Beach Front Cottage with Amazing Year Round Water & Sunset Views!!!(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 Bed/1 Bath/ Sleeps 6
This is a two bedroom, one full bath home, which comfortably sleeps six and is located right on Shore Road with an amazing view above the dunes from the sun room for daily dolphin and sunset watching. Townbank is affectionately known as “Sunset Beach” and offers spectacular sunset viewing every night. People come from all around just to watch the grand colors provided nightly as the sun sinks slowly into the horizon over the water. Staying here ensures you the premium, unobstructed view of this daily event from both inside the home or the fenced in yard at no additional cost!
The home does offer central air conditioning, however guests equally enjoy opening the many windows to fully experience the ocean breeze, peaceful lapping waves and sea gulls beckoning you to enjoy your day on the quiet, non-crowded beach which awaits just outside your door. This area is perfect for strolling about on the beach (no beach tags required!) or biking along the safe shore road that runs directly in front of the cottage.
The Cape May-Lewis Ferry is just about one mile down the road. If you want to hit the boardwalk at night, Cape May is 10 minutes by car and Wildwood is just as close. Nearby there are wineries, shops, galleries and gourmet restaurants. Harpoon Henry's, a beach front restaurant and tiki bar, is just a few blocks walk down the road and a great place to dine in a Key-West type environment if you aren't in the mood to cook! You can have a few drinks and simply walk home; no need to worry about driving! A quick trip to the market is only a few minutes by car. Major highways are accessible just outside of town, yet traffic is not a problem while staying in Townbank. The “small town feel” is comforting while strolling or biking throughout the town.
The house is comfortably furnished for your enjoyment and offers updated kitchen appliances, two bedrooms plus additional sleeping in pull-out beds. The eat in dining room for six is beautifully furnished and is next to the living room where you can relax watching cable television, reading or chatting. The grand sun room offers additional dining while overlooking the water, or just a place to hang-out and watch the dolphins or sunsets.
The cottage sits in a large, white picket fenced in yard and offers plenty of space for outdoor fun. Beach access is simply through the gate,down the short, gently sloping dune and you are on our quiet, peaceful, non-crowded beach. It's easy to go back and forth from your “beach camp” to access a snack, drink or the bathroom as you enjoy the tranquil setting of what seems to be a private beach.
Booking your vacation couldn't be simpler! Check our calendar for availability and rate that are extremely reasonable for beach front property.
* Central air and ceiling fans
* The kitchen is equipped with gas stove/oven, refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, toaster oven, microwave, general cleaning supplies and all dishes, glasses, pots and pans, utensils you will need.
* The living room offers a large TV with cable, WiFi, two comfortable recliners and many wonderful books to peruse during your stay.
* Bedrooms offer comforters so simply bring your own linens for two full size beds.
* The bathroom has a large tub/shower combination and a brightly lit vanity area however, you will need to provide your own bath towels.
* We provide a couple of beach chairs, umbrella and offer outdoor seating and eating for your enjoyments. In addition we offer a sea kayak for your use. Just bring beach towels and you are ready to hit the sand and water!
* While there are no laundry facilities on the premises, we do have an outdoor clothes line to dry your beach items. There is a clean, lovely laundromat within a five minute car ride.
* The most amazing amenity we offer is the world class SUNSET and dolphin watching from the privacy of your beach front sun room! It just can't be beat!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Nicely remodeled, full size tub with shower.
- Peaceful, relaxing, tranquil home directly on Shore Road overlooking the beach We do welcome your family dog, but there is an additional fee & increased refundable security deposit. Your pet must be flea & tick free, and on preventive program such as Frontline. No tethering in yard, left unattended and we ask that you clean excrement up immediately after each occurrence. Ask management for consideration when requesting reservation....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 20 - Jun 16, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 17 - Sep 8, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sep 9 - Nov 3, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 4 - Mar 30, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $150
- Cleaning- Off Peak Only $150
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
We rent our Waters Edge Villa for a Minimum Stay of 7 Day Stays at a time (Saturday to Saturday).
There are certain cases were a stay can be less then our Minimum Stay of 7 Days (Subject to Discussion & Approval)
Average Nightly Rates DO NOT Apply in any case.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Cottage is located directly overlooking beach, above the dunes and within walking distance to dining, entertainment and the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. Nearby beaches, such as Cape May and Wildwood offer boardwalks for your amusement pleasure!
Year Purchased: 1988
About the owner: The owner Gary Prowe and his dog Tank relaxing in the yard after fishing on the beach!
Why the Owner Chose Town Bank, Lower Township, NJ, USA:
Beach front homes capture a unique experience that words cannot express. You owe it to yourself to live on the water, at least one time in your lifetime! Our cottage offers country farmhouse charm overlooking the beach. Open the windows and enjoy the sounds of gentle waves coming in breathe in the healthy ocean air. Watch amazing sunsets from the yard, on the beach or from the sunroom.
- Primary: 856-939-0197 Office hours M-F 8am to 2pm
- Secondary: 609-313-3920 After hours emergency calls - Gary Prowe (owner)
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The perfect sunset view from our cottage!
This is why our beach is referred to as "Home of the Sunsets"
Relaxing, bug free way to enjoy the views
Dolphins swim by just about every day & are visible from our sunroom!
Beach crowding is NEVER a problem!
The galley farmhouse kitchen offers everything you could need to whip up a meal!
A view of the water from every window!
Standing on the beach, in front of the dune, looking up at the house
Kayaking right in front of our cottage July 2016
Relaxing on the beach directly in front of the house
July 4th weekend 2016
People often launch small sailboats off the beach. Our kayak available for use.
A bright, sunny bedroom to relax in!
Our charming farmhouse-like kitchen
Standing in dining room looking through living room to sunroom
Enjoy a country feel at the beach!
Dining in the yard is available with a chimenea to enjoy at night!
"Home of the Best Sunsets" speaks the truth on the water tower!
The wildflowers are starting to bloom July 2, 2016. Truly gives a country feel!
June 2016 Sunset
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.