House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 8
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
No smoking - If smoking outside extinguish and police buttsIf smoking outside extinguish and police butts
Max guests: 8
Minimum age of primary renter: 30
- We love pets but allergies and previous bad experiences prevent us from allowing pets. Pet penalty is $25 per night plus pet cleaning fee of $75.
- Sounds carry very well through the mountains. Please be respectful of the peace & quiet of the mountain. (One of our neighbors is a deputy sheriff).
- As Smokey says, "Only you can prevent forest fires." No charcoal grills, no outside fires. If smoking, do so outside only and police your butts please
Communication was great-owners were very responsive. They also provided a great deal of valuable information prior to our trip. The cabin had all the needed amenities-and then some. We took advantage of the on-site laundry and cooked most of our meals in. Wish we could have spent more time on the deck!
We were even more surprised how private this cabin was! What a treat. We will definitely be renting again someday if we can. It was a wonderful stay. Thank you !
Great get-away location
We enjoyed being away from the crowds at this cabin located on the side of a mountain. Many attractions nearby.
Great rental for a family
Our family of 5 thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Black Hills and at the house.
A great location in the black hills with so much to see in the area
Beautiful house, loved the location. Very well stocked, we hardly needed to bring anything with us. We enjoyed seeing the wildlife on the mountain, we saw deer, wild turkey and so much cattle, #109 was our favorite. After long days driving, this was such a peaceful, comfortable place to call home for the week. Loved the decor of the house. Very large, spacious, comfortable home. It was exactly what we were looking for.
* Mount Rushmore
* Mickelson Bike Trail (runs full length of the Hills) & Centennial Hiking Trails
* Trout & other Fishing at Lakes & Rapid Creek
* Sue the dinosaur was discovered nearby
* Chuck wagon supper and shows
* Crazy Horse Monument
* Custer State Park with Buffalo herds, Wild Burros, Big Horn Sheep, Prong Horns & Prairie Dogs
* Historic cities of Deadwood, Lead, Sturgis, Custer & Hill City
* Hill City is nearby with Black Hills gold, Beautiful Galleries and Restaurants
* Black Hills Institute of Geographical Research In Hill City
* Badlands National Park (2 hours east of Black Hills)
* Devils Tower National Monument (Across the border into Wyoming)
* Jewel Cave National Monument, Wind Cave National Monument, Rushmore Cave
* Journey Museum in Rapid City (Native American & Western Expansion Museum)
* Mammoth Site Archeological Dig & Museum
* Many other tourist attactions
Dean and Patricia Farr
About Dean and Patricia Farr
My wife and I both grew up in South Dakota near Sioux Falls. We attended college at Augustana College. I have a business degree and my wife an education degree. We spent time in Germany while I was in the Army. Following that time my wife taught school and I worked for General Mills in Minneapolis and then in West Chicago IL. We raised our two daughters in IL. We also started our own business there. We are now retired and recently moved to northern Wisconsin where we are full time caretakers for daughter's family lake home. We are again South Dakota residents and rent our Black Hills House while we are care-taking in Wisconsin. We feel fortunate to have 2 beautiful places to spend our retirement.
Dean and Patricia Farr purchased this Cabin in 2000
Why Dean and Patricia Farr chose Rapid City
This property was built by my uncle and his wife as a vacation home. Our family often visited and loved the Black Hills. We told Uncle Harvey that if and when he was ready to sell the property to keep us in mind. He did so and we are now the proud owners of his cabin in the Black Hills. Harvey and his wife Mildred are gone now but we keep a picture of him to remind us of the great experiences and scenery he provided our family.
What makes this Cabin unique
We love the Black Hills. Our home gives us a peaceful get-a-way and is located centrally to all the attractions the Black Hills has to offer. We never run out of things to do or see. When we get tired from all the activity we come back and enjoy pleasant quite times resting and relaxing on the deck or next to the fireplace. Because we are built into the side of the mountain the tall pines that surround us makes one feel like they are living in tree house. We often see deer, wild turkeys, and numerous varieties of birds. We have seen cougars, bobcats, coyotes and mountain sheep nearby (not too close - just nearby). We love going to Custer State Park and driving the wildlife loop where you see buffalo, pronghorn, prairie dogs, deer, wild burros and more.