****BEFORE CONTACTING US PLEASE NOTE****
WE HAVE A STRICT 7 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY, SO PLEASE DO NOT INQUIRE OR RESERVE TO BOOK FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT.
Charming 3-bedroom lakefront furnished cabin and 2-bedroom guest cottage that share a large, sunny patio, the very best view on Bantam lake, and your own dock right out the back door. Located on private Deer Island, only five miles from the town of Litchfield, this one-of-a-kind rental is ideal for extended families or groups of friends. The two houses easily sleep 10, and can accommodate more with the couches in the two living rooms (and there are two blow-up beds available - one twin and one full). Dogs are allowed with prior notice, the property is completely fenced in except for water-side and is equipped with dog bowls and beds so that everyone can feel at home!
Long called “The Magic House” by friends, decorated in cottage-cozy style inspired by fairy tales, this is an ideal spot for those who love to stay in unique places – and both houses have all you might need (pots and pans, dishes, dishwashers, linens, bath and beach towels, etc.).
We are happy to answer any questions about the property or area but if you would like to know whether the DATES you are interested in are available, all you need to do is plug the dates you are interested in into the calendar. If they are already taken, they will be blocked out - the calendar is always up to date. Likewise, if you would like to know the FEES just plug in the dates and hit the "Get Instant Quote" button and you will see the total amount, which is non-negotiable.
This property is enjoyable year-round. There is a huge bluestone patio with stone fire pit, full gas grill, teak furniture and built in outdoor hutch with a small sink and two small refrigerators for entertaining. In summer, with the fishing rods, kayaks, a canoe and a 60+ foot dock with a large landing at the end, the property is ideal for spending your days and evenings outdoors. If you grow tired of the sun (or in the event of a shower) take shelter and possibly a nap in the shade on the porch swing. Or head to the guest house to watch movies from the extensive DVD collection, on the 70" HD screen. In the fall, you can’t beat the beauty of the New England foliage – with literally the longest view across the lake, facing White’s Woods Conservation area, the vantage point from your rocking chair on the porch is unobstructed by houses or developments. And as a winter rental, this is the best spot on the lake for ice fishing – right out the back door. Set your tip ups and watch for the flags out the picture window in the living room, by a roaring fire. With wood stoves in both houses, tons of classic games and books, wi-fi and cable TV, there is no better place to curl up and relax.
• Main house has three bedrooms with double or queen beds in each, full bath with shower on second floor,powder room on first floor and full kitchen with propane stove, large refrigerator and dishwasher. The living room has a Bose iPod docking station, large wood insert in the fireplace, TV and dining area. There is also a washer and dryer on the second floor. A large generator is connected to the main house and turns on automatically in case of any power outage (note: If necessary, an extension cord can be run from the generator to the guest house to provide electricity).
• Guest house has two bedrooms, one with a twin and a trundle pull-out, the other with a futon bed that sleeps two. There is a full bathroom with shower, a kitchen with an electric stove, smaller refrigerator and dishwasher. The large living room has a woodstove, TV and pull out couch.
* Our minimum stay is 7 nights.
* We require all renters be at least 25-years old.
* No smoking is allowed in either house.