|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Located adjacent to protected national forest land, this vacation home has 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and sleeps up to 10. The configuration is 2 master bedrooms with queen beds, 1 bedroom with two twin beds and 1 bed room with 4 bunk beds. The living/dining area faces the forest through large picture windows. The huge deck is perfect for lounging, eating and entertaining. In the winter, the large stone fireplace creates a comfy setting for reading and relaxing.
We live in Portland but spend as much time as possible at Black Butte. Our three boys, now adults, love our home at the Ranch and still spend as much time there as college and jobs allow. When they were younger, they loved being able to bicycle around the ranch on their own, visiting each of the 4 pools as well as exploring in the woods near the house. We love visting the nearby Metolius river to fly fish and hike; and playing golf together on the two great golf courses.
David and Pam Knowles purchased this house in 2002
We purchased the property because we wanted a combination of a quiet setting and nearby activities for adults and kids. Black Butte is perfect for both
We had such a great time. SM 111 is the perfect house for multiple families to stay at. The floor plan is open, the kids had a blast, and we plan on coming back in the summer!
- Cozy cabin feel.
- Ample space for entertaining, and dividing groups if desired (sending kids upstairs to watch TV/play games in the loft, for example).
- Great view of only trees and snow (in winter) from the large back windows. This was a big plus!
- Huge fireplace with ample wood supply provided. A great benefit we really enjoyed.
- Sinks in upstairs rooms were very convenient.
- Dimmer switches in the main room and dining room were very nice.
- Walking distance from the Glaze Meadow activity center, which we used and appreciated.
- Maybe I'm spoiled from other rentals, but while the driveway was plowed, the front porch was covered in two feet of snow. We had to tromp through it and then clear it to get in the house and utility room. I'd expect this to be done before arrival on a rental. It has been on every other house I've rented.
- Directions to find water turn-on valve were lacking. After calling the owners, I found it. Here's what the directions should say: "To find the valve to turn on the water for the house, walk out the front door and stand in front of the front porch looking at the driveway. The valve is in the ground approximately 3 feet to your right, and 1 foot away from the house. It is in the ground under a green access cap. If there is snow you may need to dig it out with a shovel provided in the utility room."
- The washer and dryer are old, very slow, and did not work well. These should be upgraded.
- Departure requirements include washing ALL towels and at least one load of sheets, folding, and replacing them to arrival conditions. Isn't this what the cleaning fee is for!? We spent multiple hours on this the morning of our departure, and it was lengthened by the sub-par washer/dryer. By far our biggest complaint.
- Front door needs a deadbolt; it only has a doorknob lock and doesn't close very easily.
- As of Dec 27, 2016 the soap dispenser in the dishwasher is broken and missing the cover lid.
- As of Dec 27, 2016 the exhaust fan in the upstairs bathroom has a nasty squeak when running.
- No garage.
Our 6-person family stayed at this house for a getaway for Christmas and a birthday. It was great for family time, cozy, but had enough space for us all, and very enjoyable. We would consider staying again if some of the cons mentioned above are addressed. Overall we would recommend this house.
Thanks so much for a wonderful stay at your house this week. We loved the location and how well stocked with equipment the kitchen was, really enjoyed snowshoeing out the back door, appreciated the steam room at the rec center, loved the fireplace, and all slept well in the comfy rooms. We had a lovely time in Black Butte Ranch and are grateful for you guys opening up your sweet space for us to enjoy. The pictures on the site don't do the home justice. This is a great house in a great place and worked really well for our group of 9 adults (and one tiny dog). Only thing we would change would be a hot tub on the deck!
Our home is located in Black Butte, a resort in Central Oregon. We have a quiet setting facing a protected portion of the Deschutes National Forest. A recreation center with an outdoor and indoor pool, hot tub, spa and bike rentals is a 5 minute walk away. Black Butte has two golf courses. Black Butte is near world class golf, fly fishing, hiking and skiing. Paved bike paths offer safe and fun bicycle riding for all ages.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 20 2016 - Jun 10 2017
1 night minimum stay
Jun 11 2017 - Sep 19 2017
7 night minimum stay
$75 cleaning fee will be added to the total. Holiday Rates are $300/night (min. 2 nights). Black Butte Ranch charges a gate fee of $8 per person per day which is collected by BBR when you arrive. We do not collect this fee. Pet deposit of $500 is 100% refundable upon clear cleaning inspection. Renters are responsible for any damage to the property, and an additional cleaning fee if our cleaning crew reports that more than the average cleaning is required.