Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
Why Farzie Mumm chose Lahaina
Honua Kai is the newest and most elegant resort on Ka'anapali Beach, with all the amenities of a 5 star resort. Includes multiple pools, with slide, waterfalls, spas, and kids pools and play areas. No other resort can compare to these amenities. Full gym and exercise facilities. Poolside service from Duke's restaurant is an added bonus. Honua Kai is beach front for swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling, and just enjoying the scenery. Dukes restaurant is on site. Direct access to the beach-walk which will take you all the way down Ka'anapali Beach from one end to the other. Walk to Whalers Village restaurants and shopping. Honua Kai offers the perfect venue for memorable vacations for couples, and for families with children.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
We loved the condo! Everything we hoped for and more!
The Honua Kai is great! Grounds are beautiful, pools have something for everyone and loved watching the sunsets from the beach. The condo is well-done, clean and the furniture and beds are comfy.
Some other "pros":
- Lots of beach and pool toys, chairs, umbrellas- awesome for the kids
- Feels big and spacious
- Condo well configured and both bedrooms are basically masters, which is great.
- Can't hear any neighbors or people-type noise
- Some great kitchen additions like a slow cooker made cooking easy
- When we complained about noise to Farzi, she was quick to call the building security, which checked in with us twice (they thought it was guests partying when it turns out it was something to do with the loading area- see below)
Some things to be aware of:
- 220 is a corner unit on the second floor right above the loading or maintenance area of the building. So, this means that there is a bit of noise associated with this location. And, it is at all kinds of hours. The first night we thought there was thunder, and it turns out, after much investigation, that there must have been staff working or unloading or loading something in the area right below us. The noise wasn't constant, but it was enough to be bothersome and noticeable- sometimes late at night or early in the morning.
- Because of the second floor area, the wall around the lanai is stucco, not glass like all the other floors. This means that when sitting down, you don't get the peek-a-boo ocean view.
- The advertisement of the wrap around deck is a bit of a stretch. The part that is wrapped around is not private- other condos have access to that space as well, and other guests did use the space for things like making phone calls during our stay. While we felt secluded on the main part of the lanai, there is no wall or gate or anything that separates you from some of the other condos around the corner.
- The knives need to be sharpened! They are so dull that they are almost dangerous to use. I know a crazy thing to mention, but if you plan on cooking like we did, it is worth being aware of. We almost went out and bought new ones!
Overall we had a great stay besides the few things mentioned!
Spacious and beautiful condo in a resort with all the amenities you might need. Close to restaurants and grocery stores. Super easy to check in and parking is free. The wristbands to open all kinds of things are a great idea.
Nice condo and very accommodating staff
Beautiful condo with lots of room
This resort has it all. Lots of pools and near the ocean. Would definitely stay in the resort the next time we travel to Maui.
Perfect for 2 couples! Had a wonderful relaxing time.
Honua Kai Resort is the newest Five Star property on Maui. Just 26 miles from the main Kahului Airport (OGG), Honua Kai is centrally located on the world famous Ka'anapali North Beach. This sandy, ocean front property provides easy access to all your favorite water activities. It is less than a ten minute drive to Lahaina Town, where many travelers enjoy a visit at least once during their stay for shopping and dining. Honua Kai is conveniently located across the street from the Times Market Shopping Center which includes a supermarket as well as a jewelry, gift and clothing store, dry cleaners, fast food and other favorite restaurants and the best pizza on the island. The ocean front boardwalk provides the opportunity to walk to other resorts and restaurants in Ka'anapali.