PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT NOTES PRIOR TO PROCEEDING TO PROPERTY DESCRIPTION
- Please note that it is necessary to take a ferry to Daufuskie Island and the cost of boat and ground transportation is around $55 per person roundtrip, with discounts available for children 5 and under.We are happy to provide information about coming to Daufuskie, located between Hilton Head, SC and Savannah, Georgia. However, before contacting us with questions, please review our website's FAQ page: http://www.daufuskierentalgroup.com/faq.html.
- Important Scheduling Information: Unless there is a partial week gap, for the summer of 2017 there will be a 7 day minimum, running Saturday to Saturday.
1) This cottage is a direct ocean-front property and is situated on a corner lot, providing its lucky guests with an wonderful view of the ocean from two sides.
2) A Sofa-Sleeper in the living room with an adjoining half-bath and dressing room makes this perfect for family groups.
3) A complimentary 4 person golf cart is provided by the owners.
Location, location, location! The beautiful and spacious Blue Fuskie Cottage provides its lucky renters with a front row view of the Atlantic Ocean that has to be seen to be appreciated. Talk about a WOW factor!! Imagine yourself driving on your rented golf cart through a quiet road lined with Live Oaks draped with Spanish moss, pulling up to the back entrance of your vacation home, walking into your bright and spacious living room, and being greeted with a dazzling panorama of the ocean and blue sky just beyond. Trust us…It just doesn’t get any better than this!
This vacation home has undergone a major renovation that created a large open floor plan tastefully decorated with a subtle coastal seascape theme. The cottage was designed to provide an ideal space for family get-togethers, including an open kitchen with granite counter tops and updated appliances overlooking the living room and dining areas.
Each of the two oversized bedrooms has its own private bathroom (an additional half-bath is conveniently located off of the living room) and provide a lovely and serene setting where you will fall asleep listening to the nearby ocean waves. The cottage can comfortably accommodate up to 8 people, with a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, two queen-sized beds in the front bedroom, and the leather sofa in the living room providing another queen-sized bed when opened up.
Your cottage includes a screened-in porch on the ocean side, and what a perfect place to enjoy to enjoy your morning coffee while watching the sun come up over the ocean! You will actually see glimpses of both South Carolina and Georgia from here, with Hilton Head off to your left, and the Tybee Island lighthouse on your right. And straight ahead….nothing but soaring sea gulls, a beautiful stretch of sandy beach, and of course, the deep blue ocean itself!
You will find yourself strolling from your cottage to the beach over and over. This pristine and secluded beach is perfect for long walks, jogging, and even bike riding. (No golf carts here, though! This is a nesting area for the endangered Loggerhead Turtles.) Families especially enjoy the relatively calm waters where children can swim and play without fear of a strong undertow. It’s a great beach for building sand castles and hunting for shells and sand dollars after the tide goes out.
You will enjoy touring the island on your complimentary cart as well as bikes, which are available for rental. And there's no better place for nice long walks!
The wildlife is abundant and breathtaking. The resort is the home of a Great White Egret rookery, where you will see hundreds of these graceful birds settle in for the night. A nest of American Bald Eagles can be seen now and then, and some lucky visitors can actually catch site of a Loggerhead Turtle coming ashore to lay hundreds of eggs in the soft sand.
You will want to spend time exploring the rest of this unique and special island. Accessible only by ferry, Daufuskie's isolation from the hustle and bustle of the mainland provides a one-of-its-kind experience for those looking to truly get away from it all. (See below under 'Owners Profile') for a more detailed description of the island.)
If you're looking for an old-fashioned Beach vacation experience, this beautiful cottage will exceed your expectations. This is a very popular cottage with island visitors, so be sure to reserve your time at this lovely vacation home today!