Charming Mid City Shot Gun. Close to Streetcar Line and City Park.(38 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2B/1.5B apt, 2 blocks from the main streetcar line
There's one off-street parking spot in front of the apartment. This is an upstairs apartment, which provides evermore privacy.
It's also conveniently located in historic Mid City. There are hip restaurants and bars within walking distance. The streetcar is 2 blocks away, and you can bike to any part of town from here. We're right off of the Endymion route! You can walk to Jazz Fest and Voodoo Fest from here (we do, and it's a nice walk on the bayou to the fests). You can also walk to City Park to hang out, or to go one of the many festivals that happen there or the New Orleans Museum of Art or to Morning Call at any time of the day for a classic beignet and cafe au lait. There are many great things in City Park. If you need something from the grocery, we're very close to a Whole Foods and Rouses (local chain).
I live next door in the other apartment. If there's anything that you need I'm just a knock away. Otherwise, I understand that this is your vacation, so please enjoy yourself! We look forward to hosting you in New Orleans!
1. Please note that any tentative reservations will only be held for 24 hours. In order to confirm a reservation you must pay for the reservation. The quickest way to pay for a reservation is to press the 'Book it Now' button on this page, and then I'll send you back a payment request. Otherwise, you can get in touch with me, I'll send you a quote (which will be the same as it says already in your vrbo for the requested dates), then send you a payment request. If the payment request goes unanswered for 24 hours, the reservation will be cancelled.
2. There's a reserved parking spot for the apartment right in front of the apartment itself.
3. I don't have a problem with an early check in, so long as someone is not checking out the same day you're checking in. This insures the housekeeper has enough time to clean before your arrived. Please first get in touch with me if you want to check in early.
4. There is absolutely no smoking allowed in the house. The sun room is a part of the house, so there is no smoking allowed in there as well, even if you open the window and lean out of it. No smoking allowed.
5. There are no pets allowed on the property.
6. The nearest place to eat is Ruby Slipper, and then Mandina's. Ruby Slipper is an excellent choice for breakfast or lunch.
Member since: 2014
- On floor 2
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 5
Be mindful that this unit is upstairs. And while there's no kids room per sé, kids are always welcomed. We're very close to the part and the bayou which is perfect for kids to hang out and be kids. ...moreless
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 2-5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
There's a full kitchen equipped with a stove/oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, kettle, toaster, pots and pans, glassware, utensils and dishes. There's also a breakfast nook in the kitchen....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 26 - Oct 29, 2017
2 night min stay
Nov 29 - Dec 2, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 30 - Jan 2, 2018
2 night min stay
Mardi Gras 2018
Feb 8 - Feb 14, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee $80
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Taxes Not included
A refund will be given for cancellations up to 5 days prior to check in. Within 5 days of the check in, the cancellation fee is 50% of total amount paid. There will be no refunds given 2 days or less to check in.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
There are numerous eateries in the area as well as a walking trail nearby. When the weather is nice, it's lovely to take a walk on the Bayou and get a sno-ball at Pandora's. There's a breakfast spot, Ruby Slipper, within walking distance and it's not to be missed if you stay here.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I'm a local artist who was born and raised in New Orleans. I show around town, and when I'm not showing I'm doing graphic design for a boutique design shop uptown. In my spare time I love tackling DIY projects, sewing, knitting, riding my bike to City Park and along the Lakefront, and also hanging with friends for a happy hour in the neighborhood. This is New Orleans, so I obviously love to eat and can always help you find something that suits your palette. When I moved back to New Orleans, I knew I wanted to live in Mid City. It's a great place to live. I love my neighborhood.
Why the Owner Chose Mid-City, New Orleans, LA, USA:
Before I bought this home I lived nearby in the same neighborhood for a few years, and I loved my neighborhood. I knew when I started looking for a home, it would be in this exact same neighborhood. It's just so conveniently located. I never have to get on the highway and can be uptown, downtown and the French Quarter under 15 minutes. You can bike everywhere if you wanted to. And being right off of Carrollton and Canal, there are many great amenities in the neighborhood and many more opening on what seems like a daily basis. I also chose this home for it's proximity to City Park. I love to ride my bike and walk. It's such a great way to unwind. Being close to the bayou and the park means that I can take advantage of the trails and being close to the water. Having all of the amenities of a busy city block and then also tons of green space is a win win and I love it.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
I chose this property during my search because of it's charm. I'm all about the charm. It has the transoms, the history, the tall ceilings...the charm. I'm an artist, so beautiful spaces mean a lot to me.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living room with a sofa you'll melt into. There's extra seating and a large tv.
A perfect spot for your morning coffee
This office space doubles as a 3rd bedroom with a plush futon
Sunroom has comfortable seating and windows galore which is perfect for lounging
The fully equipped kitchen also has a breakfast nook
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.