Located adjacent to protected national forest land, this vacation home has 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and sleeps up to 8. The configuration is 2 master bedrooms with queen beds, 1 bedroom with two twin beds and 1 bedroom with 4 bunk beds. The living/dining area faces the forest through large picture windows. The huge deck is perfect for lounging, eating and entertaining. In the winter, the large stone fireplace creates a comfy setting for reading and relaxing.
- House1750 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay1 - 7 nights
4 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Home Has Privacy But Is Close To Pool And Golf
David and Pam Knowles
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Sep 17, 2018
About David and Pam Knowles
We live in Portland but spend as much time as possible at Black Butte. Our three boys, now adults, love our home at the Ranch and still spend as much time there as jobs allow. When they were younger, they loved being able to bicycle around the ranch on their own, visiting each of the 4 pools as well as exploring in the woods near the house. We love visting the nearby Metolius river to fly fish and hike; and playing golf together on the two great golf courses and tennis on the many availabelecourts. Of course we can ride our bikes everwhere. An annual trek to the top of Black Butte where you can see all the surrounding mountains including, on a clear day, Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.
David and Pam Knowles purchased this House in 2002
Why David and Pam Knowles chose Black Butte Ranch
We purchased the property because we wanted a combination of a quiet setting and nearby activities for adults and kids. Black Butte is perfect for both. Our home is backed by forest service property so our only neighbors off the back deck are the deer that wander through each day. When we want more activity Glaze Meadow pool is a 5 minute walk or South Meadow Pool is a short bike ride away.
What makes this House unique
Being located adjacent to forest service property provide a lot of privacy as well as the opportunity to see more wildlife. Deer usually walkthrough the property at least once a day. The big deck is a wonderful gathering place for family and firends and in the winter the two stroy fireplace keeps everyone toasty. Our home is also located close to Glaze Meadow Recreation Center for swiming, sunbathing, workout room, steam room, hot tub, tennis, basketball, pickle ball, water areobics and yoga, and we are close to Glaze Meadow Golf.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Our family of four had an amazing stay. We loved the deck, privacy, fully equipped kitchen, comfortable furniture and beds, etc. We will definitely be back! Thanks!
Hi Becky -
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our home and we look forward to having you and your family back!
Enjoy the rest of summer!
Beautiful and serene with all the comforts of home!
We really enjoyed our stay at this property in Black Butte. My family was having a reunion during the rodeo weekend, and they did not have room enough for all of us, so we rented this home for a few of us, and it was spectacular. All the appliances worked and the rooms were comfortable and clean. All the common areas were well appointed and the view of trees went on forever unobstructed. Thank you to the owners for a great getaway!
Thank you Margaret for your your review of our home. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope you had a great time at the rodeo! We also enjoy sitting on the deck and looking out on the forest.
We look forward to hosting you again!
David and Pam
Great home in the perfect location
Our family had a wonderful time and this house fit the bill perfectly for us.
Thanks Jay! We enjoyed having you and your family stay and hope we see you again. Pam Knowles
Wonderful time in the snow.
What a great weekend we had staying here in the snow. The house warmed up nicely with the chilly temperatures. There was plenty of room for all 10 of us.
Thanks Cameron! We are so happy you all enjoyed our home!
We love it!!!!
We had such a great time. SM 111 is the perfect house for multiple families to stay at. The floor plan is open, the kids had a blast, and we plan on coming back in the summer!
Hi Sarah - You mentioned that you might be interested in staying in our home during the summer and I wanted to let you know that it is booking up in case you want to make a reservation.
Cozy place with great view
- Cozy cabin feel.
- Ample space for entertaining, and dividing groups if desired (sending kids upstairs to watch TV/play games in the loft, for example).
- Great view of only trees and snow (in winter) from the large back windows. This was a big plus!
- Huge fireplace with ample wood supply provided. A great benefit we really enjoyed.
- Sinks in upstairs rooms were very convenient.
- Dimmer switches in the main room and dining room were very nice.
- Walking distance from the Glaze Meadow activity center, which we used and appreciated.
- Maybe I'm spoiled from other rentals, but while the driveway was plowed, the front porch was covered in two feet of snow. We had to tromp through it and then clear it to get in the house and utility room. I'd expect this to be done before arrival on a rental. It has been on every other house I've rented.
- Directions to find water turn-on valve were lacking. After calling the owners, I found it. Here's what the directions should say: "To find the valve to turn on the water for the house, walk out the front door and stand in front of the front porch looking at the driveway. The valve is in the ground approximately 3 feet to your right, and 1 foot away from the house. It is in the ground under a green access cap. If there is snow you may need to dig it out with a shovel provided in the utility room."
- The washer and dryer are old, very slow, and did not work well. These should be upgraded.
- Departure requirements include washing ALL towels and at least one load of sheets, folding, and replacing them to arrival conditions. Isn't this what the cleaning fee is for!? We spent multiple hours on this the morning of our departure, and it was lengthened by the sub-par washer/dryer. By far our biggest complaint.
- Front door needs a deadbolt; it only has a doorknob lock and doesn't close very easily.
- As of Dec 27, 2016 the soap dispenser in the dishwasher is broken and missing the cover lid.
- As of Dec 27, 2016 the exhaust fan in the upstairs bathroom has a nasty squeak when running.
- No garage.
Our 6-person family stayed at this house for a getaway for Christmas and a birthday. It was great for family time, cozy, but had enough space for us all, and very enjoyable. We would consider staying again if some of the cons mentioned above are addressed. Overall we would recommend this house.
Thanks for the review Ken. We appreciated your suggestions and have implemented several.
We pay to have the driveway plowed before guests arrive, and it should have been done. You may not be aware that BlackButte had record snowfall this year - over 5 feet and the plows were being utilized for clearing roads, so they may have not done their usual spectacular job.
We have a new dryer and have had the washer checked. There is a new fan in the upstairs bathroom. We didn't see any issue with the dishwasher. We will include your suggested description for finding the water valve. Thanks! This can be a challenge in the winter with snow, but other times it is clearly visable. We have installed an entire new door which is a beautiful addition to our home.
I am not sure where you read about washing sheets as all we ask is that renters wash and dry the towels. The cleaners are only at the house for a few hours and cannot get through several loads of towels in that time.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit again in the future to see the upgrades.
David and Pam
Our home is located in Black Butte, a resort in Central Oregon. We have a quiet setting facing a protected portion of the Deschutes National Forest. A recreation center with an outdoor and indoor pool, hot tub, spa and bike rentals is a 5 minute walk away. Black Butte has two golf courses. Black Butte is near world class golf, fly fishing, hiking and skiing. Paved bike paths offer safe and fun bicycle riding for all ages.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
$140 cleaning fee will be added to the total. Holiday Rates are $300/night (min. 2 nights). Black Butte Ranch charges a gate fee of $8 per person (over the age of 7) per day which is collected by BBR when you arrive. We do not collect this fee. No pets allowed. Renters are responsible for any damage to the property, and an additional cleaning fee if our cleaning crew reports that more than the average cleaning is required.