Central Berkeley Modern House-Walk to Uc (Cal), Downtown, Dining, and Transport(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:14 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 4-5)
2BR/1BA Renovated Luxury Home
Perfect as a Short-Term Rental - Everything Included: No need to pay for anything else
More Info with Pictures on web site (see link below) or type Berkeley McGee House into any search engine.
** Fully remodeled and furnished 2 bedroom / 1 bath house
** fully stocked kitchen (with dishwasher)
** 40' Sony Google HD TV (with Netflix unlimited streaming subscription included - plus a DVD/CD player on a surround sound stereo system)
** broadband internet (wifi)
** organic cotton linens
** phone (free long distance and voice mail)
** washer and dryer
** quiet tree lined street
** private fenced-in backyard
** hard wood floors
** lots of southern light
** 7 blocks to UC Berkeley campus and 6 blocks to downtown Berkeley (very easy walk)
** tons of restaurant, movie, theatre, and entertainment options
QUIET CENTRAL BERKELEY NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE (part of side-by-side duplex):
- 7 blocks from UC Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley (near MLK and Bancroft). Very easy walk.
- Perfect for short-term rental (see below in pricing for details) - No need to setup and pay utilities or to buy furnishings: everything is included.
- Fully remodeled house - quiet tree lined street - private fenced-in backyard (other duplex unit has it’s own separate backyard).
- 2 bedrooms (2BR) – one full bathroom (tiled floor) with tub and shower (1BA).
- Hard wood floors - fireplace - no apartment above unit - only one common wall - lots of southern light - furnace for heat (separate WisperWarm heating in bathroom).
- All utilities at no extra cost: internet (as above), Netflix on TV, phone service (unlimited calls to US and Canada numbers - incoming calls - voice mail), and of course all basic utilities as well: electricity, natural gas/heat, water, and trash service.
- Bedding and linens included: all sheets and towels are 100% organic cotton
- Fully furnished: Washer/Dryer (W/D), all kitchen equipment (pots and pans, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishwasher), sofa, tables, chairs, beds, TV, etc..
- Perfect for visiting Cal faculty (10 minute walk to campus), or as a corporate apartment rental, or as a vacation rental. Great alternative to a hotel. Accommodates up to 5 persons.
GREAT CONVENIENT BERKELEY LOCATION:
- 7 blocks from University of California at Berkeley (Cal) campus (10 minute walk - about 1/2 mile).
- 6 blocks from Downtown Berkeley BART station and all downtown amenities (restaurants, shops, cinemas, banks, library, buses).
- 25 minute ride on the BART to Downtown San Francisco.
- 4 blocks from large grocery store.
- Close to everything, but a very quiet residential neighborhood.
- Very easy access to highway I-80.
- 10 minute drive to downtown Oakland or Emeryville.
- One block to Berkeley’s Bike network.
AVAILABLE: Year Round (See availability calendar on web site listed below) (see below for minimum booking fee)
LOCATION: McGee Ave at Bancroft Way; Berkeley, CA 94703 (see location/directions on web page listed below)
CONTACT: To get details on the unit, contact Mark Foy: Mark's e-mail: [see the below link]
More info about the condo with pictures: see specific web site: which is vitalita dot com slash rental
Directions: From I-80 and the University Ave exit, go east on University for about 1.5 miles. Turn right at McGee Ave (about 3 blocks after Sacramento). Go two and a half blocks (between Allston Way and Bancroft Way).
Keywords: House, Condo, Townhome, Duplex, Bungalow, Flat
Member since: 2006
- 775 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 5
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- BEDROOM 1 - Queen size Bed sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - windows in bedrooms have blackout roller shades - see photos at www.vitalita.com/rental/photos/ BEDROOM 2 - Double Bed (Murphy Wallbed) sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - blackout roller shades on window OTHER SLEEPING OPTIONS - There is also a twin sized air mattress available on request. This is quick inflate mattress which can be placed in one of the bedrooms or in the main living space. And in a pinch, if needed, someone could sleep on the sofa (only 1 'not very tall' person because the sofa does not fold out)...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- All towels are organic cotton; Hansgrohe Raindance shower head (for an extra luxurious shower) (handshower option); Glass enclosure around the bathtub, so there is no shower curtain to attract mildew, and water does not get around the rest of the bathroom; Special Panasonic Whisper Warm Ceiling Heating Unit/Fan - wonderful for providing fast heat in the bathroom during the winter; Toto Toilet with a very quite flush...moreless
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Sports & Activities
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
The house was insulated in 2006, and a high efficiency central force air furnace was installed in 2011; so this house maintains a more comfortable temperature more easily than many Berkeley houses...moreless
High-Speed/Broadband Internet connection - with both Wi-Fi Access and plug-in ethernet cable (can even connect to the wireless from the back yard). Internet speed is generally right around 12Mbps...moreless
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
14 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
*LOWER RATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR LONGER STAYS * Rates vary by length of booking.
