Sommerhus, 1 soveværelse + sovesofa (r), 1 bad, (sovepladser 4)
Skader og påløbne udgifter
Du har ansvaret for eventuelle skader på ferieboligen, som forårsages af dig eller din gruppe under opholdet.
Børn ikke tilladt - kids welcome but need supervision kids welcome but need supervision
Rygning ikke tilladt
Maks. antal gæster: 4
- please read rental agreement carefully for rules and expectations. By booking you agree to all as outlined in the rental agreement. Thank You
Gorgeous and peaceful getaway!
This place was perfect for a friend and I to enjoy a getaway to the coast. It is small yet feels spacious with a fully equipped kitchen for cooking, a lovely sitting area with a tv for when it's rainy, and the most magical porch with covered and uncovered options for enjoying the views of the river and hills. Highly recommend!!
So glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for taking the time to let others know what to expect.
Nice sot for our Christmas vacation.
The riverside deck was huge entertainment, feeding birds from the rail and watching wildlife on the Nehalem river. The furnishings were mostly comfortable. TV remotes were difficult, heater was very loud. Neighbors were friendly, shower building/laundry was clean and tidy.
Thanks for sharing your experience Timothy, glad you enjoyed your visit. I have a plan for making the remotes easier as a result of your review. Yes those big furnaces can be loud in a small place, we have space heaters guests can use instead. I have double checked with manager to make sure they are available and left notes for future guests about that option.
Great location in Nehalem which is only 2 miles from Manzanita, the gem of the northern Oregon coast. Being right on the River was serene and blissful.
A couple things to be aware of:
- the bed is an older spring mattress and not comfortable; I left with a sore neck
- birds fly into the clear glass on the sun deck and it’s heartbreaking. I was able to nudge one w the broom to the opening after it tried multiple times to fly banging into the glass. :(
- the kitchen is very minimally stocked with no extras; I had to buy tin foil and was glad I brought spices and oil to cook with
- the ice maker doesn’t work so bring ice if you want it!
- in the winter it’s very DARK by 430 pm so a flashlight for guest to use would be great
- the tv in the living room had some issues (static) but it sounds like that was a new issue the manager is looking into
Yes the setting of this cottage right on the river is serene and beautiful. It is sad when the birdies get confused, we are experimenting with hanging some light sparkly beads or ribbon to help them avoid the windows. This is the first complaint we’ve had about the bed and will be looking at an upgrade in the near future.
Keeping the kitchen stocked with everything guests might need is difficult though we strive to have basics provided. Regardless, updating the listing so that’s clear for future guests is a priority.
That ice maker has been problematic off and on. The on-site manager has ensured there are ice trays in the freezer so there is access to ice in the old school way.
Great idea about a flashlight during the long nights of winter months. We have placed multiple flashlights in the cottage over the years for that purpose but they seem to disappear, another detail to add to the cleaning maintenance list so that is available for future guests. And yes, the TV issue is also being addressed.
Always appreciate feedback from guests so we can hear concerns and ideas to make a visit to the river cottage more enjoyable.
Fremragende fiskeri på Nehalem-floden og krabber ved mundingen af floden (hvis du kan slå havløverne!). Bare 2 timer fra Portland. Området Wheeler, Nehalem og Manzanita er smukt uden den super travle turistmæssige fornemmelse som Seaside.