- english, italian
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Fagagna and its surroundings: a world to discover
Documented for the first time in 983 but probably of Lombard origin, it belonged to the patriarchs of Aquileia who gave it as a fief to a consortium of noble families and since then its walls saw alternating vicissitudes of war, sieges and betrayals, until - in 1420 - the whole region was conquered by the Republic of Venice. Today, one of the entrance doors, the sixteenth-century Palazzo della Comunità, the tower, the small church of St. remain from the ancient structure. Michele, and a building converted into a restaurant. Here you can enjoy a good glass of wine in front of a splendid panorama that in the clearest days extends to the sea.
Accessibility: Free access
Museum of rural life "Cjase Cocèl"
In an ancient rural house of the 1600s, inhabited for many years by the Chiarvesio (Cocèl) family, the typical environments of the Friulian farmhouse were reconstructed such as the kitchen and the typical fogolâr, the rooms, the barn, the cellar, the pantry, the farmyard, the stable. Other exhibition spaces have been added such as the forge, the mill and the bobbin lace school that illustrate the living conditions and the social context of the local peasant society, from the end of the 1800s to the first half of the last century.
Accessibility: open on Sundays from 2.30pm to 6pm in April, May, September and October; Sunday from 15.30 to 19.00 in June, July and August. Closed in winter and on Easter Monday, April 25th, June 2nd, August 15th and November 1st. Open to groups by reservation only (tel. 0432. 801887 - 347 2366681; fax. 0432. 802599; email cultura @ comune. Fagagna. Ud. It). Ticket price 3 euros (for groups and reduced 2.50 euros)
Public park of the Cjastenâr
The park of the Cjastenâr is located at 400 extends for about 5 hectares on the homonymous hill on the outskirts of the village. The area is used for activities related to leisure, sport and leisure. Many pedestrian paths can be used for walks; the park is also equipped with two play areas for children and a jogging and fitness trail. The visitor can find relaxation areas equipped with tables and benches. The park has fountains with drinking water and ample parking.
Accessibility: free access
Quadris naturalistic oasis
An experimental station for the reintroduction of the white stork and the ibis hermit, with numerous sedentary specimens of these two species and placed in a of various anatids in the natural environment of a peat bog.
Accessibility: Open from 19 March to 1 November Sundays and holidays from 10.00 am to 6.30 pm. To book guided tours tel. + 39- 331 9788574. the official website is: www. oasideiquadris. it
Church of "Madone Taviele"
One of the most beautiful country churches in Medio Friuli is isolated, in the Madrisio countryside. Built in its present form towards the end of the fifteenth century on earlier structures, it contains a Roman sepulchral stele, fragments of frescoes depicting a rare and beautiful Byzantine Madonna (sec. XI-XII), and some votive offerings painted by culau simit, lenar de duri and marti de pieri in 1519.
Accessibility: tel. To Ms Lucia at 0432 801116 or 331 8410946.
Asquini house and garden
It is the historic residence of the Asquini family, of ancient Friulian nobility, who still lives there. In the second half of the 18th century it was at the center of a modern farm, where picolit wine was produced, exported to the courts of half of Europe and where peat fuel was used. At the end of the 19th century the garden was built according to the romantic style then in vogue. Guided by the owners you visit the furnished and decorated rooms, and continue in the country houses and the garden.
Accessibility: Visits must be agreed in advance (zambramail @ gmail. Com; mariatrentin60 @ gmail. Com; +39 339 2991720). Not usable by disabled, pets not allowed. cost: € 6 per person.
Casa Brunelde stronghold
Ancient medieval fortress (already mentioned in 1208) built on pre-existent pre-Roman, then hunting lodge of the Counts of Arcano and now private residence of the same family, it preserves interesting historical memories of its development over the centuries and of the different characters of the family who lived there. His visit allows a plunge back in eight hundred years of history.
Accessibility: Visits must be arranged at 0432/288588 - Fax 0432/229790 - Cell. 328/6693865 - email: visite @ consorziocastelli. it
Castle of Villalta
It is one of the most important and best preserved medieval castles of Friuli. Feud of an ancient family of probable Germanic origins, for more than three centuries it was at the center of the many events that troubled the Patriarchate of Aquileia, giving birth to a