A picturesque retreat awaits on Dan's Mountain in the Allegheny Mountain Range at this private 1-bed, 1-bath vacation rental cabin! Sleeping 4 guests, 'Patriot's Retreat' features rustic decor complemented by modern amenities - perfect for the outdoorsy person at heart. Quiet and peaceful, the home's location speaks to the soul; soothing it with mountain views and a pond for fishing.
Bedroom: Queen Bed | Living Room: Full Futon | Loft: Full Mattress
Start each morning of your stay with a freshly brewed cup of coffee on the covered front porch! Watch as the sun brings the Allegheny Mountain Range to life - eventually creeping its way to the home's front door.
Once the late snoozers arise, head back inside for a light breakfast, easily prepared in the well-equipped kitchenette. Modern appliances, including a full refrigerator, coffee maker, and stove/oven combo with 2 burners, make home-cooking a breeze during your mountain retreat. Choose to dine indoors around the quaint wooden table or al fresco at the picnic table.
Spend your days in the great outdoors; fishing at the property's pond or exploring on your ATV. No matter how you fill your time, you're bound to fall in love with the breathtaking landscape that unfolds before you wherever you may venture.
Return to your home-away-from-home for an evening well spent! Knotty pine and rustic decor only further enhance your quintessential log cabin experience, while you watch your favorite shows on the 39-inch flat-screen TV with DirecTV or unplug with a new novel. Even enjoy an at-home barbecue utilizing the gas grill.
Ease into a calm night with a cleansing shower in the full bathroom stocked with fresh towels and complimentary toiletries, in case you forgot your own! Afterward, tell everyone goodnight before crawling into the queen-sized bed for a peaceful night's sleep. Additional guests will find comfortable accommodations on the living room's full futon or in the loft with a full mattress.
With a serene location in the Allegheny Mountains, 'Patriot's Retreat' lets you effortlessly relax in privacy while still providing easy access to numerous outdoor activities, shops, and restaurants. It'll quickly become your new to-go-to home for when you want to disconnect from everyday stress and reconnect with the natural world around you!
Within a short drive of the property, you'll find hiking, mountain biking, and gambling at Rocky Gap Casino Resort and State Park - just 20 minutes away. For road biking, check out the C&O Canal, located even closer to the cabin, and for scenic drives, meander along Route 40, stopping to take in the stunning mountain views. Additionally, you may enjoy local annual events including Del Fest over Memorial Day weekend, Cumberland Heritage Day in June, and The Whiskey Rebellion also in June. For some fast-paced fun, check out the exciting stock car racing at The Cumberland Raceway, located within minutes of the cabin.
Head to Deep Creek Lake, an all-season destination only 45 minutes away, for fishing, swimming, canoeing, skiing and much more! If you prefer to stay closer to home, explore the many historic buildings, like Gordon Roberts House, George Washington's Headquarters, and unique churches found in the town of Cumberland. Complete your day with a dinner at one of the local restaurants, including Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Grill Steak House, Todd's Smokin' Bar-B-Q, and Patrick's Pub.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchenette, gas grill, 39-inch flat-screen TV and 32-inch flat-screen TV with DirecTV, furnished covered porch, picnic table, 2 driveway parking spots with additional parking for ATVs/4-wheelers (with signed release form), and so much more
- Private and peaceful Cumberland location- Nestled in the Allegheny Mountain Range, featuring a pond and mountain views, minutes from outdoor activities, shops, and restaurants!
- A portion of the proceeds goes to supporting hunting arrangements for wounded veterans. Please know that by staying at 'Patriot's Retreat,' you will help provide lodging, meals, and hunts for veterans and their families. The homeowners provide at least one turkey hunt and one whitetail deer hunt per year
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Greater Cumberland Regional Airport (~ 9 miles away)
- Absolutely no hunting allowed on the property
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note the homeowner lives on-site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- This property comfortably sleeps 4 guests, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 6 for groups with children sleeping in the loft
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in