I am the proud owner of Rustica, a villa located at Fairway Courts, a gated community at the heart of the world-renowned Palmas del Mar, a beach resort and golf course nested on the southeast corner of the island in the town of Humacao, Puerto Rico. Palmas del Mar is located just 45-50 minutes from San Juan International Airport.
The villa has ample room, a very spacious living space with high ceilings, a master bedroom and a guestroom. The master bedroom has a sliding door with access to the terrace/balcony. The guest bedroom is actually a lockout room with a kitchenette and has it's own bathroom. There are 2 full beds in the guest room. The villa can sleep 4-6 people comfortably.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How far away is the beach from the villa?
It's about 8-10 mins walk from the villa. The closest path is through a gate located on the back of the complex. There's a walking path used by Golf carts that passes along the edge of the golf course, then in front of the Windham hotel and finally the beach.
2. Is a golf cart included with this rental?
No, but there is a shop on-site where you can rent one. The villa comes with a parking spot for a golf cart where you can easily charge the cart.
3. Does the villa come with a membership to Palmas Athletic Club's Beach Club?
From the balcony you get a serene view of a pond and neatly kept lawn dotted by tall palm trees. The pond has actual real wildlife in it (such as turtles, fish, birds).
Being at the heart of Palmas del Mar, Fairway Courts is located within walking distance to many of the resort's amenities:
1. Golf Course, the villa is located between the 5th and 9th holes on one of the two championship 18-holes golf courses inside Palmas del Mar. The villa even comes equipped with its own parking spot for a golf cart. For Golf cart rentals please contact me for more info.
2. Tennis Club, the largest tennis facility in the whole Caribbean (20 courts in total; 2 artificial grass Omni Courts, 4 Har-Tru clay courts and 14 hard courts, many of which are lighted for night play. Fun fact: you can actually see some of the courts from the villa's balcony. Use the guest's keycard to access the tennis courts from Fairway Courts.
3. Windham Garden Hotel & Casino, the hotel is down the street from Fairway Courts, an easy walk or 1-minute drive.
4. the beach, it is also within walking distance or a short drive (there are more than 2 miles long of sandy beach). Use the guest's keycard to access the beach from the Fairway Courts, there's no need to drive. The beach is approximately about 10 mins walk.
5. Palmanova Plaza, a small shopping mall with a supermarket, stores, bank and office spaces among other services.
In addition to the above, Palmas del Mar has a Yacht Club, its own bilingual school K through 12 grade, 15 restaurants and an equestrian center with modern installations.
Just a short drive away from Palmas del Mar you can find many top attractions such as:
1. Old San Juan - less than 1 hour away from Palmas del Mar
2. El Yunque National Forest - a rain forest with many hiking trails and waterfalls, a must-see from any visitors to Puerto Rico
3. Luquillo Beach
4. Fajardo Bioluminescent Bay Tour
5. Vieques and Culebras (Puerto Rico's Virgin Islands) with stunning blue water and white sandy beaches. Flamenco Beach in Culebra is considered among the top ten beaches in the world. There are boats charters from the Marina at Palmas del Mar.