Pristine Nature & Ocean Views Next to the Highlands Inn in Carmel Highlands(35 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Rustic Home On 1 Acre W/ Panoramic Ocean & Highland Views. Sleeps 4 To 14.
Peace Cove sits on a bluff in the Carmel Highlands perched above rocky seashores with stunning views of Point Lobos and ocean sunsets. 4 miles south of Carmel-by-the-Sea, and on your way to Big Sur, it is the perfect place to stay and explore Monterey Bay, Carmel Valley, & the Big Sur Coastline!
It is also the ideal solution for extended family & friends' accommodations when you plan your next celebration at the Highlands Inn.
Sleeps up to a party of 8.
* 3 Bedrooms (includes 1 mid-size loft), and an additional youth-size loft.
* The Living Room & Great Room provide separate gathering spaces which visitors can relax in while enjoying the coastal views. The Living Room has stunning panoramic views; The Great Room opens to the Sunset Deck and also provides views towards the ocean.
* Dining Room with Fireplace & ambiance.
* Morning and Sunset Decks. Panoramic views towards ocean, canyon, & hillsides.
* Expansive natural outdoor spaces on 1 acre of private & lush wild landscape.
* On-site parking for up to 4 cars, & easy access to Hwy 1.
* A one minute stroll to dining at the Highlands Inn’s California Kitchen & 5-star Pacific Edge Restaurant. No need to drive!
* Visitors will enjoy Peace Cove's privacy and sense of freedom; one sees private stunning & expansive views of nature.
* The house is comfortable and the feeling is rustic, like a spacious cabin. Air conditioning is opening the windows and doors. The lifestyle is closer to nature with homespun comforts.
The beauty of its natural setting combined with easy convenience makes Peace Cove the perfect vacation retreat to enjoy in groups! Share happy moments together with family & friends, be it a reunion, vacation, wedding, or simply a memorable getaway. We hope that you love Peace Cove as much as we do.
This is a private residence, not wheelchair accessible to the main floor (shortest path is 5 wide steps accessible), and infants & toddlers should be supervised at all times. This home & its surroundings feel wild and natural, and it is full of wildlife. Attention & caution should be used on the premises for the benefit of its natural residents and Peace Cove visitors.
We also have wonderful and discreet long-term tenant living in a separate unit under the house and behind the garage.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Additional Notes: * The layout of this house allows for a group to occupy it without feeling crowded. The sleeping areas are dispersed (rather than along one corridor), and the house can easily be zoned for 3 small families sharing it (when having kids use the sleeper sofas and daybed): zone 1) Great Room+Master Bedroom; zone 2) Living Room+Pt. Lobos Bedroom+Nest; and zone 3) over Dining Room in the Loft. Sleeps 8 in Beds (including the Day Bed in Great Room). ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Accomodation summary: 3 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4th of July Holiday
Jun 30 - Jul 9, 2017
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Aug 11 - Aug 27, 2017
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Sep 1 - Sep 5, 2017
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,500
- Cleaning Fee (+$100,7-8) $250
- Tax Rate 10.5%
Holiday Rates are +$50/day & 3-Night Minimum.
** 5 Night Minimums are required on these dates.
Holidays & Special Events: AT&T Golf, Easter, Big Sur Marathon, Memorial Day, PGA Golf**, 4th of July**, Moto GP Laguna Seca, Concours d'Elegance**, Labor Day, Monterey Jazz Fest., Big Sur Marathon, Thanksgiving**, Christmas**, New Years**.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Why the Owner Chose Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA:
Patrick is from Sanary, France; Karen is from the Bay Area. Having grown up on the French Riviera, and the California Coast, we both have a deep love for the ocean and nature. On a short vacation & exploration, while driving past Carmel on the way to Big Sur, we both fell in love with the Carmel Highlands. It was our dream place - plain & simple. Somehow the magic of this area - it is magical you will see.. is healing and simply deeply moving. The coast just south of Carmel is pristine and for us, the most beautiful place on earth! When we found Peace Cove, we could see that the house was in need of work, however we loved the site, its orientation, and with the background sound of waves and distant seals barking, we imagined the stone path and secret garden we would create. Hummingbirds came close and hovered near us, the Monarchs flew around us, the giant squirrel that lives in the canyon visited, the crows observed us from the giant pine tree & oak. We felt we had a welcoming party! For us, there is something deeply healing about the area in general and this place in particular. You can be stiller, you can think more clearly, you can feel deeply, and you can leave feeling filled with light and pure energy..
- Primary: +1 650-851-2412
Links to more information:
Welcome to Peace Cove! We hope you will enjoy...
step into lush views & ocean air...
entering the Living Room
on the Sunset Deck
opens onto the Sunset Deck, connects to the Dining Room and to the Master Bdrm
the Loft is above the Dining Room..
enjoy the evening ambiance..
morning light & lush views from the Kitchen..
early morning view from The Nest
the view driving in...
the Living Room (doors lead to 'Pt. Lobos Bedroom' & stairs to 'the Nest').
enjoy panoramic nature & ocean views in a favorite spot...
the Great Room..
the Master Bedroom w/ Private Bathroom opens to Morning Deck.
Point Lobos Bedroom
the Dining Room - step out to Ocean Views
sun sets at Peace Cove..
and outside on the Morning Deck.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.