About the property
- House1362 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Tree filtered light-filled 3 BR, 2 Ba, Sleeps up to 8
Let your imagination begin. Put your feet up and relax next to the fire. Or sit back on the large deck and take in the sounds of the Sierras. This cozy home invites your family and friends to enjoy the alpine air and experience some time nestled amongst the firs. The living room is spacious with vaulted cathedral ceilings. A massive wall of windows rises to the roof inviting tree-filtered natural light throughout the chalet.
The roomy kitchen includes an open view to the dining and living areas. Kids and friends can belly up to the breakfast bar on four old west style, leather-topped swivel stools. The large dining table offers the setting for memorable dinners over glasses of wine and laughter. Or on warm summer nights take advantage of the Weber BBQ and picnic on the deck. After dinner enjoy one of the board games on the soft carpet before the fire.
With nearly ½ acre, the gently sloping lot backs to a green belt for hiking, playing and exploring. The neighborhood offers even more:
• The Tahoe Donner golf course, equestrian center, hiking and biking trails, bocce ball and volleyball, and tennis courts.
• Year round heated pools, steam room, sauna, hot tubs / spas, and more at Trout Creek Recreation Center and Northwoods Clubhouse.
• A short drive to world-class all-season resorts like Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Sugarbowl and Royal Gorge.
• The Lodge Restaurant & Pub – relaxed bistro atmosphere with fine pub cuisine
• Pizza on the Hill
• The Snowplay Area for tubing and sledding on groomed runs, snowshoeing and cocoa and snacks.
• Easy access to downtown Truckee for antiquing, shopping, groceries, restaurants, cafes, pubs and more.
• And when it’s time to go home, you will already be on the west side of Truckee, well ahead of those caught up behind you in the choked traffic on Hwy 89.
1. Master Suite (entire 2nd floor) – Queen bed - handmade custom log bed. Many windows and views. Private bathroom. Loft area overlooking the living area and the tree canopy outside the picture windows.
2. Bunk Room (1st floor) – Two (2) twin-over-full-size bunk beds. Shared full bathroom.
3. Bedroom 3 (1st floor) – Queen bed. Shared full bathroom.
Items included for your convenience:
• LCD TV, high speed internet, Blue-Ray DVD player with WIFI for Hulu, Netflix, games, etc.
• Pack N Play and Space Saver High Chair for our littlest guests
• Board games
• Pots & Pans, cutting boards, knives, various dishware and utensils
• Coffee Maker & bean grinder (gold filter always provided; also #2 paper filters often included)
• Salad Spinner
• Hair dryer
• Washer & Dryer (detergent nearly always included)
• Linens & Towels
• Garbage bags
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 16, 2018
What makes this House unique
Rental includes guest passes for up to eight people to access private Tahoe Donner amenities. (Day use fees are additional). Tahoe Donner amenities include the private Trout Creek Recreation Center featuring a full gym, hot tubs and year-round pool. Seasonal amenities include the Tahoe Donner Ski Area, X-Country Ski Center, private beach at Donner Lake, golf, tennis, hiking/biking trails, equestrian center, and more!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Cozy, warm and perfect!
This cabin was lovely and the online description was accurate. We arrived very late and the heat was on and the place was cozy. Very comfortable for 4 of us. The sleds were super fun too! Would absolutely stay there again and highly recommend to others!
Thanks for the thoughtful review! We enjoyed having you in our home, and please come back anytime!
Comfortable cabin with plenty of amenities
The Glacier View Chalet was exactly as described. We happened to be there in between snow storms and the cabin had enough amenities for the three kids (2, 4, and 6) to be entertained the whole time without us having to drive anywhere else. Between the board games, puzzles, and sleds, there was plenty to do both inside and outside. The bunk beds were a big hit! The kitchen came with all the basics and there were plenty of spices and condiments for cooking any meal. The wood burning fire place provided a warm, cozy atmosphere. I would definitely stay at this chalet again!
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back again and try another season!
Comfortable and great for ski trip
My family loved the time here. Comfortable beds, everything we needed for cooking and games for evening. Had a great time.
Two families stayed at this cozy place and we loved it. We were pleasantly surprised how well stocked it was. From board games to kitchen supplies and even plenty of firewood. The owners respond quickly by email or text when you have a question.
This is a very comfortable home on a quiet street. It is clean, comfortable with a well stocked kitchen. The owners responded to emails very quickly. We had a great and definitely planning to stay there again in the future.
Loved the house!
We stayed 2 nights & loved it! The house was very comfortable for 2 families. It was very well stocked....the kitchen, lots of games, sleds for the snow :). We would definitely stay there again!
We are so glad you had a great time Shannon - please come back again! Highly recommended guests for other VRBO homeowners.