If you have any questions please send a message through Ask Manager a Question, located under the Request to Book.
Several DISTINCT FEATURES MAKE THIS HOUSE UNIQUE for beach vacations & special group events:
(1) An outdoor feel to an indoor swimming pool family(s) gathering or special occasion party event - thus no rain cancellations, wasted vacation days or rained-on food (no ugly tents to set up - see photos).
Many recreational amenities w/hot tub, pro quality pool, ping pong, foosball, hockey tables + quality putting green & golf hitting net.
Special events (weddings etc.) cannot be rained out because of a large indoor "see the sky" roof on the 2nd floor pool deck (no backyard type of rainouts & avoids setting up enclosed tents for bad weather insurance). Large enclosed 2nd floor solarium type deep water swimming pool is pleasantly sun warmed. The 22,000 gal. pool water temperature is seasonally slightly warmer than the ocean's (ALTHOUGH NOT HEATED by a heater).
High quality recreational amenities are on this property for both kids & adults who are kids at heart...after all this is your vacation. These amenities include a private large deep end 2nd floor enclosed swimming pool with waterfalls, a hydro jet hot tub, golf iron hitting & putting areas, a ping pong table, a professional foosball table, a quality rod slide hockey table & a professional 1" slate pool table. Bocce balls & similar games are also stored on the front porch. To my knowledge there is no other venue at Folly Beach that comes close to providing all this.
The beach is a walking minute away. Downtown Folly is a 5-7 min walk. Park your car once & toss away your car keys for the rest of this vacation. Historic downtown Charleston is a 10-20 min. drive.
(2) The large 2nd floor swimming pool area can be enjoyed even if raining beachfront because of a "see the sky through roof" w/a solarium type enclosure keeping it about 80 F in the winter sun (irrelevant of the temperature outside). In warmer months the surrounding windows open to a roofed/screened in enclosure keeping weather & bugs out.
(3) A garage door type of remote opens & closes the pool cover for safety if very young children are a concern.
(4) Two waterfalls add to the ambiance & dense trees keep the pool area private from passerby view. The 8 ft. deep end can be dived into.
(5) The great room is gigantic w/28 ft ceilings, 5 sky windows & 5 high ceiling fans, keeping the indoors bright & airy with naturally sun lit ambiance. The kitchen is enormous with appliances galore.
(6) The covered front porch spans the entire width of the house with a row of rocking & lounge chairs.
(7) The upstairs has a loft with a sitting area overlooking the downstairs & a professional grade 1" slate pool table.
Combined there is enormous bright & airy indoor space for a "good feel" vacation or event.
(8) A deluxe premium "Vectra" brand 3 person(at the same time) gym with over 50 different "head to toe" possible exercises. There is a propane grill on the back deck.
(9) For golfers, there is a putting green on the front porch. Back of the house, enjoy a full shot hitting area into a golf net.
Other favorable features:
This is a newer & the closest house to the ocean in Folly Beach's only upscale subdivision about a 1-2 min. walk to beachfront. This neighborhood is very, very safe & quiet. No shenanigans here.
The closest "walk to" beach area is popular because of the beachfront public restrooms & lifeguards during peak beach season.
An approx. 5-7 min. walk has you in downtown Folly Beach w/all it's quaint vibrancy (dining, wining, shopping & live music etc.); so park your car once & toss away its keys until the vacation ends. Unless of-course you want to make that 15-20 min drive to historic downtown Charleston. Historic downtown Charleston is highly ranked by most travel magazines as a "must visit" destination.
4 BRs, 3 full BAs & a Futon type sofa in the great room (opens for an additional bed - house sleeps 11), 3 kitchen sinks (2 faucets), 8 stove tops (both gas & electric), a 58" TV screen with 500 channels (including HBO & Showtime), WIFI internet & a "cannot run out of hot water" water heater round out some of the features.
Beach chairs/loungers, microwave/grill oven, blender, coffee maker and other gourmet kitchenware are provided. Beach games (bocci, corn hole etc) are also available.
Bicycle, kayak etc rentals are located within a 10 min. walk.
Special events can be held anytime the house is available f/a flat fee based on the number attending. Please inquire about these surcharges before scheduling your vacation.