** Please inquiry for exact pricing based on dates.
** Minimum durations listed above may not be correct (depending on time of the year) - please contact owner for exact minimum durations.
Additionally, at certain times, the minimum booking duration is more than 2 weeks (sometimes as much as 2 months) - Please inquire with your dates, and I can respond.
* See http://www.vitalita.com/rental/rates_berkeley_short_term_apartment.html for more details
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Car: Not Necessary
A Little Information About Berkeley:
* Berkeley is a town about 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco (in the East Bay)
* The main feature of Berkeley is the University of California at Berkeley campus (Cal) which is known world-wide. The campus was the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement in 1964.
* Berkeley is a beautiful town with lots of interesting craftsman architecture. It has a superb mild climate and beautiful geography (where something is blooming every month of the year).
* From the town there are spectacular views of San Francisco, the bay, and the hills of Berkeley.
* Because of Berkeley´s central location, it can be used as a based to explore San Francisco (20 minutes), Napa/Sonoma (1 hour), the Marin Redwoods (45 minutes), Santa Cruz (1.5 hours), and all of the San Francisco Bay area.
* Berkeley also has: world-class restaurants (Chez Panisse, Bay Wolf, and more), UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive, Zellerback Hall for cultural events, Lawrence Hall of Science (great for kids), Tilden Park (also great for kids), as well as hiking, biking, lakes, etc.
Parks Near to the McGee House:
* Berkeley has many parks
* The parks that are closest to the McGee house are:
* Becky Temko Tot Park - 2424 Roosevelt Street (near Channing)
* Washington School Park - 2300 MLK Jr. Way (near Bancroft Way)
* Presentation Park - 2199 California St. (at Allston Way)
* MLK Jr. Civic Center Park - 2151 MLK Jr. Way (at Allston Way)
Other House Location Information:
* About 1.75 miles from the Clark Kerr Campus located at the University of California at Berkeley
* About 2.5 miles from Children's Hospital Oakland which is also co-located with the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI) - so if you are looking for a place to stay during an extended visit to the Oakland Children's Hospital and/or Research Center, the McGee house can provide that option as it is located nearby
* About 2 miles from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL or LBL or Berkeley Labs) in Berkeley
* About 4 miles from Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) in Berkeley
* About 10 miles from Mills College in Oakland
* Many shops and restaurants within .5 miles around the house
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Mark lives about 15 blocks from the McGee House, and provides management to all guests of the house. He also works in the information technology arena, as well as in culinary services. You can see his main web site at vitalita dot com Mark has lived in Berkeley since 2000. Mark has stayed at multiple 'short-term furnished' vacation-style housing at many places in the USA, as well as in Europe. That has been great for learning what is important to travelers/visitors.
Why the Owner Chose Central Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA:
Mark purchased this house in 2005 to provide comfortable housing for people visiting Berkeley (including visitors to UC Berkeley). Visitors at that time had very few options for furnished short-term housing; there were plenty of housing options which were unfurnished, and required a 9 month lease (where the leaser had to setup their own utilities, etc.), but other than expensive hotels (which generally do not have kitchens, etc.), there were very few other options.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I love the McGee House for it's comfortable furnishings, quite neighborhood, yet still close to many of Berkeley's best offerings, as well as the private/fully landscaped back yard which is wonderful for enjoying our sunny California days.
Links to more information:
The house is on a quiet tree lined street only 6 blocks from downtown Berkeley
Expandable dining table (with leaves) which doubles as desk/work space
another view of the main living area with dining table at the window
Kitchen-dishwasher-view of private landscaped backyard-door to backyard
another view of the kitchen
large closet in bigger bedroom
Bathroom has shower over bath tub - organic cotton towels
Second bedroom has a Murphy Wallbed (full-size with organic cotton linens)
view to back yard - bed easy to lower & raise - optional folding desk available
Area around the McGee House
Propane Grill in back yard
McGee House location - 7 blocks to UC Berkeley Campus
Main living area with seating for 4 and HD Sony Google TV with free Netflix
Main living area with seating for 4 and HD Sony Google TV with free Netflix
fully equipped kitchen -with cafe table seating that looks out onto the backyard
Kitchen has direct access to private back yard (with deck and grill)
In the larger bedroom, a queen sized bed w/organic cotton linens; lots of light
Modern bathroom (with shower over bathtub) - includes a clothes washer and dryer
Bosch washer dryer set
Murphy Wallbed in the up position so the room could be used for other purposes
McGee House Floor Plan
private fenced-in back yard with deck and propane grill
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.