. Our accommodation is situated near the town centre and the lake so it has the best of both worlds.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: My husband and I live in Brighton, a lively cosmopolitan city by the sea, just an hour away from London by train. Fortunately we're not too far from Gatwick airport and this makes travelling to Italy easy and quick.
Why the Owner Chose Bolsena VT, Italy:
We fell in love with Bolsena whilst on a walking holiday in Italy and returned the next year with the idea that we might buy a holiday home. When the local Agent showed us round this apartment we knew it was what we wanted. It took us a whole year to navigate the Italian legal system and buy our apartment. We've never regretted doing so and we're only sorry that jobs in the UK prevent us spending more time there. So we rent it out and invite our guests to share the pleasure of spending a comfortable time in this beautiful part of Italy.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The apartment has a beautiful view from the lounge and sun terrace across a local orchard to Lake Bolsena. It's really peaceful and relaxing and we love eating al fresco whilst watching the sun set over the lake.
- Primary: +44 (0)1273 561764 Please call evenings after 1900, or at weekends.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Bolsena lake view from sun terrace
Sunny, private terrace
Enjoy candelit dining
Well appointed kitchen
Master bedroom - queen size bed
Twin bedroom at night
Private ground floor garden area
Bolsena lakeside stroll
Bolsena town and lake from the castle
Bolsena harbour - winter view
Cathedral's stunning interior
Spacious sun terrace
Bright and comfortable lounge
Comfortable seating and dining
Kitchen at night
Twin bedroom with own front balcony
Spacious private driveway
Elegant promenade by Lake Bolsena
Bolsena - Restaurant on the water
Exploring Bolsena's medieval quarter
Street view of Montefiascone cathedral
Lake Bolsena on borders of Tuscany and Umbria
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM